NFL folded like a wet noodle over the protests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

More of your misleading garbage. Trump never assaulted women. O'Reilly was never shown to do anything either. Neither one ever did anything that we know of that is comparable to Weinstein, but the truth isn't convenient so the left will lie about it.

The image you posted should show Weinstein, Bill Clinton, Weiner, and Eliot Spitzer. In the background it should show Hillary Clinton, the great enabler. So much hypocrisy on the left. Looks like the left got caught with their pants down.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Late to the party, but I honestly don't care what athletes do during the national anthem. I personally prefer not to remove my hat because I find the national anthem and pledge of allegiance cult-like and weird.

How is showing respect for those who have given their life or served in the military cult like or weird. It is absolutely disgraceful and the NFL is starting to realize that is how the majority of the country feels. Too bad the NFL players believe the fake news portrayal of the liberal news media outlets that try to convince us that most of the country aligns with these left wing nut views. As evidenced by NBC fake news, they only report stories that push the liberal narrative. Hide the Weinstein story and plant the Trump video. Cover the Trump Russian collusion narrative that has never had any evidence and the more we find out the more it supports Trump. Slam Romney for weeks for his "binders full of women" comment meanwhile ignoring the real sexual assault occurring routinely in Hollywood. None of these facts are convenient, so the liberal media will try to pass on this story as much as possible. Too bad much of it is still coming out. NBC fake news can't sweep this one under the rug. Oh yeah, Hillary, why five days to comment? You knew HW was doing this, it wasn't a surprise, but lets not forget you are the great enabler.

How is showing respect for those who have given their life or served in the military cult like or weird. It is absolutely disgraceful and the NFL is starting to realize that is how the majority of the country feels. Too bad the NFL players believe the fake news portrayal of the liberal news media outlets that try to convince us that most of the country aligns with these left wing nut views. As evidenced by NBC fake news, they only report stories that push the liberal narrative. Hide the Weinstein story and plant the Trump video. Cover the Trump Russian collusion narrative that has never had any evidence and the more we find out the more it supports Trump. Slam Romney for weeks for his "binders full of women" comment meanwhile ignoring the real sexual assault occurring routinely in Hollywood. None of these facts are convenient, so the liberal media will try to pass on this story as much as possible. Too bad much of it is still coming out. NBC fake news can't sweep this one under the rug. Oh yeah, Hillary, why five days to comment? You knew HW was doing this, it wasn't a surprise, but lets not forget you are the great enabler.

This type of reaction can’t be normal.

Members don't see this ad :)
This type of reaction can’t be normal.

Maybe if you watched some real news and actually analyzed facts you would see my views are not only normal, but common too. Trump won the last election by making statements like this. You can't really argue with anything I say so you resort to condescending comments. Pretty typical for you and @Pooh & Annie

More of your misleading garbage. Trump never assaulted women. O'Reilly was never shown to do anything either. Neither one ever did anything that we know of that is comparable to Weinstein, but the truth isn't convenient so the left will lie about it.
Weinstein was doing EXACTLY what Trump said he likes to do, and is accused by more than a baker’s dozen women of doing it. Throw in his multiple affairs, the common complaints that he is publicly inappropriate at at his pageants, and you’ve taken your rube creds to an even higher level than they already were. Maybe you n your buddies chat about ***** grabbing, but the rest of us don’t and so it makes it hard to ignore it in the context of his history and personality.

And yeah. I’m sure FNC, who made more money off O’Reilly than anyone else EVER, had no reason to believe he’s a scumbag. They just tired of him I guess. And I’m sure no one there knew Ailes was a scumbag either.

You’re a YUGE hypocrite. You kind of screwed yourself because you absolutely HAVE to be a hypocrite on almost every subject to defend your *****. You don’t have to admit it or Even recognize it. But it’s weird that you don’t. Everyone else does.

Last edited:
Maybe if you watched some real news and actually analyzed facts you would see my views are not only normal, but common too. Trump won the last election by making statements like this. You can't really argue with anything I say so you resort to condescending comments. Pretty typical for you and @Pooh & Annie
When you’re debating someone who says Donald Trump is a patriot who treats women respectfully and is honest and well-informed on the decisions he makes and that things are going well, it is REALLY hard not to condescend.

But I definitely admit condescension doesn’t help anything. I guess it reflects how we feel about opinions of others sometimes though, even if it is unintellectual and childish.

When you’re debating someone who says Donald Trump is a patriot who treats women respectfully and is honest and well-informed on the decisions he makes and that things are going well, it is REALLY hard not to condescend.

But I definitely admit condescension doesn’t help anything. I guess it reflects how we feel about opinions of others sometimes though, even if it is unintellectual and childish.

It finally happened. After 12 years on the forum, I finally had to ignore someone. I just couldn't handle the insane amount of cognitive dissonance, the tiny echo chamber, the willful ignorance, and the sheer illogical nature of his arguments. I find myself wishing he actually was a troll, because the alternative - that he actually believes everything he says - is so much more terrifying.

Reactions: 6 users
Weinstein was doing EXACTLY what Trump said he likes to do, and is accused by more than a baker’s dozen women of doing it. Throw in his multiple affairs, the common complaints that he is publicly inappropriate at at his pageants, and you’ve taken your rube creds to an even higher level than they already were. Maybe you n your buddies chat about ***** grabbing, but the rest of us don’t and so it makes it hard to ignore it in the context of his history and personality.

And yeah. I’m sure FNC, who made more money off O’Reilly than anyone else EVER, had no reason to believe he’s a scumbag. They just tired of him I guess. And I’m sure no one there knew Ailes was a scumbag either.

You’re a YUGE hypocrite. You kind of screwed yourself because you absolutely HAVE to be a hypocrite on almost every subject to defend your *****. You don’t have to admit it or Even recognize it. But it’s weird that you don’t. Everyone else does.

Everyone else doesn't recognize it. If that were true you wouldn't be such a hateful person because Trump wouldn't be president and we would have an awful president. Weinstein and Trump aren't in the same planet when you compare what they did. Nice try.

It finally happened. After 12 years on the forum, I finally had to ignore someone. I just couldn't handle the insane amount of cognitive dissonance, the tiny echo chamber, the willful ignorance, and the sheer illogical nature of his arguments. I find myself wishing he actually was a troll, because the alternative - that he actually believes everything he says - is so much more terrifying.

I believe it along with over 60 million Americans who voted for Trump. Nice attempt with your liberal isolation technique. You know, the one liberals always use to attempt to make one feel like they are the only one who believes a certain way. Totally false as we found out on November 8. Simply put, you just don't want to argue facts. Easier to ignore me than defend your statements.

I believe it along with over 60 million Americans who voted for Trump. Nice attempt with your liberal isolation technique. You know, the one liberals always use to attempt to make one feel like they are the only one who believes a certain way. Totally false as we found out on November 8. Simply put, you just don't want to argue facts. Easier to ignore me than defend your statements.

Wooo boy, you are the prime example of why some folks I know who pursued philosophy, physics, and/or math laugh at some people in the life sciences/medicine. It's far too easy to make it to the end of medical school without ever having learned how to properly state or defend an argument, employ logic, present falsifiable evidence, ponder epistemology, or examine cognitive biases. Just take a look at the number of physicians (myself included) who have difficulty evaluating the true quality of medical studies or understanding advanced statistics. Anyone who's followed this thread and others I've posted in with you can see that I've challenged you over and over to provide evidence for the things you claim, yet none has followed. The earlier argument about whether there are, in fact, citizens who are willing to do the jobs that weight heavily towards undocumented immigrants- I presented evidence showing citizens don't do those jobs, but I guarantee you that there are sociological studies out there which support your contention. But you were too lazy to spend 5 minutes googling and post some statistics. This is called not arguing in good faith.

It's much easier for you to clutch your pearls while weakly shouting about liberal conspiracy this and liberal bubble that. I get it- it would be much easier for me to shout over and over that Trump is a ***** who has early stage dementia, but it's more compelling and more informative if instead, say, I point out that Trump's tax plan will raise taxes on almost 30% of filers who make between $50k to 150k. Do I have to be a mindreader to know that you will reply to this with "Bloomberg and the Brookings Tax Policy center analysis cited in the article are communist liberal fake news garbage!" ? No, because that's what you've always done, and because you're too lazy to present contrary evidence or to go through the numbers and provide an economics/mathematical refutation.

If you want to say something of substance, there are people here (including myself) who will listen and reply in good faith. I disagree with pgg, GA, and a number of other posters on a variety of political or economic matters, but yet I manage to learn things from them and try to understand their perspective while hopefully reciprocating. But with you, you've shown repeatedly (oh so repeatedly judging from your history showing 99% of posts that have nothing to do with clinical medicine or anesthesia) that you would rather parrot far-right talking points and engage in egregious Trump apologetics than try to get two sides to better understand each other. WholeLottaGame has been posting here for 12 years and hasn't put someone on ignore. You've been on SDN for about 5 minutes, relatively speaking. I really want you try to have a moment of self-introspection on why it might not be someone else who has the problem if you're getting ignored.

Reactions: 6 users
Wooo boy, you are the prime example of why some folks I know who pursued philosophy, physics, and/or math laugh at some people in the life sciences/medicine. It's far too easy to make it to the end of medical school without ever having learned how to properly state or defend an argument, employ logic, present falsifiable evidence, ponder epistemology, or examine cognitive biases. Just take a look at the number of physicians (myself included) who have difficulty evaluating the true quality of medical studies or understanding advanced statistics. Anyone who's followed this thread and others I've posted in with you can see that I've challenged you over and over to provide evidence for the things you claim, yet none has followed. The earlier argument about whether there are, in fact, citizens who are willing to do the jobs that weight heavily towards undocumented immigrants- I presented evidence showing citizens don't do those jobs, but I guarantee you that there are sociological studies out there which support your contention. But you were too lazy to spend 5 minutes googling and post some statistics. This is called not arguing in good faith.

It's much easier for you to clutch your pearls while weakly shouting about liberal conspiracy this and liberal bubble that. I get it- it would be much easier for me to shout over and over that Trump is a ***** who has early stage dementia, but it's more compelling and more informative if instead, say, I point out that Trump's tax plan will raise taxes on almost 30% of filers who make between $50k to 150k. Do I have to be a mindreader to know that you will reply to this with "Bloomberg and the Brookings Tax Policy center analysis cited in the article are communist liberal fake news garbage!" ? No, because that's what you've always done, and because you're too lazy to present contrary evidence or to go through the numbers and provide an economics/mathematical refutation.

If you want to say something of substance, there are people here (including myself) who will listen and reply in good faith. I disagree with pgg, GA, and a number of other posters on a variety of political or economic matters, but yet I manage to learn things from them and try to understand their perspective while hopefully reciprocating. But with you, you've shown repeatedly (oh so repeatedly judging from your history showing 99% of posts that have nothing to do with clinical medicine or anesthesia) that you would rather parrot far-right talking points and engage in egregious Trump apologetics than try to get two sides to better understand each other. WholeLottaGame has been posting here for 12 years and hasn't put someone on ignore. You've been on SDN for about 5 minutes, relatively speaking. I really want you try to have a moment of self-introspection on why it might not be someone else who has the problem if you're getting ignored.

More condescending garbage from a liberal. Not unexpected. Perhaps you should carefully read your post and learn from it.

I know there are studies showing Americans will do many of these jobs, but I don't owe you anything. I don't have to cite everything I state on here. It is mostly common sense, get rid of illegal immigrants and someone will do the job. The wages will increase to attract someone or something else will shift to compensate. It is really a disgrace that people like you find it acceptable to take advantage of the citizens of another country for cheap labor. I have raised that issue multiple times and it is ignored every time, including you. You pick out a few things and cite stuff while ignoring much of what I post. Examine yourself before making accusations.

I agree about Trump's tax plan lowering taxes on upper and lower class Americans, but raising taxes on middle class Americans. This seems to be due to getting rid of some deductions while leaving the tax rate unchanged. The tax plan is not finalized and I read an article today stating that Rand Paul has discussed this exact issue with Trump and adjustments will be made to fix that. Stay tuned, we will see.

Crazy how you call me out, but stay silent when fools on here are diagnosing Trump with dementia. Then I point out the Goldwater rule, fundamental and something even a 1st year medical student can understand, and others defend this type of stupidity. Where are you on that? I listened to one of Trump's speeches in its entirety a few days ago. He did an exceptional job of delivering it and there was nothing to suggest he can't give a decent speech or that he has dementia.

I don't care, not even a little, if @WholeLottaGame7 ignores me. This fool must not have much game at all if they can't engage in discussion.

Much of what I say is similar to what Trump says. Much of what Trump is doing is what he promised to do during the campaign. The campaign that led to his victory on November 8. You just can't tolerate that someone, like me, agrees entirely with what he is doing. By definition, you believe I am a lunatic because I don't share your left wing views.

More condescending garbage from a liberal. Not unexpected. Perhaps you should carefully read your post and learn from it...... You just can't tolerate that someone, like me, agrees entirely with what he is doing. .

You're right, I can't. It's just too difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who has so little between the ears that he literally believes another human being to be perfectly infallible. Congrats on being my first ignore as well. Cheers.

edit: I'm no expert on dementia, but the difference in poverty of vocabulary and fluidity of speech between 42yo Donald and present day don when speaking spontaneously is striking. jump to about 4 minutes in

Last edited:
You're right, I can't. It's just too difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who has so little between the ears that he literally believes another human being to be perfectly infallible. Congrats on being my first ignore as well. Cheers.

Another example of a liberal totally misrepresenting what I have stated. Never once did I state he was "perfectly infallible." Thanks for the insult as well, right on par with what I would expect from someone like you. Liberal doctrine states when you can't argue facts, make condescending remarks and name call. You are well-versed.

Thanks for retreating to your liberal safe space bubble. Go back to your distorted view of reality, thus the entire reason why the liberal world was shocked when Trump WON on November 8. I guess ignoring those you agree with is the cool thing to do. Just like kneeling is the cool thing to do in the NFL, until the owners told them players to stop. Why? Because the NFL folded like a wet noodle.

It will be interesting to see how many players defy the NFL and kneel. Equally interesting, if the players stand, how long will it take the NFL to rebound? My prediction is that it won't be quick. IMO, the idiot NFL players have done some real damage and it will be felt for years.

The fact that you (and much of the punditry on the right) think “liberal” is a dirty word is a problem.

Vinick: "Some of our older airlines are having trouble meeting their huge pension obligations at the very same time when they're facing intense competition from low-cost airlines that are so new they don't yet have pensions to pay. Now, an unthinking liberal will describe the airline bankruptcies as the evil capitalists screwing the workers."

Santos: "I didn't say that Senator and I don't think you should put words in my mouth."

Vinick: "No. Of course you didn't say it. You're not an unthinking liberal. Are you?"

Santos: "I know you like to use that word 'liberal' as if it were a crime."

Vinick: "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have used that word. I know Democrats think liberal is a bad word. So bad you had to change it. What do you call yourselves now, progressives? Is that it?"

Santos: "It's true. Republicans have tried to turn liberal into a bad word. Well, liberals ended slavery in this country."

Vinick: "A Republican President ended slavery."

Santos: "Yes, a liberal Republican, Senator. What happened to them? They got run out of your party. What did liberals do that was so offensive to the liberal party? I'll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things- every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work, Senator. Because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor."

Reactions: 5 users
The fact that you (and much of the punditry on the right) think “liberal” is a dirty word is a problem.

Exactly this......it's like when someone calls one a "social justice warrior" as an insult, as if fighting for social justice is a bad thing.

Reactions: 1 user

Liberal isn't a dirty word by itself, but it seems to most often be accompanied by a hateful and condescending tone.