NHSC Recipients and Military HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BluntForceTrauma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for those of you who have received the NHSC or military HPSP:

After you received the awarded scholarship and stipend, were you still eligible for any additional aid through Stafford loans or Grad plus? If so, how much?

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

NHSC scholar: I was eligible for additional aid through unsubsidized loans. My school caps additional loans at "cost of attendance," but I was still eligible to borrow almost 12,000/year. It is nice to know the money is available, and I've borrowed a bit here and there to pay for larger expenses- board exams, applying to residency, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
NHSC scholar: I was eligible for additional aid through unsubsidized loans. My school caps additional loans at "cost of attendance," but I was still eligible to borrow almost 12,000/year. It is nice to know the money is available, and I've borrowed a bit here and there to pay for larger expenses- board exams, applying to residency, etc.
NHSC scholar as well. Exact same situation. Was able to borrow an additional $10k ish/year

Reactions: 1 user