NHSC Scholarship 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who checked your portals and it says finalist, did you also receive an email stating that a change had been made to the status of your application? Or did you just login to check and happen to notice it said finalist?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who checked your portals and it says finalist, did you also receive an email stating that a change had been made to the status of your application? Or did you just login to check and happen to notice it said finalist?

Yes, I received the email, which prompted me to check my status in the NHSC portal.

I saw SDN, checked my portal and later on in the day I checked my email and had gotten an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you guys have you're school official to sign that verification so fast??

Reactions: 1 user
How did you guys have you're school official to sign that verification so fast??
I was wondering the same thing and getting frustrated that I hadn't heard anything back yet... then realized my email never sent. :oops:

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone would know this, but have all the scholarship awards already been sent? My application still says under review and I just wanted to be sure. I guess this question is more so geared towards those who have won the award in previous cycles

Hi everyone, not sure if anyone would know this, but have all the scholarship awards already been sent? My application still says under review and I just wanted to be sure. I guess this question is more so geared towards those who have won the award in previous cycles
No awards have been given yet. Only some of the finalist notifications. There will most likely be another round of finalists and then the awards will be given.

Lol, I was also wondering the same thing.

I emailed administration and they didn’t get back to me within 24 hours so then I emailed financial aid, student affairs, and admissions and had a response within an hour. Basically I was annoying and pushy but it gets the job done ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 users

My school official emailed me back in 10 minutes with the form completed, I totally wasn’t expecting it...I sent her a very gracious thank you email hahah

Hi everyone! For those who filled out the enrollment form, what did you put for start and end date of program? I asked a few current scholars from my school and one of them said to put the start of this upcoming school year (as opposed to the start of the four year program) because it says Fall 2018 at the top. Anybody have insight on this? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! For those who filled out the enrollment form, what did you put for start and end date of program? I asked a few current scholars from my school and one of them said to put the start of this upcoming school year (as opposed to the start of the four year program) because it says Fall 2018 at the top. Anybody have insight on this? Thanks!!

I asked the school official (the person who signed my verificarion form) to determine those dates for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
No awards have been given yet. Only some of the finalist notifications. There will most likely be another round of finalists and then the awards will be given.

I actually called yesterday and they said that one person has been awarded the NHSC scholarship.

I actually called yesterday and they said that one person has been awarded the NHSC scholarship.
Yeah I don’t know about that. Half the people you talk to when you call have no idea what’s going on. Every single year before this, all awards are given at the same time. But I guess it’s possible. Either way, I think it’s too early to count anyone out.

How come the contract shown only talks about full time? What happened to the part time option?

For anyone who got to the contract signing page, our way of signing the contract is simply at the end where we click and fill out the SSN, answer a question and put in our password again? I was concerned that I didn't actually "sign" the contract because it just showed up as a grey box for me! I called customer support as well but just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!
What is the contract signing page? I received the finalist email Wednesday and filled out one paper on my portal. This paper had 5 steps (agreeing to accept the scholarship, account info, verification of good standing, I-4 and agreeing to online tax details). Is there another page that you are referring to? And if so how did you get this? Was it later on the portal and if so were you notified by email that you needed to sign it? I am worried that I am missing some small step!

What is the contract signing page? I received the finalist email Wednesday and filled out one paper on my portal. This paper had 5 steps (agreeing to accept the scholarship, account info, verification of good standing, I-4 and agreeing to online tax details). Is there another page that you are referring to? And if so how did you get this? Was it later on the portal and if so were you notified by email that you needed to sign it? I am worried that I am missing some small step!
Submit that page and it will load your second page:)

Submit that page and it will load your second page:)
This is strange. I submitted the page (previously mentioned with 5 steps) last night, and no other page has loaded. When I sign in now the page looks the same with Step 1 listed (accept or decline), but it also has in a yellow box "view your submitted application". Did yours load immediately after? Is anyone else getting to the second page?

This is strange. I submitted the page (previously mentioned with 5 steps) last night, and no other page has loaded. When I sign in now the page looks the same with Step 1 listed (accept or decline), but it also has in a yellow box "view your submitted application". Did yours load immediately after? Is anyone else getting to the second page?
OMG! There was an unknown error when I submitted the first form and it had not gone through, though I believed it had! Thank you for posting your information.

OMG! There was an unknown error when I submitted the first form and it had not gone through, though I believed it had! Thank you for posting your information.
Were you able to get the second page as well? Glad to help!

Okay other finalists the paranoia is setting in....to confirm: the first screen was confirming interest, bank info, enrollment verification form that was one page, W-4 that was 4 pages but we just submitted the first, and online tax info/agreement(just clicking yes). Then the next screen was choosing the amount of years, clicking agree and putting in password SSN etc. did I miss anything? Really just checking to confirm there were only 2 one page documents we had to upload (EVF and W-4). Correct? (I think I’ll spend the rest of this wait worried I did something wrong..)

Okay other finalists the paranoia is setting in....to confirm: the first screen was confirming interest, bank info, enrollment verification form that was one page, W-4 that was 4 pages but we just submitted the first, and online tax info/agreement(just clicking yes). Then the next screen was choosing the amount of years, clicking agree and putting in password SSN etc. did I miss anything? Really just checking to confirm there were only 2 one page documents we had to upload (EVF and W-4). Correct? (I think I’ll spend the rest of this wait worried I did something wrong..)

That's how it was for me!

Your status should say "Accepted award- Under final review"

Okay thank you!! It does say that, I guess I’m just worried that upon final review something will go wrong haha this is so nerve wracking!
Its okay hahaha now just chill and relax and dont think about it for the next 7 weeks

If we got a credit check 7/17, is there any way we could still be a finalist?

Still waiting to get my EVF back. I'm really hoping I'll get it Monday, I don't like to submit things last minute.

Still waiting to get my EVF back. I'm really hoping I'll get it Monday, I don't like to submit things last minute.

Personally, I would start harassing your school a bit if you don't have it by tomorrow morning.

super late to the thread but I am also a finalist!! (Email received 8/8/18) This has been a very emotional week for me.. I also got ENGAGED O.O Lots of crying. I am a second-year dental student. I applied last year - got a credit score check but did not receive the scholarship. I was so discouraged to reapply this year but I'm so glad I did! If you didn't' get it this year there's always next year!! Congrats to all the finalists.

Reactions: 6 users
super late to the thread but I am also a finalist!! (Email received 8/8/18) This has been a very emotional week for me.. I also got ENGAGED O.O Lots of crying. I am a second-year dental student. I applied last year - got a credit score check but did not receive the scholarship. I was so discouraged to reapply this year but I'm so glad I did! If you didn't' get it this year there's always next year!! Congrats to all the finalists.

That's so exciting--congratulations! I have to say, the prospect of the financial security from this scholarship has got me thinking about proposing...

Damn omg congratulations!!! That made me so happy!!

Just curious, when you reapplied, did you get new letters of recommendations and rewrite your essays?

Just curious, when you reapplied, did you get new letters of recommendations and rewrite your essays?

Mm I definitely edited my essays.. the content was for the most part still the same but I just edited the format. As for letters of rec, I asked the same two people for my letters because I felt they were the strongest. I don't know if they personally sent in the same ones from the last year.. or not. :p

Congratulations!! What an exciting week. So happy to have others to go through this crazy and stressful application process with!

So, I called and they said that they send out multiple batches of finalists emails. So, if you're still under review, don't assume you're out of the running just yet.

Personally, I would start harassing your school a bit if you don't have it by tomorrow morning.
You wanna call and pretend to be me :laugh: I don't know why I get so nervous at coming across rude when I call asking for things after I emailed someone. In my defense, I didn't even get a response acknowledging my email though.

You wanna call and pretend to be me :laugh: I don't know why I get so nervous at coming across rude when I call asking for things after I emailed someone. In my defense, I didn't even get a response acknowledging my email though.
CALL THEM NOW! Be like that it is due tomorrow and you would appreciate if you get it asap. Think of it this way....if you don't call, you're out of the running

Congratulations!! What an exciting week. So happy to have others to go through this crazy and stressful application process with!

thank you!! I feel the same :happy:

For the last day of classes, did you put the last day of classes for you graduation year or last day for this academic year?

For the last day of classes, did you put the last day of classes for you graduation year or last day for this academic year?
I put estimated graduation year

What do they look at when deciding which finalists actually get the scholarship? Someone told me that 90% of finalists get the scholarship but just curious if people knew what they looked at?

Congrats to all the finalists so far! I'm still crossing my fingers but so far no credit check either lol :whistle:

Sooo I was just reviewing my submitted application and on the last page it is my confirmation of interest. It says number of years of funding requested: 3, and then it says I agree to 4 years of funding for 4 years of support, and that I certified that that is correct. I think it's just a glitch type of thing, as I'm completely positive it said 3 for 3 when I submitted, and number of years requested still says 3. This was the part when the number of years that you were agreeing to was reflected in this statement, along with classes beginning before sept 30, etc. So I just chose my number of years of funding, this was not something I had to change or control..it just went based off what I chose. Thoughts on what I should do about this?

On my contract it says: By electronically signing this contract, I agree to 3 years of service obligation for 3 year(s) of scholarship support. This is just on the last page of my application right under number of years requested: 3 and I have no idea why!

Wow this is one of the most anxiety-provoking experiences of my life...Don't know if I'll feel like I'm able to breathe until I know whether or not I was countersigned...(okay lets be real, until the final congrats/rejection email)

Last edited:
Sooo I was just reviewing my submitted application and on the last page it is my confirmation of interest. It says number of years of funding requested: 3, and then it says I agree to 4 years of funding for 4 years of support, and that I certified that that is correct. I think it's just a glitch type of thing, as I'm completely positive it said 3 for 3 when I submitted, and number of years requested still says 3. This was the part when the number of years that you were agreeing to was reflected in this statement, along with classes beginning before sept 30, etc. So I just chose my number of years of funding, this was not something I had to change or control..it just went based off what I chose. Thoughts on what I should do about this?

On my contract it says: By electronically signing this contract, I agree to 3 years of service obligation for 3 year(s) of scholarship support. This is just on the last page of my application right under number of years requested: 3 and I have no idea why!

Wow this is one of the most anxiety-provoking experiences of my life...Don't know if I'll feel like I'm able to breathe until I know whether or not I was countersigned...(okay lets be real, until the final congrats/rejection email)

Wait actually, it also says "By certifying this document, I verify the following:* • My program starts on or before September 30th, 2017"

Hoping this is just a general glitch. My contract is fully correct, this section of the app is just off. Other finalists--please let me know if the last page of your pdf application is fully correct. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wait actually, it also says "By certifying this document, I verify the following:* • My program starts on or before September 30th, 2017"

Hoping this is just a general glitch. My contract is fully correct, this section of the app is just off. Other finalists--please let me know if the last page of your pdf application is fully correct. Thanks!

I reviewed my application and saw that as well. I don't know why the year is 2017 when it should be 2018.