NHSC Scholarship 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I reviewed my application and saw that as well. I don't know why the year is 2017 when it should be 2018.
Okay thanks for the response! I assume everyone has that. I am officially going to stop worrying about this and hope the countersign comes

Members don't see this ad.

Mine says I agree for 4 years of obligation for 4 years of service. And the date was correct (2018)

ALSO I was looking at a previous year thread and apparently we get countersigned between August 25- Sept 10th or something (So we dont have to wait for Sept 30th?)

Mine says I agree for 4 years of obligation for 4 years of service. And the date was correct (2018)

ALSO I was looking at a previous year thread and apparently we get countersigned between August 25- Sept 10th or something (So we dont have to wait for Sept 30th?)

The date is correct when you click on “view submitted application” and scroll to the last page that is confirmation of interest? Under “classes begin by Sept 30th” It seems weird that some of ours would be correct and others wouldn’t be. I was thinking it was an error on their part

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I clicked on both the "View submitted application" and well as the "See NHSC contract signed" and both are correct. I would personally call them just in cas3

You will get a counter signature a few weeks after you turn in your finalist paperwork if they plan to award you the scholarship (if you don’t get one, this is the first clue that you may not get the scholarship in the end). Anytime after that, they can send out award notifications. My year was Aug 30th. You guys are a couple weeks behind where we were in the process so I would say possibly sometime into September, most likely before the 30th and possibly as early as the end of this month. Sept 30th is the official deadline and they usually send rejection notifications shortly after.

Wait I clicked on both the "View submitted application" and well as the "See NHSC contract signed" and both are correct. I would personally call them just in cas3

That is interesting. So you are positive that it says, “By certifying this document, I verify the following: my program starts on or before September 30, 2018” instead of 2017?

That is interesting. So you are positive that it says, “By certifying this document, I verify the following: my program starts on or before September 30, 2018” instead of 2017?
Oh my apologies! It does say 2017, I thought you were talking about the date printed of when we signed!

Guys, I'm going to be honest. I'm so afraid I'm not gonna end up getting the scholarship in the end. I was afraid of that before, but being a finalist has just raised my hope way higher than I know it should be. I'll be crushed

Guys, I'm going to be honest. I'm so afraid I'm not gonna end up getting the scholarship in the end. I was afraid of that before, but being a finalist has just raised my hope way higher than I know it should be. I'll be crushed

I can sooooo relate to this I’m thinking about this way too much it’s causing me actual anxiety. I want it way too bad. I almost wish I didnt know about the movement in the process and we just found out all a time once one way or the other

Lol Im going to stop thinking about it tbh
If I could I would! Hopefully as time passes, I'll think about it less.
I can sooooo relate to this I’m thinking about this way too much it’s causing me actual anxiety. I want it way too bad. I almost wish I didnt know about the movement in the process and we just found out all a time once one way or the other
Yes! Getting an update is a double edged sword. Like I'm very happy to have made it this far but knowing it's not a done deal. Ughhh.

You are all funny! Thanks for the laugh haha! I feel the same way, just wished it was a done deal. I don’t like this feeling of uncertainty.

I agree with all of you! Both those who get it and those who don't want to move on with their lives and make plans

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else for the finalist EVF form submit one with a stamped signature from your school? I remember the initial verification form had to be hand signed but I don't see anything about this one.

Did anyone else for the finalist EVF form submit one with a stamped signature from your school? I remember the initial verification form had to be hand signed but I don't see anything about this one.

Uhh my school just hand signed it

My school stamped it this time for some reason (in addition to providing a handwritten signature).

Are there any medical students on this thread that are either finalist or 1st time recipients in the process of signing their contract for 2018-2019?

Are there any medical students on this thread that are either finalist or 1st time recipients in the process of signing their contract for 2018-2019?

I’m a first year medical student. Hope to get the 4 year contract from NHSC.

I’m a first year medical student. Hope to get the 4 year contract from NHSC.
Awesome! When were notified that you were a finalist? When you log into your account does it say finalist? I completely forgot that i applied so im just wondering about the application/selection process.

Awesome! When were notified that you were a finalist? When you log into your account does it say finalist? I completely forgot that i applied so im just wondering about the application/selection process.

I got an email last week Wednesday from NHSC, which informed me of an important update in my portal. When I logged in, it said I was a finalist, and I had to turn in some documents. I heard there are multiple finalist rounds, so if you haven’t gotten one, don’t worry. They will be sending out more notifications.

just waiting for that next finalist wave email.... :((

Reactions: 3 users
Got a finalist email at 11AM!!! Check your emails if you're still waiting!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
No email here. Do emails go out Eastern Time?

I got an email last week Wednesday from NHSC, which informed me of an important update in my portal. When I logged in, it said I was a finalist, and I had to turn in some documents. I heard there are multiple finalist rounds, so if you haven’t gotten one, don’t worry. They will be sending out more notifications.
Thanks for the helpful info and congrats on being a finalist!!!

Has anyone heard if somebody last year was selected as a finalist but did not receive the scholarship?

Has anyone heard if somebody last year was selected as a finalist but did not receive the scholarship?
If you read through last years sdn post, yes. There were a couple, I believe.

Edit: I just went back to scroll through to count but I didnt see any? Maybe I'm thinking about the previous year? Or maybe I'm to tired to see properly.

Last edited:

Edit: I just went back to scroll through to count but I didnt see any? Maybe I'm thinking about the previous year? Or maybe I'm to tired to see properly.

It was the previous year!

When I read through it seemed to me that in all years except 2016-2017 all finalists received the scholarship. So all finalists in 2017-2018 received the award. @Jlm50, did you see that some people last year also did not receive it (this year they discussed how the previous year some did not, but no mention in the end of someone in their year who did not)?
I am hoping that 2016-2017 was an exception and not the new standard.

It was the previous year!
I want to know if those finalists who didnt end up getting the scholarship were notified of being a finalist during the first round of notifications or the second.

12 more days approx. Until we may hear back.

When I read through it seemed to me that in all years except 2016-2017 all finalists received the scholarship. So all finalists in 2017-2018 received the award. @Jlm50, did you see that some people last year also did not receive it (this year they discussed how the previous year some did not, but no mention in the end of someone in their year who did not)?
I am hoping that 2016-2017 was an exception and not the new standard.
No, I think I was mixing up my posts. When I just looked after replying to you, I didnt see anything

I want to know if those finalists who didnt end up getting the scholarship were notified of being a finalist during the first round of notifications or the second.

12 more days approx. Until we may hear back.

That's what I'm also thinking, if there's a greater chance of actually receiving the scholarship if you're in the first batch of finalists.

That's what I'm also thinking, if there's a greater chance of actually receiving the scholarship if you're in the first batch of finalists.
Well I am hoping that 2016-2017 was an exception and all the finalists will get it! And the data suggest that year was an outlier!

This year I remember reading in the booklet that the budget is less so there will be less awards rewarded. Maybe they chose less finalists?

Approximately 139 rewards will be made. Last year 181 were made and in 2016- 205 were made

Approximately 139 rewards will be made. Last year 181 were made and in 2016- 205 were made
Yikes. I really hope they chose less finalists to make up for that.

Ugh...how are y’all coping with the suspense? I’m slowly dying inside...

Ugh...how are y’all coping with the suspense? I’m slowly dying inside...
I just let it eat me up inside. Super effective coping mechanism. I imagine my disappointment if I dont get it and having to tell my husband.

Lol kidding, except not really.

I find it therapeutic to talk about nhsc/other stuff on sdn.

I just let it eat me up inside. Super effective coping mechanism. I imagine my disappointment if I dont get it and having to tell my husband.

Lol kidding, except not really.

I find it therapeutic to talk about nhsc/other stuff on sdn.

I fixate on the one, small (probably insignificant) glitch on my app that I mentioned earlier and let it eat away at me and convince myself they’re going to disqualify me because of it hahah so really healthy over here too.

I actually get more anxious when people stop posting here haha. When people talk on here, it passes the time faster and smoother because we are all on the same boat

I actually get more anxious when people stop posting here haha. When people talk on here, it passes the time faster and smoother because we are all on the same boat

I better not develop heart failure or have a heart attack because of this experience. I’ve been pretty anxious haha, and school officially starts this Monday for me. I hope the counter signatures will come this week so I don’t have to think about it too much.

I better not develop heart failure or have a heart attack because of this experience. I’ve been pretty anxious haha, and school officially starts this Monday for me. I hope the counter signatures will come this week so I don’t have to think about it too much.
Oh my God same!! Really hope it comes this week!

That's so exciting! I start next Monday, the 27th. I was wishing it was earlier so my mind would be preoccupied.

Where is everyone going to school?

That's so exciting! I start next Monday, the 27th. I was wishing it was earlier so my mind would be preoccupied.

Where is everyone going to school?

So, I'm not a finalist, but I'm going into my 6th week of school and so far we've had 2 quizzes and 3 exams with another quiz and 3 more exams in the next week in a half...with that said definitely enjoy your first few weeks, but definitely stay on top of things :dead: good luck! You'll be great!

I'm starting orientation week tomorrow as well! :) So nervous right now. But excited to finally be studying dentistry! Also hope the finalist theory is correct and we all get scholarships this year!

I received an email last week stating I'm a finalist. This last Thursday they emailed me requesting a summer verification form ASAP. Anyone else had this happen?

I received an email last week stating I'm a finalist. This last Thursday they emailed me requesting a summer verification form ASAP. Anyone else had this happen?
Did you take summer classes?

I'm not sure what that is, are you taking summer courses?