NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
It’s been about 2 weeks since countersignatures began. I hands down believe they’re finished. Why else would they have a huge two week break when there’s so many left over from the first round finalists? Doesn’t make sense.
It hasn't been 2 weeks since people have gotten an update, people got signatures last Wednesday. Plus they had people resubmit paperwork too, and in previous years they sent signatures out later, and this year we had way more finalists due to covid relief bill so it doesn't make sense to believe they're finished. Plus labor day weekend, there's a short break. Plus someone said there's a 99% chance if you're a finalist you get the contract so just going to be patient.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
It’s been about 2 weeks since countersignatures began. I hands down believe they’re finished. Why else would they have a huge two week break when there’s so many left over from the first round finalists? Doesn’t make sense.
Yeah we don’t need this energy, take it somewhere else.

Reactions: 15 users
I was going to say just a couple days ago someone said they asked them to resubmit a form, why would they need the paperwork if they were done with countersignatures?
It also seems like there weren't very many people that got countersigned so far.....

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to say just a couple days ago someone said they asked them to resubmit a form, why would they need the paperwork if they were done with countersignatures?
It also seems like there weren't very many people that got countersigned so far.....

I agree. Since they have more funding this year, why would they only countersign a small portion of finalists? Going to keep the hope alive until September 30th.

Reactions: 6 users
I agree. Since they have more funding this year, why would they only countersign a small portion of finalists? Going to keep the hope alive until September 30th.
amen!! remember: its not over til its over! keep up the good vibes everyone

Reactions: 6 users
amen!! remember: its not over til its over! keep up the good vibes everyone
Exactly! Good vibes only. It's only the beginning of September, and it takes time to go through each application, review, and sign. And they have to distribute 900 million in additional funding for this year, so this is a bigger task than they have ever had in previous years. It takes time

Reactions: 3 users
Y'all, that's the same joker who said "I was told they're finished" back on August 30th. Ignore them. They're either a troll or just an incredibly negative person. They're not speaking from any legitimate information, just either from their fears, or from their special brand of messed up entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I really hope that all finalists waiting get a countersignature soon. Do not lose hope, it is not over until September 30th !

I was wondering if any successful reapplicants this application round could lend me some advice since will be reapplying next year as a med student?

Firmly agree that we just need to wait it out! You can't have that "doomsday" negative attitude in medicine anyway, it's not sustainable. Saw a quote somewhere (ADA website possibly?) that this is supposed to be the largest class of recipients yet, due to more funding. And with my two cents, I leave another meme.
1630959949978.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Firmly agree that we just need to wait it out! You can't have that "doomsday" negative attitude in medicine anyway, it's not sustainable. Saw a quote somewhere (ADA website possibly?) that this is supposed to be the largest class of recipients yet, due to more funding. And with my two cents, I leave another meme.
View attachment 343068
Love it 😂 yes exactly! Here's the link to the ADA article if anyone is curious: HRSA receives $900 million to support loan repayment, scholarships

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 3.06.38 PM.png

• Care
They're not done! Signed 7:48 this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
Countersigned at 7:43am! First year medical student; no resubmit of paperwork

Last edited:
Countersigned 8:23am! I’m a med student and had to resubmit my paperwork on the 20th

Reactions: 2 users
See they're still releasing signatures. Did anyone get signed today that didn't have to resubmit?

I got countersigned! Is this real life???

• Love
I have not had to resubmit anything and I’m still waiting on a countersignature. Anyone else in the same boat??

It's great news they're releasing more signatures. Looks like with all the finalists it's taking longer than expected so just sit back and relax and we should hear back sometime soon.

Got that sweet countersignature at 7:41 AM. Time to officially update LinkedIn... :rofl:

Edit: FYI: Since I am a 4th year they emailed me last week asking me to submit an EVF specifically for the summer term.

Reactions: 1 user
Countersigned by Jamie King at 7:40am.

First year dental!

Reactions: 1 users
Countersigned at 7:51 am! Second year medical student, submitted on 8/10 with no resubmitted paperwork.

I have not had to resubmit anything and I’m still waiting on a countersignature. Anyone else in the same boat??
Yup same here! It’s reassuring to see more countersignatures but the wait is killing me>.< lol

Do you just download the NHSC contract at the top of the log-in page and the electronic signature will be at the bottom?

Do you just download the NHSC contract at the top of the log-in page and the electronic signature will be at the bottom?
Yep! My status hasn't changed yet and I didn't receive an email but the signature is on the bottom of the contract!

No signature for me yet. I didn’t have to resubmit anything either😭

D1 in AZ, countersigned 9/7 at 7:40am!

Are we confirmed to get the scholarship on the 30th with the countersignature? I started the process for the AF HPSP but I won’t continue if I know I got NHSC.

Countersigned 9/7 7:41. First year dental. Submitted everything 8/10. No resubmit.

D1 in AZ, countersigned 9/7 at 7:40am!

Are we confirmed to get the scholarship on the 30th with the countersignature? I started the process for the AF HPSP but I won’t continue if I know I got NHSC.
Yeah once you get a signature the contract is legally binding

Reactions: 2 users
First year dental student, submitted 8/10 with no resubmits but still no countersig. It's so hard to stay optimistic but I'm trying, it's just so frustrating. It is reassuring to see there are still a lot of us who have no received a countersig, I still believe there is hope for us! 🙏

Reactions: 7 users
First year dental student, submitted 8/10 with no resubmits but still no countersig. It's so hard to stay optimistic but I'm trying, it's just so frustrating. It is reassuring to see there are still a lot of us who have no received a countersig, I still believe there is hope for us! 🙏
You are not alone friend! Same situation here and still hoping for the best! I’m glad people on this thread are continuously updating us who are still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got countersigned today!! Still waiting for one here but wanted to offer some hope. Last year, countersignatures occurred on the following dates based on SDN comments:

1631034327628.png

This year, 2021
1631034371594.png

If they follow the same trend, hopefully we see more countersignatures the next two days. And I even suspect more dates with countersignatures may come up since they're awarding more scholarships this year. Lets keep our heads up until the 30th!

They're just saving the best for last, they just want us to sweat it out so we accept the offer. ;)

Countersigned at 2pm. Had to resubmit paperwork.

So if we got a countersignature, what happens now? Do we wait for an email from them?

First-year dental, submitted 8/13, no re-submissions, still waiting for a countersignature.