NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
First-year dental, submitted 8/13, no re-submissions, still waiting for a countersignature.
Me too, keep up the good vibes :) I think they will keep rolling this entire month because of more funding!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Countersigned!!!!!!!!!! 2:21pm 1st yr dental, no resubmission,
I truly believe we are all going to get this. I'm putting out all the good vibes I have for everyone who has not yet been countersigned!!!

Reactions: 8 users
So, who is still waiting for a counter signature? Like this please !

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish they release all countersigns at one time or at least having specific dates for countersigns. This waiting process killing me :cryi:

Reactions: 4 users
2nd year dental student, no countersignature yet! Hoping for the best for everyone, been lurking a while so I’m just chiming in

Reactions: 7 users
Got that sweet countersignature at 7:41 AM. Time to officially update LinkedIn... :rofl:

Edit: FYI: Since I am a 4th year they emailed me last week asking me to submit an EVF specifically for the summer term.
Jokes aside, is it common to put that you're a NHSC Participant on LinkedIn?

Got that sweet countersignature at 7:41 AM. Time to officially update LinkedIn... :rofl:

Edit: FYI: Since I am a 4th year they emailed me last week asking me to submit an EVF specifically for the summer term.
Jokes aside, is it common for people to put that they're a NHSC participant on their LinkedIn? Asking for a friend 👀

Reactions: 1 user
Signed at 10:32 today! 1st year dental student. No resubmission.

Reactions: 6 users
Countersigned!!!!! 10:25 am. Had to resubmit forms on the 24th 🎉

Members don't see this ad :)
resubmitted on the 23rd and got a counter signature today 9/8 10:32 am

Well there's a scheduled maintenance tomorrow, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for finalists who haven't gotten a counter-signature yet

Well there's a scheduled maintenance tomorrow, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for finalists who haven't gotten a counter-signature yet
It's probably for the portal change for those who received a signature and hopefully means there will be more signatures coming in too.

I haven't received a signature either.

E2C93D52-25CE-45CA-BCBA-6B9425BE4865.jpeg

So cruel to have “NHSC update” as the subject line for an email advertisement hahaha got my hopes up for a sec

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Countersigned!!! 9/7 at 2:21!!! 😭😭

1st Year PA Student
Last name starts with T
Submitted docs with no corrections Aug 9

Hold on to hope everyone, it's coming!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hey!
I signed the contract in early August and had to resubmit the EVF and W4 more recently because the files weren’t working. Can anyone describe what the countersignature looks like so I know what to look out for? Thanks!

Had to resubmit my EVF on Aug 20. Finally got my counter signature today! Praying everyone gets theres soon enough!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey!
I signed the contract in early August and had to resubmit the EVF and W4 more recently because the files weren’t working. Can anyone describe what the countersignature looks like so I know what to look out for? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908-164504_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-164504_Drive.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 136
how long after receiving a countersignature did it take you guys to get an email confirmation and what exactly does the portal change look like? could you post a screenshot?
thanks!

Like this if you still didn’t receive a countersignature today!

Reactions: 16 users
Please don't lose hope, I just got signed today at 1:49 pm. My last name W, was submitted on 8/10, didn't have to resubmit anything. I guess they will release all the countersignatures tomorrow before the mainance. And then, from there ppl who got signed recently will have their status and portal change. That just my guess, good luck everyone. :)

Reactions: 4 users
So I am a first year medical student in Texas and I received the NHSC award and awaiting final review after signing the contract. However, I have been having some second thoughts about the NHSC, since I signed the contract, I can't back down right anymore or is there a leeway time still? Thank you!

Countersigned this morning at 8:53 AM ET!
Didn't have to resubmit anything
Good luck everyone!!

So I am a first year medical student in Texas and I received the NHSC award and awaiting final review after signing the contract. However, I have been having some second thoughts about the NHSC, since I signed the contract, I can't back down right anymore or is there a leeway time still? Thank you!
If you are 100% sure you don’t want to continue, call them ASAP! I think there is a way out before any money is distributed.

what is your hesitation?

Countersigned at 8:52 AM 🥳🥳🥳

Mine still hasn't been signed. Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 5 users
Same😭. hopefully there will be more released today before the maintenance tonight
I’m hopeful…there was one day recently where they signed two separate times! 🤞

Officially got my counter sign!!! D1 in az! It’s coming y’all be patient and manifest! Didn’t have to re-submit. Submitted on august 9.

For those who are still waiting, did ya'll submit the docs close to the deadline? I submit on the 10th at night and have not received a signature as well.

For those who are still waiting, did ya'll submit the docs close to the deadline? I submit on the 10th at night and have not received a signature as well.
I submitted the second day it was open

I submitted the second day it was open
I guess their process is still a mystery. I hope we hear back by the end of the business day! For the past couple of counter signature days, there have been multiple times throughout the day where Jamie was signing off contracts! Hoping for the best!

I submitted mine also on 8/10 at night, got signed yesterday! You got this, Just be a little bit more patient :) :luck:

• Care
Countersigned at 8:54!!! Submitted everything on 8/10. 🙏 Sending good vibes to everyone else! Your signature will be coming soon

Last edited:
Yeah just got countersigned awesome! If you're a finalist chances are you got it stay up folks

• Love
finally got the countersign this morning at 8:55 AM! so happy!

what do we do now though is the question

Praying there’s another round today! I’m so anxious lol

• Care
Praying there’s another round today! I’m so anxious lol
me too! there's still some time left before the end of the business day. If anything, I hope there's another round tomorrow before the weekend!

Seems like there was no additional round in the afternoon today.

For those of us who have not heard back yet, I hope we hear tomorrow! :)

Also, like this post, if you are still waiting for a signature!

Reactions: 6 users
I don't know if this helps. (I'm anxious about this too). But someone I know who was also a finalist submitted their paperwork after me and switched schools in the middle of the process and they were countersigned earlier this week.

It's all a mystery but I'm remaining very hopeful.

• Wow
I don't know if this helps. (I'm anxious about this too). But someone I know who was also a finalist submitted their paperwork after me and switched schools in the middle of the process and they were countersigned earlier this week.

It's all a mystery but I'm remaining very hopeful.
I hope we hear before the weekend starts! I don't want it to drag out too long>.<

For those that got countersigs this week, it looks like our portal just opened up.