1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

nice gift for my PI (mentor)

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by MSc44, Jul 20, 2006.

1. SO i finished my grad degree in molecular bio and i want to get the man that tought me everything i know about moleculer biology somthing real nice to show my appreciation , any thoughts

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lundysd

lundysd Member
    7+ Year Member

If you worked on a particular protein, then you could get her a custom made crystal of your protein from the site below

http://www.bathsheba.com/

Dorky, yes, but personalized and kinda cool

4. MuDPhuDShane

MuDPhuDShane Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Perhaps a book on a subject of his/her interest? My old PI worked on a protein involved in colorectal carcinogeneis, so I bought her a very large, comprehensive, and highly regarded book on colorectal cancer.

Not very personal, but very professional.

Just another thought...

5. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's pretty cool!

6. passion4atcg

passion4atcg Member
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical

what about something NOT science related? like 2 tickets to a show(play, musical, off-broadway production in your town) or a gift certificate for a really nice restaurant.

7. mercaptovizadeh

mercaptovizadeh ἀλώπηξ
    10+ Year Member

I think a book is very classic. It can be literature, or something science related.

If you want to buy tickets (to a game, concert, opera, etc.) it would be good to get in contact with his wife and see what he likes. There's no point in getting him tickets to something he hates.

Also, I don't know what they cost, but there are likely tickets to things like balloon rides, sky diving, and such. If you think he might enjoy something like that, consider that as well.

8. kapMD/PhD

kapMD/PhD T-1 yr
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got my PI a nice pen engraved w/ her name one time. Another thought is a nice laser pointer (get green laser- much easier to watch) w/ engraved name. Just a thought.