M

MSc44

SO i finished my grad degree in molecular bio and i want to get the man that tought me everything i know about moleculer biology somthing real nice to show my appreciation , any thoughts

lundysd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2004
Status
If you worked on a particular protein, then you could get her a custom made crystal of your protein from the site below

http://www.bathsheba.com/

Dorky, yes, but personalized and kinda cool

MuDPhuDShane

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Perhaps a book on a subject of his/her interest? My old PI worked on a protein involved in colorectal carcinogeneis, so I bought her a very large, comprehensive, and highly regarded book on colorectal cancer.

Not very personal, but very professional.

Just another thought...

About the Ads

passion4atcg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
dr.z said:
It's pretty cool!

what about something NOT science related? like 2 tickets to a show(play, musical, off-broadway production in your town) or a gift certificate for a really nice restaurant.

mercaptovizadeh

ἀλώπηξ
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
I think a book is very classic. It can be literature, or something science related.

If you want to buy tickets (to a game, concert, opera, etc.) it would be good to get in contact with his wife and see what he likes. There's no point in getting him tickets to something he hates.

Also, I don't know what they cost, but there are likely tickets to things like balloon rides, sky diving, and such. If you think he might enjoy something like that, consider that as well.

kapMD/PhD

T-1 yr
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2005
PA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I got my PI a nice pen engraved w/ her name one time. Another thought is a nice laser pointer (get green laser- much easier to watch) w/ engraved name. Just a thought.

About the Ads