Night After the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saimabean5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know what most of you guys did after you took the MCAT like did you have any plans to go out?

Members don't see this ad.

We definitely went out and raged 'till the wee hours of the morning. Some of my friends were waiting outside the building where we took the test with shots/beers etc. There were parties galore that night because everybody's friends wanted to throw a party for the poor MCAT dorks who slaved away for a whole semester. After the first few hours, the night is all a blur. You DEFINITELY need to go out and celebrate. YOu've invested too much of yourself to not blow off some steam when its finally over.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went home and had a peaceful evening. I did celebrate all day Sunday. The test works you too much to go out and party. Or maybe I'm just too old...

Andrew

if you're old then i'm old--i couldn't take the thought of doing anything that would involve energy (plus i knew i had done really crappy on it so that's no reason to celebrate) I went home, took a nap, and then went out to dinner--sounds boring but it was so liberating knowing that I didn't have anything to worry about (except for finals in 2 weeks!)

Originally posted by Tideguy:
•We definitely went out and raged 'till the wee hours of the morning. Some of my friends were waiting outside the building where we took the test with shots/beers etc. There were parties galore that night because everybody's friends wanted to throw a party for the poor MCAT dorks who slaved away for a whole semester. After the first few hours, the night is all a blur. You DEFINITELY need to go out and celebrate. YOu've invested too much of yourself to not blow off some steam when its finally over.•

Yeah, that was our plan, but by 11 o'clock I was home in bed. It was a great night of sleep though.

I took last April MCAT. Afterward, I went home and played Age of Empires: The Conquerors on Microsoft's Gaming Zone until 6 am the next day. When seven am came around, I went to work! Like most people, I prepared for the worse coming into the exam. When it ended, I didn't think it was all that bad. Time went by fast. Lunch hour felt like an eternity though. The testing condition was weird. We had a female student who brought her room to the test center. She had a backpack, two of those shopping paper bags that contained things we didn't even want to imagine, and a large black shoulder bag. Through out the test, she kept making strange noises with them bags. I sat at the other side of the room and still could hear her. The people who sat next to her felt it was their worse nightmare. Half way through the test, she was caught "cheating." That felt sad. But other than that, everything was ordinary; reminded me of the SAT way back.

went out to dinner...had lots of sex!!

bong rips...lots and lots of bong rips

Came home and drank lots and lots of cheap wine.

drako are you being serious? i thought you weren't allowed to bring extra things into the test anyway. sounds awful--one of the weirder things i've ever heard. what happened when she was caught cheating? was it a big distraction or did they wait to nab her between sections? i've never heard of anyone cheating on the mcat--what an idiot.

...Yess....fishtolive
went out to dinner...had lots of sex!! I did the same thing ..ohh I was holding it for 2 weeks I couldn't take it anymore and went crazy that nigh :D :D

I went to my college's biggest dive bar at 5:00 PM after the MCAT, with my two study partners, and had some celebratory beers. Then my friend from Brown came and picked me up and we went to Providence and had a nutritious dinner of buffalo wings and Budwesier. We followed this with pitchers and pitchers of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer at Brown's Graduate Center Bar. When my tired eyes could stay open no more (approx. 2:00 AM, EST), my kind friend dragged my ass home to his couch.

The next two weeks were the best feeling on earth. Just knowing that I had studied my ass off, and given it my best shot, and that it was O-V-E-R.

Members don't see this ad :)
I felt unbelievably relaxed after the test. I could've gone for another MCAT. Unfortunately I felt tired during the start of the test and didn't recharge until the PS section.

Anyway, as boring as it sounds, I went home and had dinner, watched T.V., and had a very good night sleep.

Originally posted by saimabean5:
•I just wanted to know what most of you guys did after you took the MCAT like did you have any plans to go out?•

I remember having withdrawals and wanted to pick up an MCAT review book.... Then prayed I didn't have to take it again.... Thank goodness my prayers were answered.... ;)

i went down to the local watering hole, relaxed, took some advil because my head was pounding, had a couple MGD lights, which lead to shots of liquids that i don't recall what they were called, and then i got arrested, but not before i got head in the ladies bathroom. it was another day in the life of disco187.

I took it a community college that was closer to my parent's house (where I studied for the month). Since we had a small group and big tables [2 pluses!] I was done earlier and drove 15 min. to my uni and met up with my study partners. There was this sense of accomplishment on all our faces. It didn't leave for the rest of the night as we hung out with some other friends and played Dreamcast til we fell asleep.

Study your butt off these last two weeks and you will savor and appreciate the night, no matter what you do! :D

oh show me, the way to the next Whiskey Bar
don't ask why
for if we don't find the next Whiskey Bar
I tell ya we must die

I had a Party. I don't remember much of the party. I stopped at the booze store on the way home from the testing center, and was most royally ripped before the first guests arrived. The next week everyone laughed at me because "they'd never seen me drunk before"...well, it's not like I had to drive, right?

Drank and drank and drank and drank and drank and drank.......It was a fun night.

later

Cried, popped Advil, then went straight to Borders Bookstore to pick up the Princeton Review GMAT prep book

oh yeah, and i know this isn't about the night after, but i agree with bluegill...the next few weeks that came were great and in all actuality, they should have been hectic...i had to present my research poster, finish the paper, study for finals, and write some bs sociology paper...instead, i was so relieved i started going to the gym with my buds again, didn't really worry about the other bull****, aced every final, and on top of that, got a few bucks from phi kappa phi for my research...after the mcat, everything is like buttah!

Thanks guys, I just wanted an idea of what im going to do after i take the MCATs (april) i know its early but damn, i need to know what im doing before and after the MCAT. :)

I went straight to work. I pulled a 7 to 7 that night. Two days later, classes started, so I had no time to celebrate.

This is pretty funny...

When I was 17, I went to visit my brother at U-Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He and his buddies went out to bars, so my friend and I were left at their apartment with a case of Old Milwaukee. The apartment next door was filled with juniors and seniors who had just finished the MCAT, partying their asses off.
Soooo... I took the initiative to go introduce myself and invite us in. Since we were 17, the pre-med folks were hesitant to let us in. So I went back to my brother's place and consumed a few more cans of courage.

The next attempt, some reveller let us in. When my brother returned from the bars, he looked in horror as his baby brother was doing a keg stand on the balcony of the pre-med apartment!

I learned young what it means to celebrate the end of the MCAT.

Bluegill is a good person, you wanna know why? because bluegill knows where to party. the great UW-Milwaukee campus! cheers bluegill! :D