night before interview socials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patch_o

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey do you guys think that by not attending these socials, that it will hurt you? I am torn. I have to drive a long way, and would have to get going early just to make it. Is it bad to skip them?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt they will hold that against you. I never went to one of them and did fine on the interview trail.

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't hurt you. It is an opportunity for YOU to find out more about the school and get the real scoop from current students.

It won't hurt you. It is an opportunity for YOU to find out more about the school and get the real scoop from current students.

It will hurt you at JHU. Getting a chance to meet some of the interviewees will give you a slight advantage when you're being "evaluated"...

so what schools have these? I havent heard of any such thing for any of my interviews...

If you're socially ******ed, it would probably be best to avoid these things, as you're bound to do more harm than good. Otherwise, it seems to be your call--if you can make it, it can't hurt. If you can't, from what I hear, no one will hold it against you.

It will hurt you at JHU. Getting a chance to meet some of the interviewees will give you a slight advantage when you're being "evaluated"...

that is not true at all. i've already interviewed at JHU and can say this for a fact.

anyone know what the UTMB night before social is like?

that is not true at all. i've already interviewed at JHU and can say this for a fact.

I didn't say 100% but knowing some people in advance when you arrive the next morning definitely helps. I interviewed there as well.

I hope you weren't that gunner who kept talking about your dad who was a doctor, all his friends at Hopkins, and how you want to be a neurosurgeon...

junebug, you have completed a LOT of secondaries. I applaud you :thumbup: ... I haven't even done 30 and I'm going crazy!