Night-shift Pharmacist positions in Florida? (Job Market Outlook)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ETSUpharmStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to find a Night-Shift Pharmacist position (7 on/7 off) in Florida? What is the market like currently? Any cities in Florida that it would be easier to find a position like this? Do any hospitals in Florida take on nightshift pharmacists without residencies or are there any positions (outside of retail) that would hire a Pharmacist without a residency?

My experience: 2016 Graduate and have been at Walgreens (Just over 1 year). No residency. Very open to any Pharmacist night-shift position in Florida that would be 7 on/7 off.

Any of you living down in Florida - feel free to shed some light on the job market down there, and what cities are overly- saturated...

Members don't see this ad.

How hard is it to find a Night-Shift Pharmacist position (7 on/7 off) in Florida? What is the market like currently? Any cities in Florida that it would be easier to find a position like this? Do any hospitals in Florida take on nightshift pharmacists without residencies or are there any positions (outside of retail) that would hire a Pharmacist without a residency?

My experience: 2016 Graduate and have been at Walgreens (Just over 1 year). No residency. Very open to any Pharmacist night-shift position in Florida that would be 7 on/7 off.

Any of you living down in Florida - feel free to shed some light on the job market down there, and what cities are overly- saturated...

Where in Florida? I could probably point you in the right direction depending on where you live.

You're more likely to get an evening position where you won't be the only pharmacist. Overnight staff needs to have experience, knowledge, and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities. It isn't impossible, but it will be hard to find that without some hospital experience under your belt.

Where in Florida? I could probably point you in the right direction depending on where you live.

You're more likely to get an evening position where you won't be the only pharmacist. Overnight staff needs to have experience, knowledge, and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities. It isn't impossible, but it will be hard to find that without some hospital experience under your belt.

That would be great and much appreciated. I'm currently living in Asheville, NC with a lease that ends May 2018. I really enjoy working in Asheville, but the cost of living is higher than I'd like, and I've seen a lot of very affordable real estate all over Florida. I'm very open to working just about anywhere in Florida (Besides the panhandle) and with a preference to Tampa/Orlando/Jacksonville or the surrounding areas around those cities. I do not have my FL board license yet, but I'm planning on becoming licensed in Florida by Early October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Florida is saturated!

Evenings for us is harder to cover. Shift diff and schedule for night shift is hard to get

That would be great and much appreciated. I'm currently living in Asheville, NC with a lease that ends May 2018. I really enjoy working in Asheville, but the cost of living is higher than I'd like, and I've seen a lot of very affordable real estate all over Florida. I'm very open to working just about anywhere in Florida (Besides the panhandle) and with a preference to Tampa/Orlando/Jacksonville or the surrounding areas around those cities. I do not have my FL board license yet, but I'm planning on becoming licensed in Florida by Early October.
let me know when you are leaving - I love asheville!

Reactions: 1 users

Wow so random that you live in Asheville. I read you roriginal post and I was going to say "Not in FL, but I just saw Mission Hospital in Asheville has a 7on7off night position opening." I just moved back to Florida from Asheville and I miss it a lot. Asheville, and NC in general is a wonderful place to practice pharmacy.

A new Florida Hospital is opening in Apopka. Facebook showed me an ad that they're hiring, but not sure if for a pharmacist specifically.

Memorial always seems to be hiring. They are a large healthcare system in south Broward. You wouldn't be doing yourself and favors with the cost of living, but it's a great area to live in.

Wow so random that you live in Asheville. I read you roriginal post and I was going to say "Not in FL, but I just saw Mission Hospital in Asheville has a 7on7off night position opening." I just moved back to Florida from Asheville and I miss it a lot. Asheville, and NC in general is a wonderful place to practice pharmacy.
asheville is my favorite city in the world, although I have heard mission hospitals is having some financial issues (highest medicaid rate of any major city in NC)