Nightmares!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

centersharpie

Pre-PA
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on, maybe I'm on SDN too much. Lately I've been having these crazy nightmares. The first one I had two nights ago. I was standing outside with a patient that I was familiar with. He had come back to the hospital with more symptoms. It was a little boy, so I told his parents that we were going to have to run some tests, but I thought that it might be encephalitis or meningitis... or something like that I don't know... all I know is that his brain was swelling... I don't know how the boy was able to walk/talk but that was one of the symptoms (i mean its a dream). So after this the boy talks to a resident who happens to be Christina Yang (Sandrah Oh) from Grey's anatomy. She finds me and we argue. She then says that I am an incompetent black doctor and she tells me to leave. :eek: WTF!

Then last night I had another dream. I had a dream that I was taking the MCAT, but it wasn't in a normal test center sitting. Everyone was talking and laughing loudly. I had to exchange seats like three times. The test itself was wierd to. There were questions in spanish, and other questions that didn't make sense at all. Like "Would you prefer cherries or whipped topping on your sundae and why?" LOL. I got tired of taking the test so I got up and took a break. I went to a smoothie place and had to wait almost three hours in line for a strawberry and banana smoothie. I finally get back and most of the people had already left and there was an hour left. So one of the proctors came up to me and was like, your going to have to use your fifth grade notebook for your essay portion. She takes out my fifthgrade notebook and makes a note. I try to finish up as much as I could before handing it in. Almost instantly I got my scores back. I got a 2 in BS a 2 in PS and a 5 in VR :eek:. I don't know how I managed that. I didn't even finish the test. The proctor who gave me my results was like... you probably could of gotten more points if you would have finished the test. I didn't even study for the test.

I think the second nightmare had to be the worst. I am seriously dreading taking the MCAT. I need a killer MCAT to be competitive, my GPA is ok, but everything right now is riding on the MCAT. After having that dream I feel like I should be studying now and not waiting til March. March is when I am taking Kaplan classes.

Do any of you guys have nightmares about the process... if so would you mind sharing them?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had any nightmares about the application process yet, but that isn't too close, but I'm sure I will. I have nightmares about my medical problems though. Lately, I've been having a recurring one about going in to get a cortisone shot (b/c I need one), and they won't give it to me for all of these different reasons :mad:.

Sorry. None here. I think you're having enough nightmares for the both of us.:eek: I enjoyed reading yours, though.

Print out a copy of your post so that you can remember them years from now & get a huge laugh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't had nightmares per se, but I have definitely been having strange dreams about the interview process for the past week (it's seriously been every night this week...I'm thinking I need to stop eating so late :rolleyes:). I don't really remember what happened in them though, just that they were about getting into med school. And that they were weird. I did post one dream I had awhile back in another thread...in that one, I was asked by my interviewer to shampoo my hair...:confused:...

You are having what I call stress dreams. I have had a couple this semester because I took on way to much between all of my classes and 3 part-time jobs. Anyways the wrost of mine was that I was at a swim meet and drown 5 yards before the finish (note: I use to be a competitive swimmer). I remember every single detail but I won't go into it more. I did have a dream after I took the MCAT it was good though. This entire process is LONG. Do what you can to relax before you go to bed and try to take everything one step at a time and nightmares like that should stop.

I've had wedding nightmares where it's my wedding day and I ask someone for my bouquet and they look at me like I have 10 heads and say "Geekchick, what are you talking about? You never hired a florist." AHHHH! I've had at least 2 of those so far. Thankfully, I've contacted a florist and I'll be meeting her at some point in January.

As for the application process, I haven't had any nightmares. I dreamt I got a 37 or 39T on the MCAT, though, which was great. It was incredibly vivid, and I was convinced it was real until I woke up. I was kind of bummed for the rest of the day.

i had a terrible dream the other night. i found out that there was a new rule that to matriculate to medical school you had to take the mcat again and beat the score that they accepted you with. in my dream it was already springtime and i knew that i had to take the test between then and august to start classes and i had not studied since i took it a year earlier. and the cost of the test was increased to $400. :eek:

I found my way to the interviewer's office. He shook my hand and tersely introduced himself. He looked at my file and told me that some of the cadavers in the anatomy labs have risen and asked me to dispose of them; he then handed me a shotgun (Franchi SPAS-12 to be exact).

I walked through the pristine halls and found my way to the first-year's anatomy lab. People hurried past me frantically. I heard moaning and soon found a cadaver shambling around in an examination room. I aimed for the head. After 10-or-so minutes, the whole ordeal was finished. Shotgun in hand, I decided it was time to leave.

As I walked through the automatic doors leading out of the medical school, I heard my cell phone ring. My interviewer called and said, "You're accepted."

Boo-yah!

Then I woke up. This happened to me about a month ago, before I went for my Drexel interview (which was nothing of the sort).

I thought I was the only one. I had another nightmare last night... I seriously don't know why I am having these dreams. Well last night wasn't any different. This time I had a dream where I was starting my first day of shadowing. Everything was fine until all the doctors dissappeared and left all of us inexperienced college students in the hospital to take care of the patients.

We were trying to find a doctor to help with this intensive care patient. I ended up killing the patient, but then I brought him back to life by doing CPR. It was a mixture of scrubs and house. I don't know if my brain is trying to psych me out or what... but these dreams are starting to get to me.