NIH Post-Bac IRTA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fajita22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
My application has been complete for 2 months now and I have contacted virtually every single PI and it seems I can't find a lab that still needs a PI. Does anyone know of any labs that is still looking for a Post-Bac. I'd really appreciate ANY help you could provide. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

fajita22 said:
Hey,
My application has been complete for 2 months now and I have contacted virtually every single PI and it seems I can't find a lab that still needs a PI. Does anyone know of any labs that is still looking for a Post-Bac. I'd really appreciate ANY help you could provide. Thanks guys!

Maybe you'll get something after the summer period. Right now, the labs are flooded with summer students. I can't even walk thru a hall without stepping over on one :(

As for new hires, my lab finished their post bac recruitment in spring. Perhaps as med school waitlist moves, post bac positions will open for you.

fajita22 said:
Hey,

I work at NIH right now. The PI's are usually have either a phD or MD (or both). The most a post-bacc can do is postdoc work. You should ask to be a research assistant first, and then gradually build up to PI.