NJ licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fffcrew

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating in MA but want to choose NJ as my primary state. I completed online application with 125$ fee, however the checklist is confusing. It states : notarized application (I am unable to locate it), internship hours (any form? or just a transcript?). If anyone knows what exactly needs to be submitted to NJ board in order to receive ATT to sit for NAPLEX, please share... Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

NJ was not my primary state but the whole process for me looked like this:
  1. Put in for score transfer to NJ on NABP ($75).
  2. Submitted initial RPh application online at NJ DCA ($125).
  3. Pharm.D. Transcript ordered through school.
  4. Undergrad B.S. Transcript ordered through school.
  5. Copy of NJ DCA checklist (cover) mailed with copy of birth certificate, passport photo, and NJ RPh application payment receipt.
  6. Registered to be able to take NJ MPJE on NABP ($210).
  7. NJ MPJE Eligibility Granted on NABP.
  8. NJ MPJE ATT Received from Pearson Vue.
  9. NJ MPJE Scheduled on Pearson Vue.
  10. Fingerprint cards done at local Police Department.
  11. Mailed fingerprint cards & background check fee ($67.39).
  12. Criminal History Background Check marked completed on NJ DCA checklist.
  13. NJ MPJE Taken.
  14. NJ MPJE Results on NABP.
  15. NJ MPJE Results entered on NJ DCA checklist.
  16. Check for Initial NJ Pharmacist Registration mailed ($140).
  17. NJ Initial Registration Granted.
  18. NJ Wall Certificate Received.
Once you have passed everything you are ready to send in the initial registration fee. They will not send you an invoice. Despite the order on the checklist the fee is required before it goes before the board for approval.

P.S. Remember to send everything certified with postcard return receipt.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
NJ was not my primary state but the whole process for me looked like this:
  1. Put in for score transfer to NJ on NABP ($75).
  2. Submitted initial RPh application online at NJ DCA ($125).
  3. Pharm.D. Transcript ordered through school.
  4. Undergrad B.S. Transcript ordered through school.
  5. Copy of NJ DCA checklist (cover) mailed with copy of birth certificate, passport photo, and NJ RPh application payment receipt.
  6. Registered to be able to take NJ MPJE on NABP ($210).
  7. NJ MPJE Eligibility Granted on NABP.
  8. NJ MPJE ATT Received from Pearson Vue.
  9. NJ MPJE Scheduled on Pearson Vue.
  10. Fingerprint cards done at local Police Department.
  11. Mailed fingerprint cards & background check fee ($67.39).
  12. Criminal History Background Check marked completed on NJ DCA checklist.
  13. NJ MPJE Taken.
  14. NJ MPJE Results on NABP.
  15. NJ MPJE Results entered on NJ DCA checklist.
  16. Check for Initial NJ Pharmacist Registration mailed ($140).
  17. NJ Initial Registration Granted.
  18. NJ Wall Certificate Received.
Once you have passed everything you are ready to send in the initial registration fee. They will not send you an invoice. Despite the order on the checklist the fee is required before it goes before the board for approval.

P.S. Remember to send everything certified with postcard return receipt.

Good Luck!

Thank you!!! So fingerprinting happens after I take and pass exams?
Also, the transcript itself is a proof of internship hours?

So fingerprinting happens after I take and pass exams?
It doesn't have to happen after passing the exams. If you're starting the process now it will probably happen before. If you're post-NAPLEX and doing a quick score transfer and quick NJ MPJE it will probably happen after. The big fingerprinting+background check packet comes from the NJ State Police Bureau of Investigations, not the BOP, so it takes longer to arrive than most correspondence. Do the in person live fingerprinting if you can. If they see that your address is out of state they will mail you the cards, but you get to decide to schedule a live scan or not. The company they use for the live scanning is nationwide, but you can only use a location in New Jersey. You need the state card and the FBI card done and your hands get all ink-ey and have to mail it flat back, and it costs like $2 more for the card scanning over the live scan.
the transcript itself is a proof of internship hours
If you graduated from an ACPE program and your transcript says Pharm.D. under degree you should be in the clear.
This site is a little out of date but it is helpful...
http://pharmacy.rutgers.edu/content/information_licensure_certification_education#7

I am currently working on getting licensed in New Jersey. My last step is getting fingerprinted (and taking the NJ MPJE). I was wondering if anyone knew the timeframe for the paper cards vs the electronic version. I'm taking my MPJE in two weeks (7/24/17) and would like everything to be sorted out by then but the soonest electronic appointment time I can get is next Tuesday (7/18/17, a week before my exam) do you think that's enough time or should I do the paper cards now?

Last edited: