NJ resident 3.98 cGPA 4.0 sGAP 30 MCAT HELP?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fm4045

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am applying to the following schools and would really like your advice on what my chances are.
I am biracial both white and hispanic
cumulative GPA 3.98
science GPA 4.0
30 MCAT: 12 BS 8VR 10PS

List of Schools:
NJMS
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
UCLA
Columbia
Brown
NYMC
Albert Einstein
SUNY downstate
Rowan
U. of Toledo
Wayne State
Mount Sinai
Howard
Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
NYU
Stony Brook
Cornell

Thanks a lot and I wish everyone who is applying the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh I forgot to mention that I am a Biology major, Psych and Chem minor
EC: 3 shadowing... internship at a hospital, tutoring, volunteering, EMT, ambulance duty, oriental dancing

Members don't see this ad :)
Which Hispanic community do you identify with? Language skills? Validation of commitment to service? State of residence is NY?
I am half Chilean
I am fluent in 3 languages and learning the fourth
NJ resident
and I have a lot of patient hours that include all of the above and currently volunteering w/ hospice patients
What do you mean by validation of commitment to service?

I am half Chilean
I am fluent in 3 languages and learning the fourth
NJ resident
and I have a lot of patient hours that include all of the above and currently volunteering w/ hospice patients
What do you mean by validation of commitment to service?
Chilenos are not generally considered under-represented in medicine, your language skills will be appreciated, though. I was inquiring regarding service in order to assess the potential boost it would give if you had been a member of a UIM group.
Given this, I count 11 schools on your list where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. That's usually enough.

Chilenos are not generally considered under-represented in medicine, your language skills will be appreciated, though. I was inquiring regarding service in order to assess the potential boost it would give if you had been a member of a UIM group.
Given this, I count 11 schools on your list where you have a fair to good chance at an interview. That's usually enough.

I am hoping for the best. Eleven is a high number so I hope I will get eleven interviews.
Would you mind telling me which ones in your opinions I have a chance at?
Thank you so much for the help.

I am hoping for the best. Eleven is a high number so I hope I will get eleven interviews.
Would you mind telling me which ones in your opinions I have a chance at?
Thank you so much for the help.
I'm pretty sure you can guess!