SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NJ Residents: RWJ vs. NJMS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by waterdroplet, May 12, 2002.

1. waterdroplet

waterdroplet New Member

May 1, 2002
    NJ
    Does anyone know anything about these 2 schools? I'm applying this summer as a NJ resident and I'd like to become a little more informed... I know jumping the gun a bit... but b/c of monetary reasons I'm pretty sure I'm going to one of these 2 schools if I get in. Is one more competative than the other (People have told me that RWJ is)? Has anybody been rejected from one or waitlisted from one and accepted into the other?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. megkudos

megkudos Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Jersey
    Hi:)
    I was accepted to both schools this year and I've decided to attend NJ Med. It was a really hard decision though. I just like the school atmosphere and the clinical experience of Newark. Robert Wood is "ranked" for primary care. Dr. Sieden, a dean of admissions at Robert Wood said that 3 out of 4 students chose Robert Wood over NJMS last year. I suspect this has to do partly with the location of New Brunswick being a safer/nicer than Newark. Do a search on the schools, this topic has been discussed some before. Feel free to PM if you have any questions :) It's good to start getting info early. Try to talk to as many students as you can and you'll get a feel for both schools at your interviews. Good luck :)