NJMS Admissions Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. i just was wondering if anyone knew anything about how NJMS works in terms of screening applications.

i'm a resident of NJ. I was complete awhile ago back in september, but I believe they were waiting for my August scores. I had also taken the April MCAT.

EDIT:
Does anyone know the turnaround time for the August MCATers? I'm getting very nervous because NJMS is a rolling admissions school.

Members don't see this ad.

theunderdog said:
hey guys. i just was wondering if anyone knew anything about how NJMS works in terms of screening applications.

i'm a resident of NJ. I was complete awhile ago back in september, but I believe they were waiting for my August scores. I had also taken the April MCAT.

EDIT:
Does anyone know the turnaround time for the August MCATers? I'm getting very nervous because NJMS is a rolling admissions school.

I am sure you will hear something soon. I am an April MCATer and only recently interviewed (Oct 20th). Good luck! :luck:

beponychick said:
I am sure you will hear something soon. I am an April MCATer and only recently interviewed (Oct 20th). Good luck! :luck:

Congrats on your interview!

To the OP: the august MCATers are starting to get interviewed now, you should hear within the next couple of weeks :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
zahque said:
i was complete at both UDMNJ schools as of around 9/21. curiously, i've heard nothing from NJMS but have been invited to interview at RWJ already. go figure.

wow, congrats on RWJ. I have interviewed at NJMS, but still no work from Robert Wood. And I have been complete there since JULY! :eek:

wow. i haven't heard back from either school.

is it possible that they looked at us already and then put us on the side?

or if they dont like us, they will reject immediately?

theunderdog said:
wow. i haven't heard back from either school.

is it possible that they looked at us already and then put us on the side?

or if they dont like us, they will reject immediately?

Are you an August MCATer? If you are not, then yes, they have looked at our applications already and put them aside. I am sure RWJ looked at mine already. But I am still hopefuly. I interviewed at RWJ in early february two years ago but was waitlisted. I think some people did get accepted that interviewed that late. good luck!