NJMS getting late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roca88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
roca88 said:
Hi,

Does anybody know about disparity in how long it takes them to get back after the interview? I know people who interviewed around when I did (early November) who heard in mostly 2 weeks or in one case on Thanksgiving, which was about 3 weeks after, and I have still not heard from them. Called the office and they said "6-8 weeks" but I'm wondering why these other people have all heard so quickly. Does applying to a dual degree program make the decision take longer, because I also did that. Are they delaying a waitlist/rejection or do I really still have a chance? Information from ppl who go there or may know something about the process would be appreciated. Thanks.

All you NJMS need to keep the faith. I heard that Dr. Henirich likes to call right before thanksgiving in a previous post, so I bet that he likes to play Santa and call right before xmas too :)

It seems like, as with a lot of schools, it depends somewhat on your interviewer turning in documentation. Early November was only 4 weeks ago or so (I interviewed on the 10th), so I am thinking that we shouldn't worry too much. What's more, I bet everything is slowed by at least a week because of thanksgiving, and maybe they did a lot of interviews in November. Here's hoping no news doesn't mean bad news!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed with the dean of admissions at robert wood johnson seven weeks ago and have still not heard while some people interviewed about two weeks ago have already heard, makes me worry.

My acceptance took over eight weeks to come from robert wood. They said it took long bc they are trying to go paperless. Might be true bc my interviewer didnt have my app bc he didnt know how to use the online program.
-mike

In interviewed at RWJ yesterday and my reviewer already handed in my report (heard from secretary)...so i should be hearing soon... argh. :scared:

In interviewed at RWJ yesterday and my reviewer already handed in my report (heard from admissions officer)...so i should be hearing soon... argh. :scared:

they have admissions meetings every other thurs; good luck. is that ur top choice?
-mike

thorg12 said:
they have admissions meetings every other thurs; good luck. is that ur top choice?
-mike

which thursday, cuz i interviewed there a few weeks ago and someone who interviewed on the same day as me got their phone call last thursday. So did they meet last thursday or will they meet today ?

I'm also worried, but I called them up and they said my app hadn't yet been reviewed by the committee, so hopefully that's a good thing.

thorg12 said:
-mike

definitely one of my top choices. i really liked it there. :)

I'm not sure which thursday it is now bc of thanksgiving...you can simply call and ask if today is meeting day. if u get in they call u around 7 on thursday or early fri morning if the meeting runs late. They are really honest when u call up and they tell whether or not the committee has met about ur app. On another note my best friend is applying but is an out-of-stater. Has anyone been offered interviews from out of state yet? I kinda feel bad that were taking over a njms thread but...
-mike