Njms - Help!! I Am Freaking Out!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys and girls...

NJMS is my TOP CHOICE school and i heard that the school fills up completely by january. in fact, the luncheon for accepted students is confirmed for JAN 6 already!!

my interview is on the last day of november. i will get a decision in 4 to 6 weeks... but its december... when NJMS closes in like mid-JUNE!! AHH!!

does that mean i'll get waitlisted or rejected??????

HELP PLEASE!

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

theunderdog said:
hey guys and girls...

NJMS is my TOP CHOICE school and i heard that the school fills up completely by january. in fact, the luncheon for accepted students is confirmed for JAN 6 already!!

my interview is on the last day of november. i will get a decision in 4 to 6 weeks... but its december... when NJMS closes in like mid-JUNE!! AHH!!

does that mean i'll get waitlisted or rejected??????

HELP PLEASE!

thanks.[/QUOTE

just concentrate on doing well at the interview. i think 4-6 is the general time but since it is getting toward the end they might get back to you sooner. even if you make waitlist people will drop out. so even if you dont make it to lunch you might still be having dinner :)

Members don't see this ad :)
zahque said:
at least you have an interview - i haven't heard anything from them. i already interviewed at RWJ for chrissakes. not a peep out of NJMS.

at least you have an interview too. i haven't heard a peep out of RWJ.

what are your stats and are u an august mcater?

Theunderdog - Hopefully my story will help you relax a little: I had taken my MCAT in august and my AMCAS was complete by the end of august. NJMS finally sent me the invite for an interview in december ( I believe it was December 8th). By December 20/21st I had gotten the call from Heinrich. So yes the class will mostly be determined by january but they get most of their work done in november/december. So hopefully you can be put at ease until after that. Good luck on the interview

i guess this would not make you feel better, but i called the admissions office today to check on my status. when i told her i interviewed in october, she said that i should expect a decision 6-8 weeks post interview (not 4-6 which i initially thought). I am already going on my 5th week and not a word. But people that interviewed on the same day as me found out two weeks later. I think it varies alot. So you may very well find out before the luncheon, or not. Just focus on your interview and dont worry about when you will hear. There is nothing you can do now anyways. Good luck.

4 Ever said:
Theunderdog - Hopefully my story will help you relax a little: I had taken my MCAT in august and my AMCAS was complete by the end of august. NJMS finally sent me the invite for an interview in december ( I believe it was December 8th). By December 20/21st I had gotten the call from Heinrich. So yes the class will mostly be determined by january but they get most of their work done in november/december. So hopefully you can be put at ease until after that. Good luck on the interview

thanks a lot. i got my invite in early november... but i had to interview after thanksgiving, since they're not interviewing that holday week....

that relaxes me.. thanks.

They'll probably make a decision about you two weeks after your interview. At that time, I doubt the class will be close to being full, so you dont need to worry about not having a slot open for your acceptance.

Good luck in your interview :)