NJMS - Random E-mail from Dr. Heinrich?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorFred

intensive carer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so, i got an email today from dr. heinrich about two students who co-authored an article. it seems like a mass-market e-mail, but it took me by surprise because this is the only piece of correspondence i've received from NJMS since i submitted my application more than a month ago - never even got a complete notice! so is there any significance to being the recipient of this e-mail, or did every soul who applied to NJMS get the same, complete or not, interviewed or not, accepted or not?

Members don't see this ad.

zahque said:
so, i got an email today from dr. heinrich about two students who co-authored an article. it seems like a mass-market e-mail, but it took me by surprise because this is the only piece of correspondence i've received from NJMS since i submitted my application more than a month ago - never even got a complete notice! so is there any significance to being the recipient of this e-mail, or did every soul who applied to NJMS get the same, complete or not, interviewed or not, accepted or not?

Me too. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean anything other than they have your e-mail address.

You know, if they want to sell me on their school, they should just invite me for an interview. That would impress me a lot more than this. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hrm.. i didnt get the email!!! I feel left out

ha - i got that e-mail too. i got all excited cause, it started with "I'm delighted..." bummer!

BMW M3 said:
Hrm.. i didnt get the email!!! I feel left out

Allow me to post it for you, in its entirety:

NJMS News:

I am delighted to share with you that two current NJMS students are co-authors of an article which has been accepted for publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. These two students worked with the senior author, Dr. Pranela Rameshwar, when they were in her laboratory through the summer cancer program and became Howard Hughes Fellows. This is an example of the research opportunities at NJMS.

George F. Heinrich, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions and Special Programs
New Jersey Medical School
phone: 973-972-6088
fax: 973-972-7986
[email protected]

hahah yup yup, I deleted it right away :)

Yeah, I received that same mail eventhough I've beeen invited for interview. I guess it doesn't mean anything.

if u sent in ur secondary...u will probably get emails like that

I didn't even send in my secondary, they just love me I guess.

i got this email too. this is the only email i got from them since the secondary app email.

Is it such a big deal that they published something??? Makes me worry a little....

tacrum43 said:
You know, if they want to sell me on their school, they should just invite me for an interview. That would impress me a lot more than this. :)

I definitly second this. I still havent gotten an invite, but I'm from PA and I thought I read that they do NJ residents first (Complete since Aug though).

I actually signed on here to post about this. I felt like they were saying "Hey, check out how special we are, but you'll never know b/c you're not getting an interview, chump" :)

Stop by my house and kick my cat why you're at it. :laugh:

daviddamoore said:
Is it such a big deal that they published something??? Makes me worry a little....

Yeah I feel the same way. I mean as a med school student, i expect to get something published just as i expect to be involved in some kind of research project...
weird

getting published is not as easy as you think. It's actually very lucky that the two individuals even got onto a publication considering they only worked there for the summer. Usually the best you can expect from that type of work is an abstract and the stipend that you get. So yeah its a big deal to get published

Hey guys! Hang in there with NJMS!!! Just got my acceptance call! Yippee!

taddpole said:
Hey guys! Hang in there with NJMS!!! Just got my acceptance call! Yippee!

That is very good news for you (and congrats by the way), but we're just a bunch of out-of-staters waiting around for pre-interview rejection. Or at least I am.