njms rejection - not much hope left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorFred

intensive carer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
received the alternate list letter today (aka rejection) from njms. i am now basically clinging to post-interview limbo at rwj (and if njms rejected me, i'm not sure what chance i really have there) and the waitlist at albany. anyone else get this letter today?

i'm more or less done for this cycle and will now likely be a reapplicant. life is not good. it's going to be pretty awful going through another year of this nonsense.

Members don't see this ad.

i got waitlisted to njms and accepted to rwj. if you haven't heard back from rwj, you definitely still have a chance. don't lose hope just yet.

Hi Zahque,
I sympathize. This is the time when you need to stay composed. Update schools with good news and stay positive. I am sure that your continued positive persistence to be a physician will pull through. I am also post-limbo at RWJ and I received a competitive applicant letter. It is my top choice at this point and I too feel the pressure. With a little luck we may be classmates in the fall :) Too brighter days my friend ...

zahque said:
received the alternate list letter today (aka rejection) from njms. i am now basically clinging to post-interview limbo at rwj (and if njms rejected me, i'm not sure what chance i really have there) and the waitlist at albany. anyone else get this letter today?

i'm more or less done for this cycle and will now likely be a reapplicant. life is not good. it's going to be pretty awful going through another year of this nonsense.

Members don't see this ad :)
NehsNairb said:
i got waitlisted to njms and accepted to rwj. if you haven't heard back from rwj, you definitely still have a chance. don't lose hope just yet.

I too was waitlisted at NJMS and accepted to RWJ. Good luck!!!

well, this has just been the greatest week. was just told over the phone that i am rejected at robert wood johnson and the letter is in the mail. yippee, something to look forward to in the mailbox.

Don't worry about it too much. I was accepted pretty quickly at NJMS but after looooong weeks from my interview at RWJMS was waitlisted. One school's decision does not really affect the other's. So hang in there.

Hi there
I received my post interview rejection from NJMS today, not even a freaking waitlist! So I know how you feel.
I do have one other acceptance but NJMS was my 1st choice by far. I really truly hope you get into RWJ or some other school. Good luck! I hate this process.

Sheesh folks read the date of the posts. I remember that Zahque guy getting accepted off of Albany's waitlist late into the summer - that was a pretty big day on SDN.