Njms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camisho

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey is it true that Dr. Heinrich will tend to call students for acceptances around or on holidays? I know he does a bunch on Christmas Eve, so I'm wondering (and hoping) Valentine's day might be a special day too...I interviewed 12 weeks ago and still no response...any thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I dont think valentines day is gonna make a difference one way or another.

I think the class is full

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid I called the office and was told that this is not true. The class is not yet full. I haven't heard 12 weeks post-interview when they normally give 6-8...they have "not made a decision yet." I am asking what this might mean. Feel free to ignore this post or respond with a decent answer or guess.

you're in the SMP, right? my guess is maybe they're waiting on some more grades. i'd just keep them updated and hope for the best. good luck!

camisho said:
I'm afraid I called the office and was told that this is not true. The class is not yet full. I haven't heard 12 weeks post-interview when they normally give 6-8...they have "not made a decision yet." I am asking what this might mean. Feel free to ignore this post or respond with a decent answer or guess.

I interviewed this last tues but was supposed to interview in early jan. (they sent it to the wrong email). I made sure if I was going to pay to fly there that there was still a chance to get into the class... they said there was. If you have not heard back I would assume they are going to interview the last few people till the end of feb. When they are done they will look at us as a pool and decide what to do. That is my guess. That being said I had the worst interview ever and dont have a chance :(

Coco, I sent the SMP grades in like mid-January, and I know of people who have gotten interviews and even waitlists since then. So, I don't think they're waiting for grades at this point...they would have waitlisted me by now with the grades I pulled I feel...I guess they're pooling together the last few February people...but I interviewed in NOVEMBER...so why wait so long?

njms has waitlisted most everyone thats still waiting. so if you haven't heard anything yet, that probably means they don't want to waitlist you, at least not yet, and there must be a reason for that. its likely they are waiting to hand out some last couple spots, or they've already decided they're gonna offer you a spot and they're just waiting for a few more people to decline acceptances. it has to be something like that, because the easy thing would be to just waitlist you if they weren't interested, which is what they've done to most of us. at least thats my theory.

for the most part its all speculation. some of us have talked to dr. h, but even for the people that have already been accepted, no one on here really knows what the deal is, and some people are shooting from the hip, spouting off theories like they're an expert or and adcom member because they've been accepted already. don't take it personally, no one really has a clue whats going on.

hmm... yes, that is strange. the mysterious workings of admissions offices... maybe they were holding off til they got the grades, which got in right around the time some people say the class was filled (though i know they've said otherwise). so maybe now they're just waiting to see if some spots open up. like bobodr said, maybe for the last few spots they have, they'd like to see the rest of the candidates before they make offers. i'd say that would put you in a "we'd like to admit this person" group and they're just waiting to make sure the numbers work out... otherwise, they would've told you already for a wait list/rejection. good luck! i'm waiting to hear from them too, but just from early jan.

Coco are you in the SMP too? g'luck

im no expert..but..anyone who was at the luncheon can verify that Dr. H said that they usually end the process by mid feb, but this year they are going to end earlier. what i mean when i say the class is probably full is that they have accepted the number they can accept...now they have to wait for people to decline their offer so they can accept more people...which means for the most part one shouldnt expect to hear soon. on a better note..one of my friends went to meet Dr. H last week and he told her that of they really like the applicant...they are willing to make a spot for that candidate. If i hurt anyones feeling or made them feel sad ...sorry bout tat.

o ya...there are a couple of spots open...cuz they have a program with Rutgers for post bacc students called linkage. This is where the students can take the MCAT is april and enter in the same year...like someone would take April 2005 mcat and if the score is good they matriculate august 2005.

camisho said:

Sorry you don't see it as "decent" if it doesn't please you. I said i "think" the class is full, take it or leave it.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry bgreet i wasn't taking a shot at you...simma down now

let me say thank you to all who replied to my question and put aside this petty squabbling. I was just curious about my particular situation is all. I feel it is a bit strange and out of the norm, which is why I'm wondering if you guys might be able to help me figure it out. I am clueless, so almost anything you say helps me. we're going to be doctors after all...let's start acting a little more professional ;)

camisho said:
let me say thank you to all who replied to my question and put aside this petty squabbling. I was just curious about my particular situation is all. I feel it is a bit strange and out of the norm, which is why I'm wondering if you guys might be able to help me figure it out. I am clueless, so almost anything you say helps me. we're going to be doctors after all...let's start acting a little more professional ;)

btw..did u apply to RWJ?

drguy22 said:
btw..did u apply to RWJ?

yeah, im curious, how many people out there only heard back from 1 of the schools? i only interviewed at njms, haven't heard anything from RWJ. i know a good amount of people heard back from both. whats the deal?

yea haven't heard a thing from RWJ...what's up guys

camisho said:
yea haven't heard a thing from RWJ...what's up guys

for those that didnt hear...when did u apply? and when did u take ur MCAT? that mite be the clue as to why u guys arent hearing anything yet.

camisho said:

standing in the admissions office about 6 hours before I got my acceptance phone call they told me the same thing - "no decision has been made yet"
(clearly it had been made several days earlier)
I think that's just what they're supposed to say to everyone who asks.

PublicEnemy said:
yeah, im curious, how many people out there only heard back from 1 of the schools? i only interviewed at njms, haven't heard anything from RWJ. i know a good amount of people heard back from both. whats the deal?

well I interviewed at NJMS back in September, but didn't get an invite to RWJ until a few weeks ago- the interview is 2/15 - both of these schools interviewed, waitlisted, and rejected me last year. Go figure.

i interviewed at njms in november and then again in january and found out this past week that im on their waiting list. :(
i interviewed at rwj in january and havent heard anything since. :(
no love from umdnj for me. :thumbdown:

I took the MCAT over a year ago and applied in June of this cycle...still nothing.

camisho said:
Coco are you in the SMP too? g'luck

yep, i'm in the smp too. thanks! good luck to you too! hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

camisho said:
Hey is it true that Dr. Heinrich will tend to call students for acceptances around or on holidays? I know he does a bunch on Christmas Eve, so I'm wondering (and hoping) Valentine's day might be a special day too...I interviewed 12 weeks ago and still no response...any thoughts

I'm currently a 4th year. I interviewed in Jan or Feb. I didn't get the call until July. Don't worry and be patient! Even if the class is full now people will drop out as they get other acceptances. I know nobody wants to hear they might have to wait, but sometimes that's the way its gotta be.

While I was waiting, I sent him emails and called the admissions office (not too often, but every 2-3 weeks or so). Dr. H told me that my persistence was viewed favorably by the admissions committee.

hey all--
i'm also in the same situation, i interviewed with NJMS in October and was waitlisted but have yet to here from Robert Wood. I was an april MCATer so I know time isn't an issue in this situation. I have also seen that RWJ has started sending out pre-interview rejections but I have yet to receive one of those as well. I don't know what's going on but I'm glad I'm not the only one. Good Luck to you guys!

Hey guys...if the class is full or at least nearly full...how much waitlist movement can we expect in June? I know people say that not too much waitlist movement occurs, but I was wondering how much we're talking. Also, if they're saying the class is full, how many people do you think they've accepted? Far in excess of the number of seats, or just a bit more than that number? Thanks!

I do apologize for bringing up these issues again since they have been discussed somewhat...but I was wondering if anyone had any new takes on it...I see some posters who I haven't seen before on this thread :)

I applied to both NJMS and RWJ...app was complete by early October, interviewed at NJMS in late October, got accepted in early-mid November to NJMS....hadnt heard from RWJ at all until last week, when I got the rejection letter, kinda weird....not that I care that much b/c I would have went to NJMS anyway :smuggrin:

I got on the waitlist for NJMS really early last cycle in 2003 (maybe in October or November) and never got off it....Dr. Heinrich told me I was very high on the waitlist, but that there was not much movement off the waitlist last cycle. Im not sure why, maybe they had fewer withdrawals during the summer than expected, as well as the higher # of applicants the past year. Dont mean to crush anyone's hopes, but that's just what happened to me. I obviously reapplied during this cycle and was accepted, and Im so glad I have this year off, it was a blessing in disguise not getting in last cycle. Dont give up there's always hope, good luck everyone!!

good luck camisho!!! hope to see you in the Fall