1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NJSOM Orientation this friday......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by applying, Apr 3, 2002.

1. applying

applying Member
    7+ Year Member

i can't make it b/c i go to school too far away, but i am really disappointed. is anyone else going to it?? am i going to really be out of the loop if i end up going to NJSOM and not go to this orientation? please respond, anyone!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Naraku

Naraku Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Don't worry about it. You'll have plenty of time to bond with your classmates come July. :)

The orientation is useful if you're looking for an apartment, but other than that, you're really not missing that much. Many of the accepted students (like you) can't attend, and quite a few who do attend the orientation end up going to different schools.

Because I have nothing better to do with my life, I just looked at the picture they took at us at the orientation for 2004. Of the 48 people in the picture, about 36 are now my classmates. There are about 80 people (give or take a few) in my class now. Quite of few of them weren't even accepted at the time of the orientation. I don't think that anyone missed out on a life-changing experience by not attending, but you never know. :)

Bests,
    Paige

Cornell University '00
    UMDNJ-SOM '04

4. applying

applying Member
    7+ Year Member

that makes me feel a lot better!! does everyone meet eachother in july at the orientation then, or are there other events??

5. slipslap

slipslap Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I will be attending in July, but I can't this Friday because of work. I called the admissions office and they are sending me all of the info from the meeting through the mail. I think it may just be more housing info, which will be useful because I have no idea where I'm going to live. I can't wait to meet everyone this summer!

6. Notorious D.O.C.

7+ Year Member

I also can't make it on Friday..but they're gonna hook me up with some info in the mail.

7. Naraku

Naraku Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't think that there are any other planned events, but the students attending the summer program will get to know each other then, and some people may meet up before orientation starts.

Orientation is three days of getting-to-know-you type events, panel discussions, and informational sessions. (And free food- enjoy it while you can. Actually, enjoy it while you can still stand the sight of the pizza... we get _lots_ of pizza.) It'll all sort itself out by then... it always does.

Paige

Cornell University '00
    UMDNJ-SOM '04