'No Acceptances Yet' Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well...I'm glad that my tough face:mad: has inspired some folks to come out of the closet. I have to say that the NAY club is pretty lucky, we have had many graduates. I just need to get on that luck a train myself, and bring a few of the new folks with me!

Good luck CHL

Members don't see this ad.

Snoop D O double gizzle is fo shizzle gonna join this clizzle my poor MD wann bizzles. Does it make anyone else sick to read posts like, " I have been accepted to Harvard, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins, and just can't decide. What a dilemma." Anyways, I think I should just go ahead and get a lifetime membership for this club. I had been on three waitlists, until today, when I actually got kicked off the waitlist at wayne!!! How does that happen???? Was I not good enough at waiting or what??? Good luck to everyone else.

SnoopDoc,

How did you hear that you were kicked off the waitlist at Wayne? Did they send you a letter or did you call or something?

Members don't see this ad :)
wow! SnoopDoc--i have been thinking the EXACT same thing...
"boo-frickin-hoo, woe is me.... i've been accepted to 3 top 25 schools, and but i'm really holding out for Harvard b/c i'm on high priority waiting list. oh and btw, did i mention that i applied to 15 schools and managed to get 19 interviews? i did. and my state school is giving me a free ride. where did i go wrong?"

alright--enough bitterness. i'm just so happy someone else voiced it... i thought i was the only one who was getting perturbed!

on a separate note--i'm sorry to hear about Wayne kicking you off. try not to take it personally. i'm originally from Michigan and from what i hear, the admissions process at Wayne is pretty whack. get this: i interviewed at UMich and couldn't even manage to get a secondary from Wayne.... they rejected me way back on Sept 9. go figure?

something will work out! keep on trucking, everyone!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
(i'm still sitting pretty on 3 WLs. argh :confused:)

none of this crap makes sense.....i was accepted last year and was unable to defer, so applied again only to be waitlisted at the previously offering acceptance school, and rejected pre-interview at a school that I was waitlisted at......NOTE TO EVERYONE IN THIS CLUB......please, please , PLEASE !!!! : Learn from my foolish mistake, and if accepted to medical school, GO, GO, GO !!!! Now I am stuck in waitlist hell, but I'm gonna keep it positive regardless. :)

I'm just following the music on in to join the party here. :D
sp, did you notice that someone dropped their acceptance to MCO a couple days ago on that thread? Have faith, we're one spot closer to the top. :clap:

JZ, i did notice that (re: MCO)... cheers to you for having a such a positive attitude. i'm slowly hitting my boiling point, as you can tell by some of my previous posts ;)

but thanks for the words of encouragement...
right back at ya, kiddo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

good luck with the waitlists everybody! I feel your pain. I've been on hold, then in waitlist hell for what seems like an eternity already! I check my mailbox everyday like a crazy person! I really hope to hear something soon! I'll cross my fingers for everybody!

Hang in there, guys! I know it sucks, but your time will come. :)

So, can I join???

I am on two waitlists (Meharry & UT- Memphis), and just praying for that glorious acceptance.

Good luck to everyone!! Stay hopeful!

I know I have asked this before, but are you all going to re-apply before you her anything, or are you all going to wait to find out?

Take care & thanks for sharing the love!:)

Hang in there everyone. There is lots of time left. Good luck!!

just keeping this thread alive! hope everyone has a great weekend...filled with lots of acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I thought I'd post on the first weekday of June to say congrats to all those who have graduated our nice little club here in the last week. I was on vacation :D :D in sunny Cali last week, where i forgot about WLs for a while...but I am back.
So, to all of us still chillin in the club: welcome to the new members who joined us last week and hang in there for the next month, remember June is prime WL-movement season!!!!
Still waiting on 5.

Spin:D :D

welcome back e-spin. don't worry...you still have company....but hopefully, not for long as we'll all be leaving! good luck this week!

so, i recently came off the Tufts waitlist, so i'm relieved (no offense) at not being in the club anymore, so i just wanted to send you guys my support and a small word of advice for anyone who's on the Tulane waitlist...

last week (before i got got my Tufts acceptance) i went to new orleans and met with Pisano about my position on the waitlist. i recommend to everyone who really, really wants to go to Tulane to do the same!

from my talk with pisano, i basically understood their waitlist to just be a big pile of applications, and whoever they seem to have on top gets the next acceptance...so go in, tell him how much you love the school, and what a unique experience you will bring to the class, and i'm sure he will look favorably upon you. tulane is my first choice, and so i flew from new york to new orleans for the meeting to tell him that. all in all, it went well, and he told me that he would move me up on the waitlist (or in tulane's case, to the top of the stack). it's no guarantee, but i left the meeting feeling very, very secure about getting in.

i know it's extreme, but extreme circumstances call for extreme measures, so definitely consider it.

anyhow, good luck guys! i'm rootin for ya

Hey, just wanted to say that Im in the same boat. WL at two schools (Jeff and PENN) with very little hope at this point. I guess theres still time. I just want to get in so I can quit this damn research job. Research is good for the application bad for the soul. :(

i hear you mouseman!

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that Jefferson wont be letting anyone off the WL until the April MCATS are in. I guess they have a lot of conditional acceptances to look over and getting a 27 on the MCAT is one of the conditions. Who do you have to have sex with to get one of these conditional acceptances anyway? :mad:

If sex was the only thing that you had to do to get into med school...there would be a lot more knocked up MS1's!!

:laugh:

I'll toss mt hat into the ring. I'm on 2 WL (Creighton and Loyola) and I'm hoping to grab the brass ring.

Glad to see lots of folks have jumped ship! I'm on 2 not so hopeful waitlists, so have started up the process a 2nd time.

What's the fee to renew membership in this club, btw (in addition to the 3K I'll shell out to aamc & schools)? :D

there will be an interview for those wishing to continue their participation in this club. interviewees must of course wear hunter green

jm,

I'm afraid that folks that have left the club must only participate in an advisory and support role. It's in the by-laws. Although, I think that hunter green recommendation is excellent. :D :D :D

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I was advising! :D

my bad. It sounded like you still wanted to run things.

Originally posted by jmwalker
there will be an interview for those wishing to continue their participation in this club. interviewees must of course wear hunter green
Wow, does that mean you don't screen for interviews? ;)

No they only screen for secondaries. If you get a secondary, chances are pretty good of making the club.

ECU Med 07

Originally posted by Mouseman
[Research is good for the application bad for the soul. :(

I know it's not relevant to the thread, but I just had second this emotion...good luck guys---keep the faith

Peace~Doc

OK.

Didn't it say somewhere in the bylaws that all former members had to stand in a circle wearing hunter green suits and chant for those of us still in the club? Says it right there: chapter 6, page 2.

We're waiting...

:)

Still here clutching my rabbit's foot.

loo

I rescued the club from one of the back pages!!
I am still here in the club....waiting....waiting....waiting.
Just thought I'd send out good wishes to all those who are in the WL hell with me!!!!!

Spin:D :D :D

Oh yea...still ridin' that train...not high on cocaine. But I have found that other substances significantly reduce my stress level.;)

yep... same here, sittin around, waiting for that waitlist to move...
let_it_all_out.gif

Good luck to you all!

So is everyone still calling and sending letters? I think I gave up on the calling thing. Letters are the way to go. :oops: :eek: :confused:

Hey you guys! Hang in there, your time will come. Just keep writing those letters and sending e-mails of interest and good things will happen. It worked for me. Good luck!

still a card-carrying member of this club!!!
another week full of new prospects....

hang in there everyone!!!! :D :D

still hangin' in.............

good luck to all members!! There is still a lot of time left.

woohoo! joining the club.. seven waitlists and no acceptances yet.

welcome bobert...as I say to all new members: may your stay be short and sweet!!!!
Cheers!
Spin:D :D

Hey,

I think I will joing in. I have been accepted at one school (nice but really not close to my top choice) and I am on 4 other waitlists.

Kinda bumming on the whole thing and do not know how to approach things, but here is the plan:

1- Sending a LOR which includes my updated activities to Pritzker, also scheduled a phone interview with the Dean (LOR by a Pritzker alumni)

2- Sending above LOR to UCSD and UCLA (not to Baylor since they told me their waitlist rank is fixed).

3- One of my LOR writers (very supportive) is placing a call in my behalf to UCSD.

4- Two LOR writers making calls at UCLA.

5- Sending one letter of intent.

Comments?

And that is that. It really sucks that in spite of having made one cut at the schools I really would be exceited to attend I have a good chance of not getting any of them. Damn!

But let's try and stay positive!

DrDRE

Of my 6 waitlists, 4 are moving...and it is almost mid-June.

I was so bummed today I visited the AMCAS site and started to look over my application to reapply. I closed it, but I can feel trauma...:(

OK, so I am exaggerating a bit, but those darn committees are playing God with our lives. I cannot take it anymore...another day and no news. Good luck to all; I am now the Vice President, since our Founding Father is off drinking again...THAT is not the way to cope.;)

Originally posted by Lab-Rat21
Good luck to all; I am now the Vice President, since our Founding Father is off drinking again...THAT is not the way to cope.;)

Anyone have his number...i've been looking for a good drinking buddy to wallow with....
I feel you lab-rat, I too may go nuts. To add to the mess, my boyfriend finally got a job offer today, but is in a firm 3 hours away. As if I need the extra stress of having my BF move out, finding a new apartment that will let me rent month to month, so that if I do happen to get into medical school I can leave on a moments notice. I don't think the admin comittees are playing god, they are playing the devil himself!

Originally posted by DrDRE

I think I will joing in. I have been accepted at one school (nice but really not close to my top choice) and I am on 4 other waitlists.

Dr. Dre, I don't think you meet the qualifications to be in this club. An acceptance is an acceptance, even if its at the worst medical school.

Lab-Rat21, hang in there. Being on 6 waitlists is very much in your favor and since 4 of them are moving, there is a good chance that at least one of them is approaching your name on the list. I'm predicting an acceptance within the next month because the chances are really on your side.

Hey DrDre,

That's alot of help from your LOR people! We have a Committee Letter which means that everyone you take classes with fills out a standard form evaluation and then that's basically it. So if you want anything else from the profs you're on your own - and they're not too happy being bothered by annoying premeds, even ones as fabulous as me ... :D

I have no idea who I would ask in that situation

Good luck everyone! Things should really be moving for you guys soon!

i'm still part of this club, too.

is anyone else really tired of waiting and starting to lose hope?

good luck to everyone this week!!!!!!!!!! i've got my fingers and toes crossed...

Hi,

Another new member . . . . ME. I'm on a waitlist but have basically lost hope on that so looks like I will be a permanent member.

welcome to the club... hope your stay is short :)