'No Acceptances Yet' Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi koala_me, glad to see you've found a home with us. don't give up hope, that goes against the most important word in our club - no acceptances yet !;)

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys, i thought i would pop in and say good luck. hopefully theres a lot of movement this month for all of you.

hello all--
this waiting is driving me crazy. i'm starting to lose hope, i was supposed to know some news TWO WEEKS AGO, now i've been told to sit tight and wait it out. i have no idea if this means that i'm on a waitlist or what! :mad: just thought i would vent a little! thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys - things are moving!

geez, after my first interview ended up in a post-interview rejection back in january (and it was my state school), they sent me a letter today and i was all interested, wondering what it was. why did they go and send me a second rejection letter. i think i got the idea the first time *pausing for the knife to twist a little deeper in my gut*....lol, anyways, things are still moving i hear. i'm about to start writing another round of letters...

Red_bull, Who told you to sit back and wait it out? That sounds like a crappy thing for an adcom to tell you. Im thinking about sending my WL schools hate mail. I wonder if hate mail looks good in your folder.

hmmmmm.......it would certainly catch the committee's attention....

....for those of you still waiting don't give up hope...
I'm happy to say I have my first acceptance this morning from NYMC....this forum has kept me sane ... thank you all and wish everyone the very best....
:) :)

CONGRAT's almondjoy!!:clap: :clap:

Wow, it's been a while since anything positive has been posted on this thread...thanks for putting us back on the right track!

Good luck at NYMC!!

HOLY COW!!! ALMOND JOY!!! WOOOO-freaking-HOOOOO!!! I am so happy for you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations! Way to hang in there!! I'll tell my roommate you got in, she'll be happy to hear the good news!

Are you gonna hold onto Upstate or Drexel WLs still?? Just wonderin if we could still be classmates!!!!

Way to go!!
Spin:D :D

congratulations almondjoy...you bring hope to the rest of us!!! go out and celebrate!

congratulations almondjoy!!!!:clap: :clap:

thanks everyone :oops: :oops:
I never thought I'd get in -I'm a non-traditional applicant with very mediocre grades very little health care exp and no research...
e-spin- I 'll PM you.....

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS ALMONDJOY!

Congrats Almondjoy!!!!!!!

I've decided to join this club for some greatly needed support and to provide some to everyone still waiting for the one tunnel glimmer of light. I hope that I'll have an acceptance soon from Tufts. Waiting definitely sucks but has to be done. 3 months more of waiting is definitely pulling the straight jacket straps tighter by the minute. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats almondjoy!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats Almondjoy! Feels good doesn't it?:D

yay!!!!!! congrats almondjoy! another member kicked outta here! :clap: :clap: :clap:
it's about time this club got more exclusive :D hang in there everybody!

i also have no acceptances and 2 waitlists that i am hoping come through. if not i really have little to no idea of what i should do next. what are the rest of you guys going to do during the summer?

it's great to see all the former members checking in and offering their support and congratulations....thanks guys!!!

glad you haven't forgotten us!

still hanging in there...

. . . . . still waiting . . . . sigh. Time to start planning for next year cause it doesn't look like this is goin to work out :( This waitlist is just another torture filled long ass rejection....just to toy with your emotions and string you along like a puppet.

( not that ) sadly, divinemsm will be rescinding her membership in this club........found out a few hours ago that Meharry Medical College has accepted me into the first year class ! Remember, if I can do it, all of you guys can ! I was accepted last year, and didn't go, but GOD is truly great.....through him, all things are possible. Keep the faith ! It is still early enough that lots can happen between now and the beginning of your respective schools! xoxoxo
divinemsm

congratulations divinemsm!!!!! i'm so happy for you. i knew it would work out. so when are you going to start making plans to move down to tenn??:clap:

Thanks lilnix ! I'm still kinda numb ( but in a good way ) I totally broke out into a crying fit last nite 'cause I had lost my mailbox key.....oh, the awful, awful stress...( y'all know the feeling, I'm sure ). I will probably move at July's end......HANG IN THERE......you guys have multiple lists on which you sit, so the odds are that you will be in school. TRUST ME.....A SIGNIFICANT amount of people gain entry via the waitlists...there's a lot of time left !

Congrats divinemsm!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its sweet to see this club getting smaller and smaller. Its mid-June so there is time for more waitlist movement. I hope that those still waiting get some news soon.

Glad to see that people are having to rescind their membership left and right. Keep em coming!! Good luck to everyone!

... congrats divinemsm....
good luck at Meharry....:clap: :clap:

Thank you everyone, for the well wishes...it means alot :)

Congrats divinemsm! Are you waiting on any other schools?

So heres a question for all of you out there. Does anyone know if theres any truth to some schools calling you and if you dont pick up, they call the next person on the list? I would kill myself if I knew that I missed out on med school because I was on the shi*er or something. Any thoughts?:confused:clap: :clap:

I CANT F-ing BELIEVE IT!!! I got into Wayne State!!!!! My first acceptance after 3 tries!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Thanks for all the support in this terribly painful and long process... for those left in the club you time will come!!! Hang in there!!!

e-spin!!!!!!! you are the woman !!!!!!!!Congratulations ma-ma !!!!
It's about time !!!!:clap: :) :clap:

oh yeah...mouseman....don't worry about missing phone calls......last year when I was accepted the admissions director called me for a week straight, and I never got back to him.....the official letter soon followed, so it was ok. I assume this would be the case at other institutions. Your letter(s)/phone call( s) are coming !:)

Oh wow, e-spin! Congratulations! You've been a great member to this club. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations also going out to divinemsm!

For the rest of us still waiting...I think there is still hope!

Have you guys started reapplying even though youre on waitlists or are you waiting until youre taken off all of them?

YAY!!! e-spin, I know that the waiting was tough, but it all seems worth it now, right? Congratulations! :clap: :clap:

congrats e-spin, there's good news everyday around here:clap:

Hey e-spin!

Way to go! I've been watching you go thru this entire process for the past couple of months and I'm really excited to see that you're finally acheiving your dream!

You must be feeling like a million dollars! Hoist a couple this weekend in celebration! Your story gives me hope, too!

Rock on.

Congrats E-spin...now get the hell out of here, and don't spill your cocktail on the way out:clap: :clap:

Congrats divinemsm and espin! What great news. Particullarly on a friday! Go party it up!

Congrats Espin.....Wayne State!!!!!! And oh yeah divine....Meharry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good job guys!

ECU Med 07

Congrats e-spin!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This year has been great so far with so many of us SDNer's getting off waitlists. I don't remember it being this good last year. I hope that all those still waiting will hear something soon.

Hey e-spin, way to go, thats really great!!!!! I'm happy for you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

any recent news??

E-spin, congrats...I, too, have been fortunate enough to have my membership revoked from this club...I got off
of the Drexel waitlist last week. Best of luck to everyone!

it's been a long time coming, but lilnix is finally revoking her membership also. drexel finally told me that they wanted me! i didn't get in off the waitlist though, can you believe this is the first they've contacted me since the interview? goes to show those late interviews aren't too bad after all! anyways...YAY:clap:

Congrats CoolHand and Lilnix!!!! Woohoo!!! The NAYC is shrinking everyday!! Best of luck to All!!!!