'No Acceptances Yet' Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS lab-rat and cchieb:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

Members don't see this ad.

lab rat, with all those waitlists you were on I knew that it was just a matter of time before one of them came through. Congratulations! So are you withdrawing all the other waitlists now or are you holding out for one of the other schools?

CCHeib, congrats on USC!! It's a great school and all the people I've met from there love it. Good luck with the apartment hunting.

U r the prez after all.

I am praying for u next man! U applied twice right...this is your time. Email your interviewers, lose all fear and it can happen.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
*phew*

I can't believe that it's been over 5 months since I started this thread. Even though it's starting to drift off into the wasteland of old and obselete threads, I needed to revive it just one last time to let you guys know that I got the call from UCI earlier today and that I will actually be going to med school this fall. Thanks for the encouragement from you guys (esp. uclaman, manic, moskeeto, labrat, shayla, jwalst, cchieb, sweet tea (our former V.P. :)) and whoever else I'm forgetting). This long nightmare is finally over.

I know there are lot of people out there who are still waiting for their first acceptance, and I have to tell you guys that the harder you have to work to get that acceptance, the sweeter it is when it finally arrives. I was starting to make plans to work as an emt and eventually reapply (for my 3rd time) next year with a stronger application. Thankfully, I don't have to go through that, but I feel for all of you who are going through, or will have to go through, the reapplication process. Good luck to all of you guys!

:D (<---first time I've felt like using this in about 4 months)

Yay!!!! Congrats on your acceptance!:clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats to CCHieb's... i noticed your posts on the usc threads and now you're in. great job, best of luck there!

congrats to cipher on getting into a UC after such a long wait. best of luck to you as well!

Congrats Cipher, CChieb and Lab rat!

I got the call from SUNY Buffalo Friday morning. I agree with Cipher, the longer you wait the sweeter it is! I'm glad to see that many of us are getting called off the waitlist. Good luck to anyone that is still waiting.

congrats, Cipher!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

still waiting here in Jersey and I've actually started filling out the AMCAS again.

CONGRATS CIPHER!!!!! Ah....how sweet the feeling must be. ;)

Congrats to the rest of the people getting pulled off of waitlists.

CIPHER!!!!! I am about as excited for you as I was when I got my call!!! And at a UC...you Rock!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree that the wait made me REALLY know how much I wanted it...and at least it didn't give us time to stress about the fact that we are going to be going back to school in the next 3 weeks!!

I am so proud of you, and v. glad that you can now give up your position as el presidente...And on a sappy note, I have to say that this thread really kept me going during the hard times.

Thanks for it all, and I guess might be seeing you around LA...I will look for you big yellow head! :laugh: :laugh:

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats soooo awesome.

"We regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond his control, the president, founder, and long-time member of the NAY club will be leaving to pursue his dreams in the fall."

congrats cipher and cchieb's, its been a long time coming. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hmmmm, i wonder if my withdrawal from UCI yesterday has anything to do with this timely acceptance. that'd be awesome. it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats cchieb, cipher and everyone who's gotten in recently!!! i'm so excited for everyone. for those still waiting, as you can see, lists are still moving so there's still time. once again, congratulations:cool:

so am i the only one waiting up in here?
we're coming down to the wire, folks, but we've still got about a month left!

cheers!

I'm still waiting for my state schools in NJ to give me their final decisions... I really want to go... So I'm still waiting too.

Right there with ya, brothers and sisters. ;)

I think I'm the only one in this club that won't be getting into med school this year. My trip up to MA this week to see a particular Dean of Admissions was quite a letdown.:(

lakun

I must retreat to my cave and nurse my wounds. Never fear though, this tiger will rise again!!!

Hey we're sorry to hear that Lakun.:( What happened?

hang in there, lakun! you are on multiple waitlists, right? what's going on at all of your schools? just keep showing your interest and don't give up until the very end. you might get the call the day before orientation. we are rooting for you and everyone else!

lakun, I'm currently on two waitlists and no word yet! What cave are you in, I'm gonna join you.

lakun, trubluwolv, mystichealer, nrddct, hang in there! now's the time to make the frequent phone calls and make sure that you're name is remembered. i just got off a waitlist this weekend and i know that dean must have been tired of my phone calls. there's still time. sorry about your trip up to mass. lakun. i'm glad you're not letting it get you down though! like cocoabutter said, we're rooting for all of you!

I'm waitlisted at Tufts, BU, Meharry and Drexel but have pretty much written off the last two. Both Meharry and Drexel have admissions personnel that are pretty inaccessible and sometimes rude. Also, Meharry is just plain disorganized which frustrates the hell out of me. So, I've tried focusing on the others. I still have hopes of getting into BU and have steadily been sending e-mails to the Dean and my interviewer. I also arranged to see the Dean last week. From what I garnered the class is currently full but there could potentially be a few openings late in the summer which generally happens every year. The waitlist isn't ranked so that could be good or bad versus what angle your looking from. The dean said though that he had some worries about my app which have probably held me from getting initially accepted....so that was what I was pretty much bummed out about. Other than that, I was happy to have the chance to see him... even if the visit made me want to go there even more.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, cocoabutter and lilnix.

Oh, and lilnix last time I heard you were going to Drexel? I know you really wanted to go to NJMS--Congrats!!!:clap: :cool:

Helllooo?

Anyone get in yet? Lakun, Trubluwolf?

I haven't checked in a while...

I hope you have received good news or are actively reapplying...I reapplied from 2001...

is there any recent news?:confused:

lakun,
when you call meharry, ask for deborah davis instead of mr. mosley. whenever i called he'd be "back in an hour." very frustrating. ms. davis is really nice and was extremely helpful. good luck!!

still here! no acceptances yet :rolleyes:
but thanks for inquiring about me and my status!
makes me feel loved!

LAKUN!!! counting on you for better news... what's the good word?

hey guys,

in need of some support! i was waitlisted at Drew, UCLA, UCI, and was accepted to Western U. Drew and UCLA both started orientatin this week and so i think my only chance is UCI! I would love to go these state schools cause its sooo much cheaper! I dont mind going to Western, but damn is it expensive! Does anyone know if there's been any movement yet at UCI? I talked with the dean there and she says my chance for an acceptance isnt a "longshot" and that there is still a lot of time left before they start (aug 27)...

Any advice for a frustrated alternate?

I'm still here, guys. No accept yet but I'm keeping positive. If I don't get in anywhere I'm going to put off re-applying until next year and work on my "weaknesses".

As soon as I find out anything I'll let you all know.

lakun