No BS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmor702

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to OSU-COM, but I do not have a BS, only 95 hours of college credit, including the prerequisites. My GPA is 3.71 with a 4.0 science. My MCAT was 9.7. I'm still hanging on the wait list after most have been cut from it.

I am enrolling at OSU-Tulsa to continue to work on my BS in chemistry, and take upper level courses, while waiting for acceptance into OSU-COM.

I would like to know what others think of my circumstances and chances. While I will be reapplying next month, are there other schools I should apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep.
There are 18 more schools worth applying to - there are on the AOA site. Consider your state MD schools also.
Good luck
--Nicolas--
WesternU'03

OSU seems to be getting more selective every year. However, a significant number of its students within recent years share your situation. Many went to OSU as an undergrad and were accepted before completing their BS.

When you applied, were you an in-state applicant? That makes a huge difference. Also, since you may be attending OSU-Tulsa next semester, make every effort to shadow an alumnus of OSU-COM in your spare time. Almost every DO in the area has some connection to OSU-COM. Use that fact to your advantage.