No clue on this disease!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anhpro141

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dad has had this disease from very long time, he went to a lot of hospitals and cabin to find the cure but it's hopeless. Could any one please tell me what this is? Thank you
p/s: This happens every day and his 2 foot is always in this condition, no matter how much vaseline or lotion he uses. Sometimes, it bleeds in a huge crack with some little skin peeled away.
22662704_1645972882136031_539126832_o.jpg
22662704_1645972882136031_539126832_o.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 22690038_1645972878802698_856173874_o.jpg
    22690038_1645972878802698_856173874_o.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
My dad has had this disease from very long time, he went to a lot of hospitals and cabin to find the cure but it's hopeless. Could any one please tell me what this is? Thank you
p/s: This happens every day and his 2 foot is always in this condition, no matter how much vaseline or lotion he uses. Sometimes, it bleeds in a huge crack with some little skin peeled away.
View attachment 224590 View attachment 224590
Not for personal medical advice. Go to another more knowledgeable doctor.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
(Not professional medical advice) but it looks like contact dermatitis, eczama or niacin deficiency. As an interim solution, I'd remove all pressure and keep the area exposed to air for 2 weeks to let the skin to rebound and strengthen. Clean the area and apply a light coat of triple antibiotic on any open, non-deep wound. A balanced diet, lots of hydration (no alcohol), a daily OTC multivitamin supplement and up to 30 minutes of direct sunlight to help with the skin's natural chemistry and reformation. He ultimately needs to spend less time on his legs for the time being. A prosthetist can be consulted to fix the issue with the fitting, if any.

(Not professional medical advice) but it looks like contact dermatitis, eczama or niacin deficiency. As an interim solution, I'd remove all pressure and keep the area exposed to air for 2 weeks to let the skin to rebound and strengthen. Clean the area and apply a light coat of triple antibiotic on any open, non-deep wound. A balanced diet, lots of hydration (no alcohol), a daily OTC multivitamin supplement and up to 30 minutes of direct sunlight to help with the skin's natural chemistry and reformation. He ultimately needs to spend less time on his legs for the time being. A prosthetist can be consulted to fix the issue with the fitting, if any.
Your disclaimer does not relieve you of the responsibility to follow the terms of service. The above is clearly offering medical advice.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.