No confidence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel like I could score anything on this test. I have absolutely no confidence in how i'll do:( This sucks!

Members don't see this ad.

At least your scores aren't getting progressively worse like mine are. I go down a point or two with every test I take. At this rate I should be in the teens by test day.

Members don't see this ad :)
dont worry about negative trends. its not cuz you're "losing knowledge" or getting dummer. its cuz its hard to sit 5 hours by yourself on a PRACTICE test and it takes more focus to concentrate with each PRACTICE test, since u know it doesnt mean much...just make sure u come ready to kick a$$ on saturday.

jhk43 said:
dont worry about negative trends. its not cuz you're "losing knowledge" or getting dummer. its cuz its hard to sit 5 hours by yourself on a PRACTICE test and it takes more focus to concentrate with each PRACTICE test, since u know it doesnt mean much...just make sure u come ready to kick a$$ on saturday.

This is true, I dont think I can handle anymore practice tests. I am just over them. I find myself reading something and going "oh, who the hell cares"

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry too much this next week. I took the MCAT's last year, and I, too, didn't feel ready for them. I don't think anyone does. It's hard to feel ready when there's so much material and so many other activities and school work to worry about. I took several practice exams through Kaplan, and only once did I actually finish the PS section before the time was up. If it makes you feel any better, my actual scores were several points higher than any of the practice exams I took. Also, don't panic on the day of the test. I remember thinking that I completely blew the bio section. I felt like every question I was able to narrow it down to two answers, and then had to guess. I didn't feel confident about any of my answers. I seriously thought I was going to get a 6 on it. Surprisingly, it ended up being my top score. Anyways, again, try to relax this week, even go out a little bit or do something to take your mind off of it (i went out the Thursday before the test). GOOD LUCK! Just think, this time next week you'll be done! :clap:

Cerberus said:
This is true, I dont think I can handle anymore practice tests. I am just over them. I find myself reading something and going "oh, who the hell cares"
Come on Cerb cheer up man...... u have doing so good so far ....... well don't take anymore practice tests (you already know the format and you can pace yourself ...... thats all the practice tests are for) ....... just build on your confidence by going through PS books .... don't read in deapth ..... just brush the topics........

I hope it was helpful man .......... all the best and RELAX

I also seem to have a downward trend in my practice scores. Not exactly encouraging.