1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

No Cosigner!!!

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by Hardtime, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Hardtime

hello everyone,

i am an international student who has got admission into a dental school in the US. i don't know any one here who can act as a cosigner :scared:!!! hw can I then manage to get a loan of such enormity from a bank in US?

would I end up loosing my hard earned seat:( just for money?? please guys ny suggestion would be appreciated!

regards....
    Hard time

2. enzosz

enzosz Licensed to drill
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    try to find money at your home country buddy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chiz2kul

chiz2kul t.roll.ed for Banning
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I know how it feels buddy. Keep lookin around for...a cosigner, and some very few, hard to find but special loans that do not require a cosigner. Plus u can ask the fin aid dept at ur school...
    Good luck.

4. OP
    OP
    Hardtime

thanks enzosz and chiz2kul!....i agree with u but this is a lot of money....i wouldn't be able to get such a big loan from my home country (india).....n chiz2kul do you know any loans that are available without a cosigner? can u send me the links if u know of any?
    thanks

5. Ibanez

Ibanez Hai Ya!
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    '

I second that!

The percentage of interest rate has increased almost everywhere in the world. In India, where I come from, at most the amount a person can get as an education loan is Rs. 20-25 lacs. The most part of the Advanced Standing program's tuition and misc. fees still is left unaided. The rest of it has to be paid from your family's financial assets, or you can apply for loan against property. Later option will have you in an ocean full of stress, with rate of interest applicable from the day you get the loan sanctioned.

Since the real estate is in status quo or rather on a downstream mode, the better way, I feel, is to sell some property rather than applying for any loan against property.

Well anyone who decides on a such a career path is presumed to analyse and make arrangements before he/she can go forth with that path. You must have thought of any back-up plans before?

I have heard there's still atleast a 100 billion dollars worth treasure still to be found... Be on a look-out. :thumbup:

Good Luck,
    M.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 Ibanez, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008