No Credit for Organic Chemistry II & Post-Bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eternaloptimist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I just got my fall semester grades and discovered I had received "no credit" for orgo part II. The reasons are many, but the consequences as of yet are unclear. The pro is that at my university, "no credits" disappear as if they never happened on your transcript. So I could hypothetically perhaps just enter a post-bacc program without ever having to mention this major blooper.

But, I am wondering if the fact that I have taken pretty much all other science requirements (one more bio next semester) would raise a red flag? Plus, I would not mind (honestly) retaking orgo part I (I got a C) and doing the both of them together.

I havent broken the news to my college premedical advisor yet---I'm dreading what he will say. But, I still maintain that I can do much better and there are always multiple paths to the same place.

If anyone has any words of wisdom about the retaking of science requirements/post-bacc programs...please share.

Members don't see this ad.

As a standard guideline all pre-req classes in which you receive a grade lower than a B should be repeated.

Good luck

eternaloptimist said:
Long story short, I just got my fall semester grades and discovered I had received "no credit" for orgo part II. The reasons are many, but the consequences as of yet are unclear. The pro is that at my university, "no credits" disappear as if they never happened on your transcript. So I could hypothetically perhaps just enter a post-bacc program without ever having to mention this major blooper.

But, I am wondering if the fact that I have taken pretty much all other science requirements (one more bio next semester) would raise a red flag? Plus, I would not mind (honestly) retaking orgo part I (I got a C) and doing the both of them together.

I havent broken the news to my college premedical advisor yet---I'm dreading what he will say. But, I still maintain that I can do much better and there are always multiple paths to the same place.

If anyone has any words of wisdom about the retaking of science requirements/post-bacc programs...please share.

are you saying you got an F? because I know at most places if you get an F you have earned 0 credit hours. You HAVE to list every course you have ever taken, if you don't they may find out and you will be worse off than if you just repeat the course and accept your reasons for your first poor performance. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noeljan said:
are you saying you got an F? because I know at most places if you get an F you have earned 0 credit hours. You HAVE to list every course you have ever taken, if you don't they may find out and you will be worse off than if you just repeat the course and accept your reasons for your first poor performance. good luck.

at my university we dont give out Fs. we're on an A/B/C-No Credit system. So, I'm not exactly sure how it will work with applications because on the transcript it will not appear--not the course name, nor the "No Credit". I guess Ill just have to clarify with my premed dean.

ok but basically it seems to be the equivalent of failing. I personally don't think it is fair not to list it, because then basically people who got a C are worse off than people who earned no credit? Also, most people who do get a D or an F don't have the option of just not listing it because their schools don't "erase" non passing grades. I just don't see how you could not list it, because there has to be some record of you taking the course. I don't know if I were you I would list it and retake, plus it would look really strange that you took organic 2 before organic 1 then took organic 1 then retook 2. They might think something is up. Either way, good luck