No DDS. No NBDE. What's next for International Dentists in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shivaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No DDS. No NBDE. What's next for International Dentists in USA?

Members don't see this ad.

"its true no dds no nbde only licensing exam for foreign trained dentist in usa from 2015 onwardss',

Members don't see this ad :)
"its true no dds no nbde only licensing exam for foreign trained dentist in usa from 2015 onwardss',

u mean international dentist dont need to go college, they can practice directly? can u explain.

csn someone please give the source of this news..or explain in detail..

Laughable...

Shivaa wants to get rid of the competition!

:p

Reactions: 1 user
This entire process of getting in to the school is emotionally, physically and mentally draining. I no longer know...what should be taken easy.... pranks are the last thing we want right now...

So funny!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

People like shiva and deep should be banned from SDN. Lets all mark there comments as spam and hopefully SDN does something with these immature people who make up false forums.

Last edited:
people like shiva and deep should be banned from sdn. Lets all mark there comments as spam and hopefully sdn does something with these immature people.

informo chederthino wedinado accomanchiyer wnachi ocheyi hunertici waki yoki terumatews doerthemov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh cmon guys..stop bashing Shivaa..I think he/she just wants to enquire what are the options if he/she does not want to do NBDE/ DDS..
You can do a ton of things...go for a 2 yr dental hygiene program, MHA/MBA program (GRE required), get into a dental masters program few of which do not need NBDE, get into research, teach dental assistants or hygienists....etc.
Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
This forum is entitled "International Dental". What is it about the forum that you find "completely false"?

No DDS NO NBDE. What's next for international dentist? ... This is not true. I guess your not a international dentist because you obviously aren't understanding what I'm trying to say.

No DDS NO NBDE. What's next for international dentist? ... This is not true. I guess your not a international dentist because you obviously aren't understanding what I'm trying to say.

You are correct: I am not an international dentist. I am familiar with medical and dental training in the US and familiar with this forum, having been a member here for nearly 13 years.

The OP is simply asking what are the other options for an dentist trained outside of this country, to work in the US, if he doesn't not want to undertake DDS training here or pass the NBDE here. It is a valid question.

I am afraid that I and the other staff members do not see the trolling you claim is occurring. Perhaps you are misunderstanding the question the OP is asking.

Please show us specifically what you think is "false" and "not true". Are you stating that the OP is claiming that to practice in the US no DDS degree or NBDE testing is required?

Last edited:
You are correct: I am not an international dentist. I am familiar with medical and dental training in the US and familiar with this forum, having been a member here for nearly 13 years.

The OP is simply asking what are the other options for an dentist trained outside of this country, to work in the US, if he doesn't not want to undertake DDS training here or pass the NBDE here. It is a valid question.

I am afraid that I and the other staff members do not see the trolling you claim is occurring. Perhaps you are misunderstanding the question the OP is asking.

Please show us specifically what you think is "false" and "not true". Are you stating that the OP is claiming that to practice in the US no DDS degree or NBDE testing is required?

I meant the thread my mistake. As you can see other members have commented that this thread is misleading as well. I understand completely what the thread is saying. It's trying to say that international dentist cannot pursue DDS or take the nbde which is misleading.

You r right winged scapula, actually swt2th misunderstood what they are asking and i dont see any problem on that but by calling other colegues / fellows " immature " is not good since each person here have the right to express his or her thoughts or doubts and its our responsibility to check it correct or not by research, hope this helps

I meant the thread my mistake. As you can see other members have commented that this thread is misleading as well. I understand completely what the thread is saying. It's trying to say that international dentist cannot pursue DDS or take the nbde which is misleading.

Ahh...I can see how it would be interpreted that way.

Typically when threads are posted with potentially inaccurate information, the users will moderate it themselves by pointing out the inaccuracies, just as has been done here.

Since Shivaa has not come back to clarify his meaning, we have to assume that no harm was intended on his part. Only when a user willfully misleads others by posting inaccurate information does SDN staff take action. Thus, still no TOS violation.

Ahh...I can see how it would be interpreted that way.

Typically when threads are posted with potentially inaccurate information, the users will moderate it themselves by pointing out the inaccuracies, just as has been done here.

Since Shivaa has not come back to clarify his meaning, we have to assume that no harm was intended on his part. Only when a user willfully misleads others by posting inaccurate information does SDN staff take action. Thus, still no TOS violation.

As you say

As you say

Its not really "as <I> say (or wish) but rather there has been no obvious Terms of Service violation here so no administrative action needs to be taken.

Allowing users to self-moderate the forums with staff stepping in as need be has been the key to SDN success all these 14 years.

hello shiva are you nuts?dont mislead my friend ,just let our friends struggle for the common goal

Hi ALL
I just wanted to know the options for international dentists in US other than DDS. If you see my other posts as well that's the only thing I am trying to get. Help me guys if you can. Don't make this an issue.
Thanks in Advance.

You are eligible to write the hygiene board exams in Florida. With that you can be a practicing hygienist.

No DDS. No NBDE. What's next for International Dentists in USA?

One of my friends said - Ask yourself a question- Can you sing? Can you act? Are you good at any sports? etc If dentistry is the only thing you are good at it then why to think about something else?