No DO's in my area!!! What are my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by cocoNUT, Apr 27, 2000.

1. cocoNUT

cocoNUT Member

I am very interested in applying to osteopathic school

1) b/c of the philosophy and focus
    2) b/c my numbers aren't really stellar
    (3.3 and 22Q)

I will be retaking the MCATs in August to improve my score. Currently, I am working as a Medical Tech in a hospital laboratory.

I am aware that some schools require rec's from a DO, but there are no DOs here on GUAM, a US territory (except for a radiologist... and I am not interested in radiology).

Any suggestions? I would also appreciate any input on my chances.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member

Hafa Adai!! [​IMG]

Its defintely a small world to run into a fellow Guam resident on this message board!! How cool!! [​IMG]

I am currently a second year medical student attending WesternU/COMP & am also from Guam!! I also used to work at GMH lab back in the day! E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to chat about specifics. I am pretty sure I know which radiologist you are talking about & at the time he helped me tremendously. Hope this helps!!! [​IMG] Talk to you soon!

Rob
    WesternU/COMP MS II

[This message has been edited by Future DOc (edited 04-27-2000).]

4. Scarlet

Scarlet Junior Member

I think that if that radiologist is a DO, then go ahead and try to get a recommendation from him/her even if that's not your thing, because it does not seem like you have much of a choice. It's better than not having a DO recommendation at all! Hope this helps!