no email reference to status page update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor~Detroit

this poll sux!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do any schools that use an online status page for interview invites *not* let you know by email whether they have updated the page? are there some schools for which i have to check the status page myself regularly?

Members don't see this ad.

Doctor~Detroit said:
do any schools that use an online status page for interview invites *not* let you know by email whether they have updated the page? are there some schools for which i have to check the status page myself regularly?

UMich, Cornell

Members don't see this ad :)
I checked my status page for U. of Cincinnati and was apparently complete there as of 8/21, but did not get an email.

Doctor~Detroit said:

UCLA, too.

Anything else?

perhaps this should be a list:

Schools that do NOT send email notification concerning online status page update:

UCLA
U Cincinnati
U Michigan
Weill Cornell

Schools that do NOT send email notification concerning online status page update:

UCLA
U Cincinnati
U Michigan
Weill Cornell
NYMC

perhaps this should be a list:

UCLA
U Cincinnati
U Michigan
Weill Cornell

Hey, this is great info ! Is there any way to keep this going ?:thumbup:

Hey, this is great info ! Is there any way to keep this going ?:thumbup:

Maybe it could be incorporated into thread on applicant status....That way there's not too many threads of importance out there.

I've been checking status of my application a lot for past few days since my letters were just uploaded..

MCW. Online status page says i am complete but no email.
Vermont. Status page says everything received but doesnt say "complete". But i am assuming i should be complete. No email.
Jefferson. Same as above.

Not sure whether i should call in to make sure i am complete. Hopefully we will get more information from this thread. =)

I've been checking status of my application a lot for past few days since my letters were just uploaded..

MCW. Online status page says i am complete but no email.
Vermont. Status page says everything received but doesnt say "complete". But i am assuming i should be complete. No email.
Jefferson. Same as above.

Not sure whether i should call in to make sure i am complete. Hopefully we will get more information from this thread. =)

for jefferson, that means you're complete. i never received a complete email and i got an interview.

regarding UVM, i submitted my ish a few weeks ago and it still says incomplete and that my LOR's haven't been received (they're on VE). anyone else?

regarding UVM, i submitted my ish a few weeks ago and it still says incomplete and that my LOR's haven't been received (they're on VE). anyone else?

it took over 3 weeks for them to recognize my LOR...

Members don't see this ad :)
Add Tufts and WFU, even though WFU says they'll email you when you're complete, they won't.

Jefferson
MCW
NYMC
Tufts
UCLA
U Cincinnati
U Michigan
Vermont
Wake Forest U
Weill Cornell

do these apply to interview status updates?

they do send snail mail but its probably best to keep checking the status page to get the best interview date.

Jefferson
MCW
NYMC
Tufts
UCLA
U Cincinnati
UIC
U Michigan
Vermont
Wake Forest U
Weill Cornell

UVM does not send e-mail regarding change in status, but WILL send an e-mail if you get an invitation to interview.

As far as different status stages go, this was my progression:
- secondary submitted
- all materials received
- complete and under preliminary review
- interview invite

I would contatct the admissions office. The status for my advisor letter said incomplete for two weeks after it was submitted. I sent the admissions office an e-mail, and my status page was updated to reflect receipt of the letter by the end of the day.

Southwestern and Dartmouth didn't tell me I was complete either.

Jefferson
MCW
NYMC
Tufts
UCLA
U Cincinnati
UIC
USC
U Michigan
Vermont
Wake Forest U
Weill Cornell

...... My status page allowed me to schedule an interview at USC over a month ago, but they never sent an email notifying me of this change in status.

my original idea for the thread was to get a list of schools that notified us via email about interview invites, since i saw that as a step in which notification time was especially important. it's becoming clear that there should probably be different lists devoted to different stages of the process. e.g., separate school lists for those that send emails to designate:

1) "complete" application status
2) interview invite status
3) final decision status (one might want to lump phone calls in this list as well)

does anyone want to undertake separate lists, using this thread as a guide? is there anyway to get such lists stickied or otherwise placed in a prominent place in the sdn forums, since this is useful information for pre-meds at the beginning of each cycle?

of Babel. Status page interview scheduled a few weeks ago, but no snail or email still...had me worried that it was a technical glitch. Yikes!