No essays for U Rochestor secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocKat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just sent out my U Rochestor secondary electronically, and it seemed like that there were no essays...but now I am starting to doubt myself and wonder if I made a mistake :scared: Can someone else who is also applying to U Rochestor verify this? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

DocKat said:
I just sent out my U Rochestor secondary electronically, and it seemed like that there were no essays...but now I am starting to doubt myself and wonder if I made a mistake :scared: Can someone else who is also applying to U Rochestor verify this? Thanks!!

I don't remember there being essays last year, but make sure you spelled the school's name right on any correspondence you sent, huh?

I just looked through my applications from last year, and I did answer 2 mini-essay questions for URochester, but I think they send it to you later (like you only write the essays if you get an interview or something).

Members don't see this ad :)
criminallyinane said:
I don't remember there being essays last year, but make sure you spelled the school's name right on any correspondence you sent, huh?

Zing!!!!! :D

DocKat said:

I filled out the secondary as well and had the same doubts shortly after submission. Rest assured there was no essay component at this time.

Hope that eases your mind and hope you enjoyed one of the "easier" secondaries :)

Thanks so much guys!!! Now I feel better. And I'll be sure to spell the school's name right next time!!!

is u of rochester's secondary available online?!!!

i haven't received one

Yes Urochester is online and you can access it through their website.

They send the invitation to complete the secondary by snail mail, then you can go fill it out online. Apparently you can fill it out before you get the letter but they prefer that you don't.

First 2 secondaries completed:
Upenn
Uof Rochester

- cause there's no essays and can be paid online!

You can submit a rochester secondary as long as your amcas has been verified and your application sent to them right? Don't have to wait for snail mail?

princessd3 said:
You can submit a rochester secondary as long as your amcas has been verified and your application sent to them right? Don't have to wait for snail mail?

Correct. After AMCAS is verified, you don't have to wait.