NO experience Endodontics programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Endo Goat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I was wondering does anyone the list of Endodontics programs that does not require expeicne to get in????

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Programs will generally list if they REQUIRE experience but not the other way around so you'll have to sift through all the programs you want to apply. If they don't list a requirement assume they will consider you.

And anyone here can say "so-and-so school accepted D4s the year I applied" but that can definitely vary cycle to cycle and at the whim of the program at that point in time. For example, I had heard that one program accepted D4s into half of their slots and it went horribly (too much handholding was needed) and so the next cycle they accepted no D4s at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just apply to wherever you want to go. If you don’t get in this round, you’ll then reapply and that is looked on favorably and you’ll have some experience.

Check each program’s website and look at look at the current residents. You’ll notice patterns.

Good luck!

Hello everyone I was wondering does anyone the list of Endodontics programs that does not require expeicne to get in????
Lol yeahhh right

thank you for being useless
Thank you for not doing your research before asking questions that have been answered countless times… 😂.. you trying to get where I am at so humble yourself kiddo.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you for not doing your research before asking questions that have been answered countless times… 😂.. you trying to get where I am at so humble yourself kiddo.
well I think I was gonna be humble if you were respectful, but you were nothing but disrespectful. anyway congrats for you being a resident and I wish you the best.

I know one from tufts who went straight into tufts endo.
But all the other people who got in that I know have some experience.
I assume unless you have very strong connection within the same dental school, it is almost impossible.

I got interviews at UNC, UIC, UWashington, UPenn, Columbia, Tufts, UCLA, UCSF, San Antonio, Marquette.

Had no experience. Came straight from dental school. Had done 3 anterior RCTs. Didn’t have strong connections. Currently a second year resident.

Not a complete list, but these places will consider an applicant that is straight from dental school. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Apply everywhere and you will be golden

I got interviews at UNC, UIC, UWashington, UPenn, Columbia, Tufts, UCLA, UCSF, San Antonio, Marquette.

Had no experience. Came straight from dental school. Had done 3 anterior RCTs. Didn’t have strong connections. Currently a second year resident.

Not a complete list, but these places will consider an applicant that is straight from dental school. Hope this helps.
10 interviews? damn you must have had a boss CV

I bet you were top 10-20% at a minimum..

Most likely top 10 😉

What advice do you have for applying out of dental school? What stats did you end up having when applying?

What advice do you have for applying out of dental school? What stats did you end up having when applying?
No secret soup to getting in. Stats will get your foot in the door. Personal statement is what makes you stand out and relatable. Don’t overlook its importance.

As y’all have already guessed^^ — 4.0/top 10/600 adat. Lots of unique life/travel/work experiences. Past teaching experience. Some research/publications. Attended AAEs/part of endo study clubs/shadowed a few endodontists/tried to learn as much about the profession as possible.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Do you mind sharing your GPA /adat
nvm, I saw it and wow great stats lol