No hope- 3.02 cgpa 3.70 sgpa, no mcat yet..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trustme12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations(medical schools) for a person such as myself in such a dire circumstance?

Members don't see this ad.

u have a solid sGPA if i were u i would STOP taking any more science classes unless needed to graduate. protect your sGPA. Stay in undergrad another year and take fluff GPA boosters.

Stop taking science classes to protect your sgpa. take fluffer classes.

Reactions: 1 user
How many science classes have you taken if you're overall GPA is .68 below your sGPA? If you've taken a lot then you must have had some really bad non science grades (Cs, Ds). While med schools mainly look at sGPA, having really bad nonscience grades is gonna be a red flag.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a really bad year and got mainly f's. I retook a my sciences classes and got A's. so the sgpa is the product of the retakes. I have an explaination for why my grades in that year were really bad, otherwise I got As and Bs

I have taken all of my prereqs...

How many science classes have you taken if you're overall GPA is .68 below your sGPA? If you've taken a lot then you must have had some really bad non science grades (Cs, Ds). While med schools mainly look at sGPA, having really bad nonscience grades is gonna be a red flag.

I had a really bad year and got mainly f's. I retook a my sciences classes and got A's. so the sgpa is the product of the retakes. I have an explaination for why my grades in that year were really bad, otherwise I got As and Bs

I believe you have to give med schools both the original grade and retake, not sure though

I believe you have to give med schools both the original grade and retake, not sure though
yes they do they see everything, however im banking on my upward curve to bring me through. From cgpa of 2.43--> 3.02 in 1 year. Yes I took a crap load of classes and did well in them. IDK how the adcoms will see this, advice is appreciated, also im taking the mcat this summer.

This is such a weird phenomenon. Science classes are often 10x harder than other disciplines. Yet there are still some people with stellar sGPAS and less than stellar cGPAS.

These were my GPAs, I killed the MCAT, and was accepted to 2 very solid schools

Reactions: 1 user