Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

No II after 7 weeks of being complete

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by xprodigy92, 09.30.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. xprodigy92

xprodigy92 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what gives? Is this typical? I haven't been put on hold either. I literally have heard nothing. I have been complete since August 12th at over 30 schools. They all are telling me I'm in the review process. When should I begin applying to a graduate program for next year?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Heplayer92

Heplayer92 2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    The cycle is still young! Just sit tight, and be patient. I'm sure you'll hear back soon. It feels like AMCAS did a good job with verification this year, and schools are just bombarded with applications. Definitely more applying this year than the past.

At the same time, always have a backup plan. I always prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Good luck OP!

G_Marker likes this.
  4. unnumzaan

unnumzaan 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    What are your stats like and what range of schools did you apply to? I know everyone keeps saying the cycle is long and unpredictable, but I try to keep my expectations low to avoid being massively disappointed. And by that I mean I would be mighty concerned for you. I was complete around the same time and have had just a few II's trickle in ever so slowly. Hope you hear some good news soon :confused:

5. G_Marker

G_Marker

I don't know your stats, but I really think you shouldn't start worrying for another month or two. It doesn't sound like you've received any rejections yet, either, so that's some good news there. :)

It never hurts to have a back-up plan though. Maybe it will take off some of the pressure if you are happy with your alternate plan. Try to stay positive!

fatimany likes this.
  6. nm825

nm825 2+ Year Member

I was complete around the same time. 17 schools. No rejections. One ii from GW. One small-pool email that may or may not be a hold email from Medical College of Wisconsin. No other correspondence. I'm starting to get pretty worried.

7. Afford

Afford

I wouldn't start worrying about it until December. Schools usually interview their highest stat applicants first. I have heard nothing positive from any school outside of my state of residence.

8. tantacles

tantacles Lifetime Donor SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    Keep waiting. Apply to graduate programs now, and if you get in, you can withdraw.

Goro likes this.
  9. K1NG

K1NG 2+ Year Member

I was thinking about this.. but what programs should I be looking at? Haven't put much though into this "plan B" yet, but the only program I'm interested in is an MPH, besides a post-bac or SMP of course.

10. Gregarious_and_Hilarious

Gregarious_and_Hilarious

MDApps:
    Are your grades solid? If yes, then pursue an MPH if your passionate about it. But those classes aren't nearly as rigorous as an SMP, so I would go with that option if you want to show medical schools you're prepared for their curriculum

11. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

12. tantacles

tantacles Lifetime Donor SDN Moderator 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Verified
    Physician
    My perception is that you're really only getting an advanced degree because you feel you have to, and my suggestion reflects my personal experience; if you aren't accepted into medical school, bolstering your application with a paid research position is going to be much more beneficial for you in the long run than putting yourself into more debt.

PreciousHamburgers likes this.
  13. Omppu27

Omppu27 El Tiburon 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I see this so many times on this site that it's starting to bother me... OP has heard NOTHING and is starting to get concerned. However, on the first day of october, you have an II at George Washington, a school THOUSANDS of people get turned down at, and a small pool at MCW, a place where I've heard of a lot of people getting IIs off the small pool.

You two are in completely different situations. I don't know if this is just a humble brag??... I know i probably sound like an ass right now, but i see these types of posts in these types of threads too many times.

14. candbgirl

candbgirl Junior Member 10+ Year Member

What are your stats. It's hard to tLk about your case if we don't know. You mentioned a SMP. Do your grades indicate you might need a SMP? What is your MCAT?

15. unnumzaan

unnumzaan 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I see it as a sympathizing "I'm worrying with insertsmallnumber II's, so you must really be panicking :("

16. boltedbicorne

boltedbicorne Banned Banned

Pre-Medical
    Exactly, what I was going to post. Patience is a virtue and there are tens of thousands of people who submitted before you that ADCOMs have to go through before you have the luxury of having your app evaluated.

Last edited: 10.01.14
    Goro likes this.

About the ads