No-II Gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK? ~2020 edition~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*Through the tears* Happy Thanksgiving

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
Hey yall i had no idea this thread existed but am now here to join in solidarity lol. LM 68, applied to ~30 schools, mostly complete late aug, 4 rejections, 2 pre-II holds, no IIs yet so been extremely bummed but glad there’s some support here. Sending good vibes and II prayers!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
It's officially post-Thanksgiving... Good luck to everyone here! Hope we all get good news, preferably sooner than later!

• Care
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard absolutely nothing.

Last year, I applied to 30 schools and was rejected by 5-10 by this point. The rest of the rejections came most in January and February. Was hoping to hear SOMETHING by now.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I've heard absolutely nothing.

Last year, I applied to 30 schools and was rejected by 5-10 by this point. The rest of the rejections came most in January and February. Was hoping to hear SOMETHING by now.
Grass is always greener! I have 9 rejections and wish they would stop the massacre :').

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I JUST got a secondary from westernu after I submitted the primary in June... I'm happy to get it but... dafuq? :oops:

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
do we think it's worth submitting a couple secondaries this late? seeing the complete lack in communication i've had so far has me thinking about doing some of the ones i said i wasn't going to do when i first got them

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
also how stressed should i be that i havent heard back from 24/30 schools...

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't heard back from 20/20 lol

1606916817687.png

me this app cycle

Reactions: 8 users
At least case western has stopped sending all their masters programs emails...but now my inbox is dry as hell

Reactions: 8 users
I was able to hold my grad school hostage by meeting the minimum requirements for an automatic interview at the associated med school. It may be a courtesy interview, but im going to bring my all nonetheless. Wish me luck guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
crazy day. ended up getting 2 invites in a 30 minute window. this is truly the most random process i've faced and not having feedback for months is the hard part. wish it were more transparent, but nonetheless i wish all the best for everybody here, and pray that you will have a day with success some time soon.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
crazy day. ended up getting 2 invites in a 30 minute window. this is truly the most random process i've faced and not having feedback for months is the hard part. wish it were more transparent, but nonetheless i wish all the best for everybody here, and pray that you will have a day with success some time soon.
Time to change that username Unless I'm reading it wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I know it’s a little early for this, but if I have an unsuccessful cycle is it normal to contact a couple schools for feedback on how I can improve my application?

I know it’s a little early for this, but if I have an unsuccessful cycle is it normal to contact a couple schools for feedback on how I can improve my application?
Yes it's fine at end if cycle (May, June, July) most schools will ghost u tho

random thought, but didnt know where to ask. Do you guys think schools are offering more interviews this cycle, or less interviews this cycle because of their virtual nature? Initially i was hypothesizing that it would be more interviews, but then my advisor brought up a good point that the admissions people probably still have the same availability since they have other work to worry about. thoughts?

random thought, but didnt know where to ask. Do you guys think schools are offering more interviews this cycle, or less interviews this cycle because of their virtual nature? Initially i was hypothesizing that it would be more interviews, but then my advisor brought up a good point that the admissions people probably still have the same availability since they have other work to worry about. thoughts?
I heard it’s more from most schools

In the beginning most adcoms here said the number would be the same. Now that we are in the thick of it, some schools are offering more because they realize they are not seeing the same cancellation rate as in prior years, since it costs nothing to attend a virtual interview, so they are worried their yields might drop if they all give As to same group of candidates. As a result, some schools are preparing by interviewing more so they can build a bigger WL. If they don't do this (because they don't create more availability) and yield fears come true, they will just have to dig uncomfortably deep into their WLs to fill their classes.

There is no one-size-fits-all here. Harvard probably doesn't have to interview more. Vandy has already indicated that it will do so, by extending its cycle by a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
In the beginning most adcoms here said the number would be the same. Now that we are in the thick of it, some schools are offering more because they realize they are not seeing the same cancellation rate as in prior years, since it costs nothing to attend a virtual interview, so they are worried their yields might drop if they all give As to same group of candidates. As a result, some schools are preparing by interviewing more so they can build a bigger WL. If they don't do this (because they don't create more availability) and yield predictions come true, they will just have to dig uncomfortably deep into their WLs to fill their classes.

There is no one-size-fits-all here. Harvard probably doesn't have to interview more. Vandy has already indicated that it will do so, by extending its cycle by a few weeks.
ahh you make good points, thank you for the information! makes sense!

dw yall, schools will probably send out a bunch of IIs since they needa catch up due to thanksgiving. also bc the holidays are comin up so they prob puttin in work before taking a week off again

Reactions: 3 users
dw yall, schools will probably send out a bunch of IIs since they needa catch up due to thanksgiving. also bc the holidays are comin up so they prob puttin in work before taking a week off again
Username checks out.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Just got my first II from my state school this morning (12/8). My school is scheduling into January right now, so there's still some time. Good luck everyone! I hope you find success in this crappy cycle 💕

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
I feel like this week has been the quietest one ever, and we're about to head into the dark ages of the holidays...:cautious:
The week before thanksgiving was a rough one. Probably going to be the same before christmas.

Have sent in 7 secondaries, 2 back in mid-July, and it's been radio silence since! I survived a few pre-II rejection waves but without that II, I'm getting to the point where I WANT the rejection email. I feel like my mind/sanity is balancing on a needle...

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Waiting on twenty SIXXXX schools lol panic

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
3 Rs all at once today... feeling kind of hopeless tbh

• Care
Reactions: 17 users
RIP...4 rejections this week.
rejection.jpg

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
3 Rs all at once today... feeling kind of hopeless
Ugh, I'm so sorry. Did you get notified via emails? I'm almost wondering whether there's a problem with my email account.

Are you waiting on any other schools?

• Care
Got a positive test for COVID but no II from my state school yet <3 love to see it

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Guys I just gotta say how much this cycle sucks for all of us. At least for previous years we had some sort of standard to compare ourselves to but thanks to covid, all of that is out the window. BLAH all I want to do is ****post all day but that would help no one and just being morale down. But the sun will shine on us soon enough friends. Let's hang in there.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
How are most of ya'll handling FAFSA? should we be filling it out now? thanks for any details

How are most of ya'll handling FAFSA? should we be filling it out now? thanks for any details
I'd fill it in as soon as possible, especially since there's a lot of tax documents you may need to gather. Plus you can add schools after filling in fafsa since you can only do ten at a time. But the faster you fill it, schools will have your info all ready to give you that sweet financial deal when the time comes c:

I'd fill it in as soon as possible, especially since there's a lot of tax documents you may need to gather. Plus you can add schools after filling in fafsa since you can only do ten at a time. But the faster you fill it, schools will have your info all ready to give you that sweet financial deal when the time comes c:
Even if we don't know if we're in or not?