No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you complete over the summer? If you were complete a little later for MD ( I was, if you look at my Sig) . I think if we haven't heard anything yet ( like no pre-II R's, like all the MD schools on my list do), then they may not have gotten to you yet and it's not quite time to panic. Like I know that's a rule, but when you're complete and whether you've even gotten any R's should play into it case-by-case.
I was complete mid-late August. I've had 2 pre-II Rs. What does that mean in my case?

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete mid-late August. I've had 2 pre-II Rs. What does that mean in my case?
Not sure, but mid-Aug isn't that early. I really feel like the T-giving rule should really apply to July complete dates and earlier.

Reactions: 1 user
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus an Interview Invite at 5 AM! Mwah! Mwah! I just kissed the screen. Now, I'm probably sick. #KillJoy

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dear Sweet Baby Jesus an Interview Invite at 5 AM! Mwah! Mwah! I just kissed the screen. Now, I'm probably sick. #KillJoy
( sick from the screen bc your kids cough on it?)
And congrats! I'm still waiting on SOME news ( even bad!) before T-giving. Nervous to check my app email. When were you complete?

( sick from the screen bc your kids cough on it?)
And congrats! I'm still waiting on SOME news ( even bad!) before T-giving. Nervous to check my app email. When were you complete?
Oh gosh. Kids coughing. Me coughing. Everyone coughing. Heck, I feel like I've been coughing so long that my own virus probably mutated and I'm catching it again lol

AMCAS Verified: 9/9
Secondary Received: 9/24
Secondary Submitted: 9/24
CASPer Marked Complete: 10/4

LM 65.9 / cGPA 2.89 / sGPA 4.0 / MCAT 520

Reactions: 3 users
Oh gosh. Kids coughing. Me coughing. Everyone coughing. Heck, I feel like I've been coughing so long that my own virus probably mutated and I'm catching it again lol

Man, 520 MCAT tho! Congrats :D I'm just holding on to the whole "no news is good news" thing.

• Love
Man, 520 MCAT tho! Congrats :D I'm just holding on to the whole "no news is good news" thing.
Honestly same, but I'm afraid the no news is going to turn into a giant bad news wave in the end :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I knew I needed to do something to counter the low GPA (which came about through quite a story), so I studied my butt off all summer. That put me taking the MCAT in August, which meant results in September, which meant applying late because I didn't know how I'd do. ... :(

Honestly same, but I'm afraid the no news is going to turn into a giant bad news wave in the end :(
Well, this only applies to MD for me since all but 1 of the DO schools on my list do silent Rs. And yes I am also afraid of being pummeled by R's all of a sudden. Its been less time for me tho, for you its more likely mulling over your app and not giving you the R.

This is why I wish we didn’t have to use LM scores. A LM 65.9 looks low but with a 520 MCAT and 4.0 science gpa you might as well have a LM of 80. Lol. I have a higher LM than you but no way my app is more competitive. Congrats!

We DON'T have to use the LM score. It's not an official admissions metric.

Yeah I know but thats what people prefer using in order to remain anonymous. Schools actually do check school-specific threads. Several DO schools I've interviewed at said they do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know but thats what people prefer using in order to remain anonymous. Schools actually do check school-specific threads. Several DO schools I've interviewed at said they do.
Phew... Fortunately, I don’t care to be anonymous. If someone really wants to know who I am, I’m happy to share. I applied to schools that I’d be thrilled to attend across the board! Also, lacking anonymity helps remind people that they should treat each other as well online as we should in person.

Of course, there are some obvious drawbacks, too, but I don’t mind the tradeoff!

Reactions: 2 users
*sigh* It's gonna be a looonnnnggg T-giving break with no R or II's from schools, both MD and DO.

Doomsday (Thanksgiving) is almost here. :eek:
Was wondering if adcoms are working tomorrow. I know my university is totally shut down tomorrow, but wondering if we can hope to hear anything tomorrow or have to wait until after Turkey now?

Again, not if u were complete late, and literally have not gotten a single R either.
And for DO the timeline is different.

DO has been great for me. 8 IIs and 2 acceptances. Still waiting to hear back from other interviews.

Complete mid to late August not sure what that means for MD. 3 R’s.

Was wondering if adcoms are working tomorrow. I know my university is totally shut down tomorrow, but wondering if we can hope to hear anything tomorrow or have to wait until after Turkey now?

probably have to wait. :(

• Sad

They’re people too. Don’t expect anything until after the break.

They’re people too. Don’t expect anything until after the break.
I didn't expect my kids to have to go to school tomorrow either. Thought I'd had some family time, but that big yellow bus is coming one way or another.

Was just asking about whether some schools are open tomorrow vs mine that is closed.

I didn't expect my kids to have to go to school tomorrow either. Thought I'd had some family time, but that big yellow bus is coming one way or another.

Your kids have school on thanksgiving?

Was just asking about whether some schools are open tomorrow vs mine that is closed.

And I answered you.

Your kids have school on thanksgiving?

And I answered you.
Thursday is Thanksgiving. I asked on Tuesday about Wednesday. Yes. There’s elementary school on Wednesday (which is now today). Geez

Thursday is Thanksgiving. I asked on Tuesday about Wednesday. Yes. There’s elementary school on Wednesday (which is now today). Geez

Not sure why you’re getting all emotional. But this morning you literally wrote this:

Tomorrow is Thursday, so you might see how I could think you meant tomorrow. Since you said tomorrow in your post today.

And my kids didn’t have school today, so it’s not the same everywhere. That’s why I asked.

Reactions: 2 users
@Aktak You're in Alaska right? AKST time?

I assume a four hour time difference between AKST and EST is enough to make it seem like you were posting "today" when it looked like yesterday night for you.

Reactions: 5 users
@Aktak You're in Alaska right? AKST time?

I assume a four hour time difference between AKST and EST is enough to make it seem like you were posting "today" when it looked like yesterday night for you.

His post was at 0622 eastern time so even with a four hour difference it would still be 0222. But I can see how if he hadn’t been to bed yet that he might have just said “tomorrow” instead of “today.” Either way, I think it’s pretty reasonable that I would have thought when he said tomorrow that he meant tomorrow, not today lol.

• Haha
His post was at 0622 eastern time so even with a four hour difference it would still be 0222. But I can see how if he hadn’t been to bed yet that he might have just said “tomorrow” instead of “today.” Either way, I think it’s pretty reasonable that I would have thought when he said tomorrow that he meant tomorrow, not today lol.
okay okay geez no need to get heated here. None of this matters. :rofl:

Reactions: 4 users
How I feel about what all this silence means for my application:
1574874357189.png

How I feel about what all this silence means for my application:

Dude, you gotta relax. I see you post on here incessantly - patience is a huge part of this whole process and we're not doing ourselves any favors by reading too much into timelines or what could they mean by this message or this rejection or lack thereof. I'd seriously suggest getting off SDN for a little while in some attempt to get your mind off things. There's a long road ahead until any of us are sitting in any sort of seat - enjoy the time you have left before your life changes forever.

Reactions: 4 users
okay okay geez no need to get heated here. None of this matters. :rofl:

I’m not heated lol. I don’t care, I was just surprised at the idea of a school being open on turkey day, and his response was a little emotional like I was interrogating him or something.

Dude, you gotta relax. I see you post on here incessantly - patience is a huge part of this whole process and we're not doing ourselves any favors by reading too much into timelines or what could they mean by this message or this rejection or lack thereof. I'd seriously suggest getting off SDN for a little while in some attempt to get your mind off things. There's a long road ahead until any of us are sitting in any sort of seat - enjoy the time you have left before your life changes forever.
Well, if you look at my post history, I'm kind of a " boom and bust" with my SDN use. Tons of use in 2017 ( mostly in the first half), less in 2018 and the first half of 2019 , and then again after applying. Like I kind of become obsessed with it for a bit and then leave it be.
You're right, I need to chill. I'm just going crazy with all my profs and friends and family members asking me if I've heard anything yet. And also I do just tend to overanalyze and read into vague clues, that's my whole personality. Like, I'm like in this general with all things in life.
I’m actually surprised you have no IIs with your stats.

edit: actually you applied to very few schools.
The distance was a big factor. I didn't want have to drive more than 7 hours to get back home. I commuted in undergrad and do wanna leave for school, but I think going from living in MA to, say, South Carolina will be too much.
So for MD, that's all I felt like I was actually competitive for. Like I was very careful with my lower MCAT and GPA to only apply to places where I was in the IQR only. I'm not one of those below average applicants who applies to a ton of mid-tier programs and just " hopes for the best" .
Now for DO, there's distance, and the fact that I was never able to get a DO LOR.I also didn't apply to Tuoro NY because that program's fail rates are so sketchy that I just don't wanna risk it. And I feel like 12 programs where you're a strong fit >>>> 15+ programs with many that you barely fit. I think 5 DO is pretty standard, no? But my MD list is limited for a good reason, I think.
And the total lack of news is also because I was complete a bit later.

Well Black Friday was fun.
Ya!!! I bought body butter and the Becca shimmering skin perfector liquid highliter for an AMAZING deal! And Urban Decay setting spray. And a qaulity winter jacket bc my old one is going on five years.

Ya!!! I bought body butter and the Becca shimmering skin perfector liquid highliter for an AMAZING deal! And Urban Decay setting spray. And a qaulity winter jacket bc my old one is going on five years.

Yeah I got some clothes. Lost 50 pounds since January so I've been needing to get some more. lol

Yeah I got some clothes. Lost 50 pounds since January so I've been needing to get some more. lol

Damn congrats! Any tips? I’m not looking to lose that much weight but to get back In shape after losing all my healthy habits these last few months

Damn congrats! Any tips? I’m not looking to lose that much weight but to get back In shape after losing all my healthy habits these last few months
The trick is to get nauseous when you're anxious so you can't eat.
I'm just kidding don't actually do that. I used to be chubby but lost a lot of weight bc of anxiety in general, but I don't condone that and it's not what is actually healthy for me, I am naturally chubby.

2 R's so far... heeding advice and moving forward with plan B. Really sucks having to study for the MCAT again but oh well.

• Sad
2 R's so far... heeding advice and moving forward with plan B. Really sucks having to study for the MCAT again but oh well.
Did you apply DO? And if you were complete MD later there is still hope! 60 percent of II's are out by T-giving for MD, not 100%.

You weren’t asking me but caloric restriction and caffeine. You’re not going to gain weight consuming 1400-1700 calories per day. To put this in perspective, if you’re on a typical 2000-2200 calorie diet this equates to skipping lunch and a snack. if you’re intermittent fasting this is fairly easy to achieve. (The exact numbers are fairly dependent on a lot or personalized factors so don’t just take my numbers and go with it)

oh and working 1-2 sessions of HIIT into your workout schedule will do wonders

So since somebody else browsing the school-specific threads from previous years said, Dec is normally the month Sept. complete dates reliably hear back. ( I know for DO I was complete more like end of Sept but still). This . is.our.month.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
So since somebody else browsing the school-specific threads from previous years said, Dec is normally the month Sept. complete dates reliably hear back. ( I know for DO I was complete more like end of Sept but still). This . is.our.month.

Love your optimism. Keep it up. I am in school with a few people who didn’t get in until May and June.

• Love
Love your optimism. Keep it up. I am in school with a few people who didn’t get in until May and June.
Well it could be good or bad news but it's news nontheless ( A lot fo Sept complete folks on here saying they haven't heard anything).
And getting in is way later. You don't hear about the decision on an interview until 1 or 2 months. So someone not getting in until June could have interviewed as early as March. And II's are ( generally) sent out two months before the actual interview date. So someone who got in June cold have gotten their II in Jan. And for someone getting in in May they could have gotten and II as early as Dec, which is now.

At any rate my pulse is going up when I open my application email account. Trying to stay optimistic.

And II's are ( generally) sent out two months before the actual interview date.
2 months seems a bit long imo . unless everyone else is having a drastically different experience from me, you usually get anywhere between 1 week and a month tops between invite and II

Basically you could get an invite in February with an interview date 1 week later and then be admitted the following week.So I wouldn’t worry too much yet

Last edited by a moderator:
2 months seems a bit long imo . unless everyone else is having a drastically different experience from me, you usually get anywhere between 1 week and a month tops between invite and II
Oh really? I was watching multiple school-specific threads, and it seems people getting invites in Oct are having interview dates in Dec, people getting invites in Nov are having dates in Jan, etc.