No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Getting nervous! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there's like a hard date or deadline by which all schools have to be done with sending out interviews?

Does anyone know if there's like a hard date or deadline by which all schools have to be done with sending out interviews?
I don’t think so! I’ve heard some schools who have interviewed even in May

Members don't see this ad :)
No such thing. They all set their own timelines, and the only "deadline" is when classes start. Of course, unless they are HIGHLY disorganized, they are done well before then, but, depending on how things go, interviews can extend well into the Spring if schools haven't seen enough of what they are looking for.

To my knowledge, the only firm dates across all AMCAS schools are when applications open and can first be submitted, when acceptances can first be communicated, when candidates have to reduce to one acceptance, and the earliest that CTE can be required. Schools can begin and end interviews whenever they want.

No longer hoping for interviews this cycle, but SO PROUD of everyone regardless of # of interviews, A's, or WL's! This cycle's been a doozy. I'll be here sending my updates and prepping to come back kickin' in 2021 :cool:
+1 I am at peace and steady at work prepping for 2020-2021. Proud of all 2019-2020 applicants, it take so much to reach this stage of the journey!

I am rooting for everyone who has receive an II, whether it be 1 or 10! I don't really have peers who are also going through this process, so it's been lovely to ride it out with all of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
have you had your interview yet, btw? how did it go!?
Yes I did!!!! I think it was good I really loved the school a lot :love: so crossing my fingers for good news, I should be hearing in the next few weeks:nailbiting:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I don't know if this has already been discussed but I was wondering how some of you are (if you are) preparing for the next cycle? How are you pinpointing weaknesses in your apps and reevaluating? I am struggling with coming up with a plan for next year. I won't be retaking the mcat, so I need to figure out other enhancements to my application, but it seems incredibly daunting to be honest. I would appreciate any advice either on here or via message. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I don't know if this has already been discussed but I was wondering how some of you are (if you are) preparing for the next cycle? How are you pinpointing weaknesses in your apps and reevaluating? I am struggling with coming up with a plan for next year. I won't be retaking the mcat, so I need to figure out other enhancements to my application, but it seems incredibly daunting to be honest. I would appreciate any advice either on here or via message. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it

It would help to know your MCAT, GPA, volunteering, research, shadowing, and school list. I suggest going to WAMC forum and posting there. People can help pinpoint weaknesses to your app and make suggestions.

Members don't see this ad :)
II’s pretty much over huh?
I think there are a few schools that interview until April! Saw someone get an II at Drexel today...

but would probably say unfortunately most schools have already or will be finishing up their interview seasons soon

Reactions: 1 users
I think there are a few schools that interview until April! Saw someone get an II at Drexel today...

but would probably say unfortunately most schools have already or will be finishing up their interview seasons soon
Holy **** congrats on your A!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Future doctors! Checking in for final time to bid the 2019-2020 crew good bye and wish everyone good health in these uncertain times. Whether you're preparing to be first year med students, staying hopeful on a WL, or gearing up to re-apply, you're awesome and should take a moment of pause to recognize all of the hard work you have done and how far you've come.

I thought it may be helpful to future SDN'ers if people circle back and share how things turned out for them. Complete date and first date of interview, if you were accepted, or something like that. Only if anyone is comfortable of course <3

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I received two II, one DO and one state MD. GPA about 3.55c/3.47sci 511 MCAT. Several hundred hours of volunteer work in a hospital and senior care center, as well as some shadowing.
Axed at MD/WL at DO school that is known for being high yield.

• Sad
UGPA = 2.65 / Post-bacc = 4.0 / MCAT = 522

Complete at all schools 10/30 (I know)

I received 2 II, one at my state school and one at my post-bacc's.

So far 1 A and hoping to be 2 for 2 this week :D

• Love
Applied to 35 MD schools with a 3.6 GPA/509 MCAT, CA, ORM, a lot of research, volunteering, and clinical experience, non-traditional student and first time applicant. Complete everywhere July/August.

Received 34 rejections pre-II, however, I did receive ONE interview very late in the cycle and it turned into ONE ACCEPTANCE. It only takes one A! But I really also feel like this school is a great fit for me. Beyond grateful. The process is truly unpredictable and unique for everyone.

If anyone wants to talk through their reapplication plans I would love to be of help in any way possible, I don’t have much expertise whatsoever but I know it’s helpful sometimes just to go back and forth with your ideas! So please reach out if you just need to talk through anything!

Wishing anyone still waiting to hear from schools this year or reapplying an immense amount of luck! I’ll be rooting for you!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
First time applicant who took two gap years. I applied to 32 MD schools with a 3.98 GPA and 517 MCAT. I was complete around labor day at most schools. I received 6 IIs (first one in November), was accepted at 2, and WL at the other four (at one school 1st tier WL). I have PTE'd at one of my As, although one of my WLs has the potential to sway me if they accept me.

If anyone wants advice or support for a reapp, I am more than willing to help.

Last edited:
  • Love
First time applicant, about to graduate in a couple weeks

Applied to 14 schools with a 3.97 and 512 throughout September - October and had 13 rejections up until late March. On March 26th, I received my first II from the only school left that had not rejected me. I interviewed later that week and I'm currently waiting for my decision.

Reactions: 10 users
First time applicant, about to graduate in a couple weeks

Applied to 14 schools with a 3.97 and 512 throughout September - October and had 13 rejections up until late March. On March 26th, I received my first II from the only school left that had not rejected me. I interviewed later that week and I'm currently waiting for my decision.

Best of luck to you!!

First time applicant, non trad (nurse), LM 64. 17 applications, 4 interviews and 3 acceptances (DO, not MD) and will be attending my state DO school so costs are affordable. Was complete in early August, all interviews were in October and then came the slow trickle of pre II rejections from every other school. My application was good overall except my MCAT was lower than I would have liked. Still very excited to have the opportunity to become a physician. =)

Last edited:
  • Love
First time applicant, 3.2 GPA/514 MCAT/LM 65, applied to 18 MD and 15 DO, complete July/August. I had no IIs until mid-November, and ended up with 1 MD II and 2 DO II. Will be matriculating at the MD school in July--it only takes one! :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
First time applicant, nontrad. LM of 62. Low-ish cGPA, average sGPA, decent post bacc. Very sad MCAT. Solid EC’s. Applied to like 20 MD schools 1 interview. 1 acceptance. So thankful.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
First-time applicant; non-trad, LM 69. Applied to 24 MD schools, most complete mid-July - 4 IIs, 3 As, 1 WL.

Had not received first decision until Jan, so had been full swing in re-application planning mode. Happy to help with advice with low GPA/high MCAT instances, grade repair, or non-trad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
First-time applicant: CA ORM w/509 and 3.8. I applied to ~38 schools and was complete at most schools by the end of September. I got two IIs in January and was accepted into one of my DREAM schools at the end of Feb. All it takes is one!

• Love
I'm gonna write something possibly controversial here (aka "trigger warning")...

Applied to 20 MD schools, 4 DO schools, a lot of them "reach schools" due to desired geography. 3 MD interviews, 1 DO interview, interview waitlisted at 3 schools. There were a few (2-3) schools where I did not fill out my secondary due to some ridiculousness. Out of my MD endeavors - 1 R, 1 WL, 1 A. DO - 1 A. I am a non-trad, very non-trad and let's leave it at that.

I must say, I was majorly disappointed in my dream school and fell in love (mutually) with my state school. I'm not seeking to cure cancer. I want to push Narcan® and intubate/place central lines all day long.

• Love
First-time applicant: CA ORM w/509 and 3.8. I applied to ~38 schools and was complete at most schools by the end of September. I got two IIs in January and was accepted into one of my DREAM schools at the end of Feb. All it takes is one!

Congrats!

Were you accepted into a CA state school?

First time applicant, 3.2 GPA/514 MCAT/LM 65, applied to 18 MD and 15 DO, complete July/August. I had no IIs until mid-November, and ended up with 1 MD II and 2 DO II. Will be matriculating at the MD school in July--it only takes one! :biglove:
That's awesome and good job on that MCAT!