No-II gang HOW WE FEELIN ABOUT THIS WEEK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why would they hate Goro? I’ve been actively posting here for a few days and he’s super helpful! I just added a few schools because of him!

They hate all SDN adcoms because they think they are arrogant people who want to display their power over hopeless and vulnerable premeds lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Why would they hate Goro? I’ve been actively posting here for a few days and he’s super helpful! I just added a few schools because of him!
They hate Goro because he is blunt, painfully truthful and accurate and doesn’t give in to the cult of encouraging every applicant, even those applicants who are too far-gone.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
They hate all SDN adcoms because they think they are arrogant people who want to display their power over hopeless and vulnerable premeds lol
If only we could write that we love the adcoms on SDN on our secondaries hah. I’ll walk into every interview asking if they’re goro haha

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If only we could write that we love the adcoms on SDN on our secondaries hah. I’ll walk into every interview asking if they’re goro haha
Haha one of my secondaries had an option to check that we found the school on SDN. I wasn't ballsy enough to check it but it looks like med schools know this is a great resource.

Reactions: 4 users
Haha one of my secondaries had an option to check that we found the school on SDN. I wasn't ballsy enough to check it but it looks like med schools know this is a great resource.
Omg maybe it was goro’s school!!!

• Haha

Was it OUWB? I remember checking it off on a school and thinking the same lol

Reactions: 1 user
1566699814802.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I woke up this morning with a prevailing question - “Where did I go wrong? What am I missing here...”

I just joined r/premed a few days ago. Have discovered it is ruled by a simple majority, which seems to break down into mob rule.

On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about high stats. On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about having any interviews. On r/premed you are not allowed to provide information that goes against the grain of the majority and/or the nihilism of the meme. On r/premed you are either depressed, angry, or giving in to the delusion of “we all got this” when, in reality, 60% of us don’t got this.

But they got dank and relatable memes, so there is that.

I used r/premed for gathering info back when I was just beginning my MCAT prep. While I haven't made any posts over there or engaged in any conversation, I can say that your observations are accurate. I think SDN and r/premed both have their benefits/faults like all things though.

Reactions: 5 users
The mistake is using r/premed for insight about the application process. Conversely, SDN isn't the best place to vent frustrations or post relatable memes. The real winner is r/mcat, which embraces its role as a MCAT forum and nothing more.

Reactions: 11 users
The mistake is using r/premed for insight about the application process. Conversely, SDN isn't the best place to vent frustrations or post relatable memes. The real winner is r/mcat, which embraces its role as a MCAT forum and nothing more.
Agree. r/mcat is awesome

Reactions: 3 users
I just joined r/premed a few days ago. Have discovered it is ruled by a simple majority, which seems to break down into mob rule.

On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about high stats. On r/premed you are not allowed to be happy about having any interviews. On r/premed you are not allowed to provide information that goes against the grain of the majority and/or the nihilism of the meme. On r/premed you are either depressed, angry, or giving in to the delusion of “we all got this” when, in reality, 60% of us don’t got this.

Rule 1 of Reddit: The hive mind is infallible.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used r/premed r/mcat for gathering info back when I was just beginning my MCAT prep. While I haven't made any posts over there or engaged in any conversation, I can say that your observations are accurate. I think SDN and r/premed both have their benefits/faults like all things though.

fixed.

Agree. r/mcat is awesome
Back when I was studying for the MCAT, I totally got flamed on r/mcat on a throwaway for setting high expectations and proposing an untraditional and super condensed study regime. :(

Back when I was studying for the MCAT, I totally got flamed on r/mcat on a throwaway for setting high expectations and proposing an untraditional and super condensed study regime. :(
I have people on here tell me my 6 month easy going strategy sounds too long and hard to stick to (it was easy ASF compared to 6-8 hours a day for a month and a half like most people...but whatevs)....I can’t imagine how r/MCAT would’ve responded to it. Hell, let me find out.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Wanna tell the condensed study regiment? I may end up retaking if things don't go well this cycle lol

bad dreams related to my application cycle are increasing in frequently these days. #TeamByeSleep

SDN is the superego, and /r/premed is the id.

• Haha
SDN is the superego, and /r/premed is the id.
Also, r/premed really is something else.....Someone posted about another user that went on r/suicidewatch and my comment with national suicide hotine, locating mental health services link, and how to get involved in your own crisis line link all got downvoted. Who downvotes mental health awareness?

• Wow
Also, r/premed really is something else.....Someone posted about another user that went on r/suicidewatch and my comment with national suicide hotine, locating mental health services link, and how to get involved in your own crisis line link all got downvoted. Who downvotes mental health awareness?
WHAT?! That's so wild! I think it's good you posted the contact info. People might be too afraid to ask for it, but if they see it, maybe they'll use it.

Just saw that thread, while you did get only one downvote that is weird. But there’s also a few other comments that are downvoted I’m guessing that thread attracted the wrong people

Just saw that thread, while you did get only one downvote that is weird. But there’s also a few other comments that are downvoted I’m guessing that thread attracted the wrong people
It went from -1 to +2 to - 1 again. ****'s wild. Buthtis thread is about no-II, my bad. Disdain for r/premed was enough to derail, and attract me and Goro. Back to no-II gang.

I feel really badly for people who are going through this process without a solid support system. If I was doing this all alone, I don't know what I'd do. It helps to have people to vent to and pick you up when you're down. That's one of the positives of a forum like this (or even reddit). I hope the person gets the help they need.

Birthday is this week...I know what would be a great gift... HEAR MY PLEA II GODS

Birthday is this week...I know what would be a great gift... HEAR MY PLEA II GODS
The prayer of the desperate pre-med:

“Oh great Atul Gawande, AAMC Cars QPACK1 Picasso passage, Organic chemistry as a second language - please bless us with a bountiful harvest of interview Invites during these darkest of times. May your blessed milk of eternal premed aspiration flow through the veins of this admissions cycle like a great river of promise! In the name of the Surgeon, the hospitalist, and the holy ROAD. In Kaplan’s name, ah man...I found a typo”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
It went from -1 to +2 to - 1 again. ****'s wild. Buthtis thread is about no-II, my bad. Disdain for r/premed was enough to derail, and attract me and Goro. Back to no-II gang.
(Sry to continue derailing, but) That's because of vote fuzzing, a tactic reddit uses to prevent spam bots, which fluctuates the displayed number of upvotes and downvotes. You might have the same disdain for SDN as r/premed if SDN had downvotes too. Its easier to lurk and vote there than it is here, which is why you see more downvote mobs on reddit.

(Sry to continue derailing, but) That's because of vote fuzzing, a tactic reddit uses to prevent spam bots, which fluctuates the displayed number of upvotes and downvotes.

Ah I always wondered why it did that

I've stooped into a new low of obsessively checking my email at least 30 times a day. Still a member of the no-II gang :(

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I've stooped into a new low of obsessively checking my email at least 30 times a day. Still a member of the no-II gang :(

It seems like today is pretty active in terms of IIs though our time’s gotta be sokn

• Love
Hey gang, seems I will be leaving this group. After submitting my secondaries in mid August,Just got my first II!

Seems there is hope after all
:happy:

Guys stay optimistic and keep pushing forth w secondaries if you still have any!

Reactions: 11 users
Hey gang, seems I will be leaving this group. After submitting my secondaries in mid August,Just got my first II!

Guys stay optimistic and keep pushing forth w secondaries if you still have any!
Congrats dude! Run and dont look back

Your time will come. The II-reaper will get ya...

1566841585567.png

Going into every interview like: *shakes hand* "Hi are you Goro? Oh..you're not? Ok...*exhales while looking around amid the awkward silence*...well we tried right?"

• Haha
Sorry guys bad news... I'm leaving this group :(
First II this morning!

*Looks around*

Noooo who’s left with me? Don’t leave me alone smh

Getting II is overrated imo. Once you stop stressing about having no II you just start stressing more about the interview