No Insurance, need vaccinations in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to get my Hepatitis B shots and don't have any insurance. I called the Carenow facility but they want to charge $122 for each series of shot... that's $366! Is this a typical price? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Try the county health clinic. I know they give cheap or free immunizations. Also, your school's clinic is a good choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a part time job at a hospital, then you will get them all for free.

Thanks everyone! I called my county clinic and they are only going to charge $175 for the entire series of shots. If anyone else in the Dallas area needs their vaccinations, the county clinic also does all the other shots that are required prior to admittance into Pharmacy school. Number is 214-819-2000

Thanks everyone! I called my county clinic and they are only going to charge $175 for the entire series of shots. If anyone else in the Dallas area needs their vaccinations, the county clinic also does all the other shots that are required prior to admittance into Pharmacy school. Number is 214-819-2000

Wow, that's great. I went to the Denver county clinic and paid more than $400 for my series. Every time I went in they tacked on a $20 administrative fee. I guess they felt it was appropriate for a poor student to subsidize services for another poor person. It sounds like Dallas has its act together in that regard.

Oh well. It's all over with now.