• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Pharmcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Amarillo, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I need to get my Hepatitis B shots and don't have any insurance. I called the Carenow facility but they want to charge $122 for each series of shot... that's $366! Is this a typical price? :eek:

genesis09

15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Try the county health clinic. I know they give cheap or free immunizations. Also, your school's clinic is a good choice.

About the Ads

Pharmcat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Amarillo, Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Thanks everyone! I called my county clinic and they are only going to charge $175 for the entire series of shots. If anyone else in the Dallas area needs their vaccinations, the county clinic also does all the other shots that are required prior to admittance into Pharmacy school. Number is 214-819-2000

twester

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Thanks everyone! I called my county clinic and they are only going to charge $175 for the entire series of shots. If anyone else in the Dallas area needs their vaccinations, the county clinic also does all the other shots that are required prior to admittance into Pharmacy school. Number is 214-819-2000

Wow, that's great. I went to the Denver county clinic and paid more than $400 for my series. Every time I went in they tacked on a $20 administrative fee. I guess they felt it was appropriate for a poor student to subsidize services for another poor person. It sounds like Dallas has its act together in that regard.

Oh well. It's all over with now.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.