no interviews...am i alone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gipper, Nov 7, 2002.

1. gipper

gipper Member

Medical Student
    hey all - i just wanted to check in and see if i was the ONLY SDNer with no interviews...i am trying to keep my chin up knowing that it is still early but...geez. i am only human. got some rejections too which doesn't help...anyone? anyone? bueller?
    :(

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Street Philosopher

if i were michael jackson, i would tell you that you are not alone.

i was looking at last year's posters... i saw lots of activity in march and april. you still have 5 months before despair, so all i can say is to do something else to get your mind off apps and let the chips fall where they may.

4. Lancer_VII

Lancer_VII Member

gipper, when was your application complete? I applied to 20+ schools with a complete application in September. Got a few rejections, a hold, and an interview. But nothing else from 15 other schools. What confuses me the most is that some people who's applications were completed later than mine already have interviews from schools that I haven't even heard a peep out of!

5. gipper

gipper Member

Medical Student
    amcas processed 8/13/02. LORs to schools 9/17/02. last secondary in on 10/2/02. sigh.:confused:

6. Lancer_VII

Lancer_VII Member

Only been a month then! I wouldn't worry too much now. A lot of schools start giving out interviews in October - and those that get them are the ones that completed their applications in July and August! Just be patient! :)

7. lola

lola Bovine Member

i don't have any either and have applied to 25 schools.

have 2 pre-secondaries, am waiting on 2 more schools that screen for secondaries, and have 21 completed secondaries in! most were complete in september sometime. i was an august mcater, though, so that may have something to do with it. at least i'm hoping that's why i haven't heard a peep from anyone... :(

8. Angel_Eyes

Angel_Eyes Member

AMCAS completed 8/6/02
    TMDSAS completed 8/14/02
    Final secondary completed - 10/22/02

Nothing from any school except my state school interview and they give those to everyone!!! :oops:

But that's okay....for now!! Like someone else said....if it is still like this in march then... :eek: