No Interviews, getting a little worried, any thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBrizzle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to have any interview invites and I am getting a little worried. Heres the nitty gritty-

PS 10 VR 10 BS 11 WR P

3.54 BCPM 3.64 AO 3.59 CUM

IMHO My EC's are my strong suit- GPA isnt so great...

Do I have a shot (applied to MI state schools as resident plus typical OOS schools- MCW, RFUCMS, SUNY Up, AMC...)

Any thoughts would be great, and sorry for beating a dead horse with the What are my chances stuff, but the neurotic pre-med in me needs to get this out. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 30 schools (I know, I know) and I've gotten 3 interview invites so far (most of my secondaries completed in mid/late Aug). You applied to significantly less schools. Moral of the story, relax, especially as you have little to no control over the situation now. Your stats and ECs should earn some interviews, give it time.

Great research experience! I think with those stats you've got a good shot at MSU as long as you didnt wait too long to apply. When did you apply (unless you don't mind sharing)? And waitlist at DARTMOUTH! WOW - hope you get in! :thumbup:

I have yet to have any interview invites and I am getting a little worried. Heres the nitty gritty-

PS 10 VR 10 BS 11 WR P

3.54 BCPM 3.64 AO 3.59 CUM

IMHO My EC's are my strong suit- GPA isnt so great...

Do I have a shot (applied to MI state schools as resident plus typical OOS schools- MCW, RFUCMS, SUNY Up, AMC...)

Any thoughts would be great, and sorry for beating a dead horse with the What are my chances stuff, but the neurotic pre-med in me needs to get this out. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
oops! The dartmouth was supposed to be under secondary received! haha, I did not get waitlisted at dartmouth, but thanks for your comments

Oh, and I was complete July 22 at MSU CHM

Oh, and I was complete July 22 at MSU CHM

Seems like you've got a pretty good chance at MSU. Let's hope you get it. I would've added NYMC if I had your stats. Good shot as Rosalind Franklin as well IMO. Unless you hear rejections from those two schools I would not worry :thumbup:. Best of luck!

ya, i thought about NYMC, but I know i would have a seriously hard time living in downtown NY, im not a real big city person.

ya, i thought about NYMC, but I know i would have a seriously hard time living in downtown NY, im not a real big city person.

NYMC isn't in the city. It's in Westchester, suburbs of New York. Sounds like that might suit you... if you feel the need to apply to one more school.

Btw, I wouldn't worry just yet. Try to stay occupied with other things. (At least that's what I tell myself, and I'm not even complete anywhere.) Good luck!