webster601

2+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey just wondering if I should be concerned about not having any interviews yet. My stats are decent, I have a 3.79 science GPA and 3.85 overall, 515 MCAT along with good EC's. My only concerns are that I have 3 W's on my transcript and also took several of my science prerequisite courses at a community college.

Most of my applications have been complete since the end of july or beginning of August. Thanks for any input!

alcoholdehydrogenase69

Not a doctor
2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Dude, its august. Chill out, you weren't complete super early which isn't necessarily bad it just means you are likely in for a wait at most schools. Give yourself two more months and if you still don't have any, then I would maybe worry. My friend last cycle applied early and didn't get a UCSF interview until January, he ended up getting in too.

Reactions: chemguy79

AnatomyGrey12

2+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2015
Midwest
Status
Medical Student
Take a Xanax x2. If you don't have any interviews by December then worry. Out of thousands of applicants why do you think you need to be the first to get an interview? People with better stats than you won't get interviews until December or later.

Reactions: Goro

Turkishking

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Take a Xanax x2. If you don't have any interviews by December then worry. Out of thousands of applicants why do you think you need to be the first to get an interview? People with better stats than you won't get interviews until December or later.
I thought by turkey day?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Hey just wondering if I should be concerned about not having any interviews yet. My stats are decent, I have a 3.79 science GPA and 3.85 overall, 515 MCAT along with good EC's. My only concerns are that I have 3 W's on my transcript and also took several of my science prerequisite courses at a community college.

Most of my applications have been complete since the end of july or beginning of August. Thanks for any input!

Reactions: Turkishking