No interviews yet, please chance me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SChris2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The thread is closed, thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
lol I think everything is really good and no one knows what to say. Do you think your personal statement was good? I think it has become a big factor

Reactions: 1 user
lol I think everything is really good and no one knows what to say. Do you think your personal statement was good? I think it has become a big factor
Do you think PS is a big deal nowadays? I didn't put too much effort into it since I wanted to submit as early as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're a stellar applicant. I'm sure you will get multiple interviews and acceptances. You did apply a little late, but that shouldn't be an issue. Just be patient. Your school list also looks good. Only a few that you shouldn't have bothered applying to, but thats not a big deal.

Side note, if dental was not your goal the whole time, your personal statement would need to be pretty convincing as to why you want to change career paths.

Do you think PS is a big deal nowadays? I didn't put too much effort into it since I wanted to submit as early as possible.

I believe it is. Colorado admissions told me to put a lot of effort into my PS.

Thanks everyone, I actually put a LOT of effort into my PS, and my buddies who are dentists and MDs have double checked several times. I wonder how soon will I hear back from any of these schools? Do they take at least 4 weeks to review the application after they received it? Thanks.

The time frame is so variable. Also at this time, most schools are booked up for Pre-Dec 1 interviews, so you may still be 1-2 months before you hear much from your schools since they are busy with all of their interviews and choosing the students that they plan on extending offers to in Dec. You will be in limbo for the next 3-6 months, but just stay active in doing something else productive and your time will come.

you need to play the waiting game. your stats are golden.

Thanks for encouragement! I am still working as a scientist and also collaborate with a dental professor to publish an oral surgery manuscript. However, the paper got rejected from a top journal in the dental field, and now trying to revise it and submit to another dental journal. lol

Just received the first interview today afternoon! being sick in bed today because of flu but I am still very excited! Thanks for everyone's reply, and I will be patient for any possible incoming interviews.

Last edited:
Just received the first interview today afternoon! being sick in bed today because of flu but I am still very excited! Thanks for everyone's reply, and I will be patient for any possible incoming interviews.
Good news!

See, you didn't have to be patient for too long!