No interviews yet. When to panic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AquaDDS

Reaction score
I finished and sent my app to 10 schools in early-mid July but I took my DAT early September and everything was uploaded by the end of September.
cgpa/sgpa 3.98/3.97, DAT AA 21, B23, GC20, OC 21, PAT 20, RQ 20, RC19.
I have a year of full-time dental assisting and biomedical research. A lot of volunteering in hospitals/stem children/research and tutoring. I haven’t received interview invite. I am starting to worry. I know the interviews are conducted till February/March, but I wanted to ask when is the time to send letter of intent.

Members don't see this ad.

I finished and sent my app to 10 schools in early-mid July but I took my DAT early September and everything was uploaded by the end of September.
I have a year of full-time dental assisting and biomedical research. A lot of volunteering in hospitals/stem children/research and tutoring. I haven’t received interview invite. I am starting to worry. I know the interviews are conducted till February/March, but I wanted to ask when is the time to send letter of intent.
In my opinion it's still too early. First offers go out in December, and that's probably when I would inquire and send out letters of interest.

Reactions: 2 users
It would also be helpful to know what schools you applied to

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU
Maryland
Touro
Michigan
Upenn
Temple
Pitts
Houston
Harvard
LECOM

you applied to 9 schools, three of which are in the 5-6 most competitive schools, and to houston, which interviews and accepts very few OOS
you have an outstanding gpa, and a good DAT
unless you have glaringly bad LOR/PS, you should hopefully be hearing from schools soon
your application complete at the end of september is the hang up right now...

you applied to 9 schools, three of which are in the 5-6 most competitive schools, and to houston, which interviews and accepts very few OOS
unless you have glaringly bad LOR/PS, you should hopefully be hearing from schools soon
What 5-6 schools are you referring to lol

Thanks for your insight. Yes Harvard and Houston were my unrealistic reach schools. I agree with you on my completion date being the hang up. (Hopefully)

that information is readily available...
It would’ve been easier and more team like of you to just answer the question instead of the response you gave.......Your post was subjective anyways but go off.....

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
It would’ve been easier and more team like of you to just answer the question instead of the response you gave.......Your post was subjective anyways but go off.....
"Teach a man the search function and he'll eat for life"
- Mahatma Gandhi

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
"Teach a man the search function and he'll eat for life"
- Mahatma Gandhi
Your response was fatuous. Searching "5-6 most competitive dental schools" still would've yielded different responses- which is why I asked that poster specifically since it's subjective anyways.... but like I said to them, go off

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
if you believe it's subjective, then why did you ask?
and then why lol?

there are free and paid resources that list each school's matriculating stats and applicant to accepted numbers
data, not subjective...

Reactions: 1 user
Many schools wouldn’t view your app complete until your DAT score was in, so effectively your app complete date was in mid september, which is relatively late. That being said, you’re a competitive candidate so you’ll get interviews, but they may not be until mid to late november, dec, or post dec.

Many schools wouldn’t view your app complete until your DAT score was in, so effectively your app complete date was in mid september, which is relatively late. That being said, you’re a competitive candidate so you’ll get interviews, but they may not be until mid to late november, dec, or post dec.
Great! Hopefully next month or post December! Maybe I was overreacting when I started this thread :)) best of luck to all the other applicants too