1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

no interviews?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jase133, Nov 24, 2001.

1. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ok
    i need some reaffirmation
    i submitted my applications relatively later than most people and my references are JUST arriving
    of course i don't expect interviews any time soon
    but anyone else in my boat? just seems everyone here is getting accepted (congrats, btw!) - i'm a little jittery, that's all =)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As many will tell you, there is no better year to be a bit "late" in the process! To make you feel better, A chick in my lab submitted her AMCAS THREE MONTHS after me, but was offered an interview at our state school less than three WEEKS after mine. Get your stuff in asap and start on secondaries asap, but I'm sure you'll be OK.

4. Jessica

Jessica Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

jase- I wouldn't get too worried yet! You are not the only one who still has secondaries to send in (who me?? still only half done with my secondaries?? :eek: 25 schools seems like way too many to apply to now, should have listened to my pre-med advisor...) My humble opinion, this is the best year in history to be a late applicant. While we may still be at a disadvantage, as you mentioned people are getting acceptances, it is still very early in the game for this application cycle. My advice, (I will have to take my own advice here too :p ) get your files complete ASAP at the schools you are applying to, and then set up camp at the mailbox and wait for the interviews to start rolling in (gotta love optimism) :D

5. Fixed Gear

Fixed Gear Highly Acetylated Locus
    7+ Year Member

I haven't gotten a damn interview yet.
    submitted 8/1
    all secondaries by mid september
    AMCAS verified 10/30
    AMCAS still not sent to schools! (I have called schools and NO ONE has it. f*ckers, f*ckers, f*ckers!

6. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You are not alone. I have had some applications verified complete since the beginning of September and have yet to hear one single bit of news. No interviews, no rejections. We'll all hang in there and it will turn out in the end I'm sure. Good luck and don't worry, you're not alone out there. Cheers.

7. Ciardeme

Ciardeme Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Here is a kick in the butt for all of those early applicants. I submitted my application to BUTT-CAS on 10/7, verified on 10/30. I have absolutley no clue how that happened. It just goes to show they have NO organization skills. And we are supposed to put our future's in their hands? I recently heard they are taking applications at random for verification. Can you believe that? I just hope the interview Gods are will be this accomodating. Good luck to all of you!

8. praying mantis

praying mantis Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I am also still waiting for my first invite. I'm hoping this is the week! Best of luck to everyone :)

9. lady in red

lady in red Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

me too--first the august MCAT, then the AMCAS disaster, then my reference flaked out on me, then...anthrax..then my email started delivering good mail into trash--you name it! oh yeah, we had a couple of blackouts, too, so my phone was not working!! totally cut off from civilization...
    how the hell am i supposed to get an invite? through a pigeon?????????

10. sean wilson

sean wilson Membership Revoked
    Removed

One would like to think this, but I've friends who interviewed for med school and were grilled about their poor grades, etc.

11. DrThom

DrThom Thundercat
    15+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    and why did you dig up a 3 year old thread....

12. hotchicalica

hotchicalica Member
    5+ Year Member

amcas disaster? what amcas disaster?? :scared:

13. DrThom

DrThom Thundercat
    15+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I think that was the first year AMCAS went totally online and...in AMCAS style...they weren't prepared for it.

Don't know for sure though as this was 3 years ago.

14. icebrat001

7+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Was wondering the same thing :rolleyes: