Nov 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
hi, i haven't received any interview invites for the past 6+ weeks. is this normal?

Jul 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
hi, i haven't received any interview invites for the past 6+ weeks. is this normal?
Does this mean you've already had past invites up to this point or do you mean you haven't had a single invite for the cycle?

Sep 29, 2009
Cleveland
Status
Medical Student
Wait, are you saying you don't have any interviews at all, or you're just in a dry spell? If it's the latter, then yes, that's normal. Seems like for most people there's the initial rush of interviews then it quiets down.

If you don't have any interviews at all, time to start mentally preparing for reapplication in June.

OP
D
Nov 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait, are you saying you don't have any interviews at all, or you're just in a dry spell? If it's the latter, then yes, that's normal. Seems like for most people there's the initial rush of interviews then it quiets down.

If you don't have any interviews at all, time to start mentally preparing for reapplication in June.
I have had 1 interview invite and that is it. I'm starting to get really nervous. Is it still possible to hear back in December?

Jul 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
I have had 1 interview invite and that is it. I'm starting to get really nervous. Is it still possible to hear back in December?
If you have an interview then there might be less to worry about. If you had no interview invites then there would definitely be some concern.

Just be very prepared for it and you'll be fine. I only had 2 interviews this cycle and have done fine.

And yes it is definitely possible to hear back in December (and the following months). So just try to stay patient.

DennyCrane MD

7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2010
I'm with you. Since getting complete around early October, I've gotten two interview invites that same month but nothing in November. I still haven't heard back from around 20 schools. While this is not looking too good, I've heard that December is an active month for invites for late applicants like us (from a reapplying friend). Another friend of mine is also in a similar situation with 3 invites. While I can't say that November is normally a dry month, you are definitely not alone in seeing this.

Oct 21, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Status
Medical Student
My applications were complete at 15 schools by late September to early October, and I have only received one interview invite to date.

That interview resulted in a wait-list (although that school is known for having a very active wait-list, so it isn't that bad).

I know how you feel though, as any other interview invite would really help to calm me down.

Nov 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
complete in sept/oct if this helps.
Med schools are weird - anything is possible. You could get an interview invite a week after completion or 3-4 months after. The important thing is to never give up. If you're volunteering and doing research or something right now, send them an update letter. If you're not, start!

What are your stats?