No invite-should i contact program or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USMELL

FIRE
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have gotten some interview requests, but I am still waiting on my top choice school. I have decent grades, good step 1 score, excellent eval and MSPE, and I haven't heard from them.

Should I email the program, and if so, should one email the program director, residency coordinator?

btw what's the difference between a PD and a residency coordinator?

What should one include in the email?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PD = doctor in charge of the residency; the one who calls the shots
residency coordinator = non-doctor administrative person who does stuff like actually schedule interviews

I also wondered about this. . .

I would contact the PD to show interest. Maybe your application fell through the cracks, and he may be willing to give it a closer look. Good luck!

I would never hesitate to contact a PD by email, providing their contact info is readily available. If their info is available it indicates they don't mind getting an email. If it is not available or you have to do a lot of snooping to find it, then I would email the PC with a note to forward to the PD. The PC are a great screeninig tool and if your note won't help you or they feel it will waste time, they will usually not forward it. The one good thing about PCs is that they will almost always at least respond that they have received your email, even if it is only, "we are currently reviewing files to make our decisions", etc... You have to remember, this is your future and it is up to you to make it happen. While I understand that no one wants to come off as too aggressive or worried, etc., you also have to look out for your best interests. Just be professional and don't go on forever, shorter than this post is probably best!

well, I was nervous but I decided to email the PD and RC, the next day I got an offer to interview, scheduled it. Goes to show what showing intiative and interest can do :)

Sorry if I was confusing in the last post. What I was trying to say is email the pd (pc if you can't get the pd's contact info) hit the high points of your CV in a few sentences and then say how interested in the program you are and why (again a few sentences) then ask if they've gotten to your app yet, you're setting up your interviws, and want to ensure you don't double book, or whatever, end with looking forward to hearing from you or something similar. hope this is more helpful. good luck

just got your post congrats!